The Parcel

Special Delivery

"mmm...they're taking a long time in the shower, we'll run out of water at this rate", Chaeyoung giggled at Mina's thinly veiled jealousy and cuddled her even closer under the duvet, wrapping it around them even more snuggly. She felt Mina relax and smiled, her head resting against Chaeyoung's chest as she started to yawn, it was dark outside and the remote controlled ambient light was set low in a hue of ocean blue. It was so relaxing that Chaeyoung felt her eyes start to close too and she relaxed too, her chest rising and falling steadily as sleep swept over her and carried her to dreamland where she hoped Mina was waiting.

While they slept, a package was left silently at the door and waited with it's contents tightly wrapped, until morning when one of them would open the door and stumble across it. It wasn't a big box, in fact it was only just too big to fit through the letterbox and it weighed almost nothing at all, a camouflaged brick against the doormat waiting for someone inside to take it in..

Morning arrived suspiciously fast for the girls' liking and with it came Yoo Jeongyeon, she frowned as her toes hit the almost camouflaged package and she picked it up, turning it over and over in her hand to see if there was a name on it at least, there wasn't but she thought nothing of it and knocked the door whilst expertly balancing the coffees she'd brought her friends against the wall in front of her.

Momo opened the door and smiled, throwing her arms around her friend and ushering her inside excitedly as she saw the coffees, not noticing the package or the bewildered expression on Jeongyeon's face as she walked slowly into the apartment after her. Placing the parcel on the table, she waved to the others dotted around the place and received a mix of waves and smiles and the odd hello but she didn't mind so much, she was just happy to see them all after two of them had spent time in hospital.

She sat down between Mina and Dahyun and stared at the package on the table, everything in her was saying she should have thrown it away since it had not a drop of ink on it, not a name of the intended recipient, nor the address. Thinking to herself, a frown appeared on her face as she sat forward and stretched a hand out before the package was snatched from the table and Chaeyoung ripped off the paper to reveal a blank DVD case, she opened it without a second thought, inside, the disc was completely silver but someone had attatched a pink sticky note with the words Play Me Written in black ink.

Without asking anyone and fully aware that they were all watching her, she bent down and put the disc into the DVD player, pressing play on the remote and sitting on the floor in front of the TV like a small child. Now all eyes were on the screen as a fuzzy image appeared and they jumped in unison, all at different stages of shock as they watched.