Mixed Emotions

Special Delivery

It had only been a day since Mina's grandmother had left but they all missed her so much, she had been amazingly accepting and Mina wished her mother understood her the same way but she knew she was fighting a losing battle and resigned herself to only the one accepting family member as she washed her face in the shower. The water felt warm as it ran down the back of her neck and carried on it's journey to reach the floor. The door opened and Chaeyoung entered, Mina had her eyes closed so she didn't notice who had come in but she didn't need to ask as she felt a quick coolness whilst the shower curtain was opened and a warmth as Chaeyoung's body pressed against hers.

Grinning, she was about to talk when her lips were covered by a single finger and Chaeyoung muttered against her ear, "Don't say a word, just let me take care of you baby. I haven't eaten breakfast yet.", Mina blushed at her words and felt Chaeyoung lower herself down, kissing as she went: lips, chin, jaw, throat, clavicle, s, stomach..until she reached the perfect spot to eat. Mina had to steady herself against the shower wall and cover so she didn't make any noise.

Dahyun whistled to herself whilst she swung the shopping bag and made her way back to her apartment, Momo was waiting just down the road for her and she skipped over to her, smiling widely. "Momorin!, I got you something, close your eyes!, no peeking!", Dahyun stood on tiptoe to look into Momo's eyes to make sure she wasn't cheating and she pecked her nose just because. Rummaging in the bag, Momo smiled as she heard the rustling and opened her eyes as she was told by Dahyun moments later, held in front of her was a small soft toy, it was a tiny tofu and Dahyun giggled as Momo took it and covered in tiny pecks. "Do you like it?, it's a little tofu from your tofu!", she was so excitable sometimes that Momo thought she might explode from cuteness if nothing else.

Arriving home a little while later, they were confronted by a sobbing Mina who was being comforted by Chaeyoung, a letter lay open on the table and Momo went to read it. Skimming through the letter, her heart sank as she handed it to Dahyun to read and went to comfort Mina who seemed inconsolable. Dahyun felt herself well up with tears and walked over to everyone, dropping the letter from Mina's parents as she went.

Formal paper was used to inform Mina of the sad news which had shaken them all: "Dear Mina, Your father and I are so sorry to tell you that this morning when we went to check on your grandmother, we found she had passed away in her sleep. We will inform you of the date of her funeral and ask that you make your own arrangements to get there. The family apologises that we cannot come to collect for the service as we have to collect and arrange transport for other family members. We're sorry to inform you via letter but the rest of the family is simply too emotional to talk on the phone for the moment, our thoughts are with you as with all the family at this time. We love you Mina X