Anticipating The Worst

Special Delivery

Standing perfectly still, as if not moving would make them invisible, both girls looked around and stared wide-eyed at Jeongyeon. Her face was still stuck in that superior grin as she crept out of the room with her newly acquired evidence. Hearts thumping hard in their chests, the two girl's remained in a sort of awkward embrace as they thought of running after the spy in their midst, but decided against it as it would cause more questions and embarrassment from the rest of the sleeping friends. They finally released each other and with cheeks burning red they crept silently after their bounty as she made her way through to the kitchen.

Stopping to get a glass of water, she teased them by looking at the snapshot and pretending to click on the 'send to all' option on her address book. Inching closer as she drank, the two girls made a grab for the phone and it clattered noisily onto the floor, everyone froze and winced a little as they expected the sound to have woken the others up but there was no movement from either the floor or the sofa and they went back to what they had been doing.

Taking an agonisingly long time to finish her drink, Jeongyeon sipped the last few dregs and put the glass down softly, grinning all the while. She was soon after hit with a whispered barrage of pleas from the other two girls, starting to walk away, she felt resistance as Momo grabbed her arm and tried to stop her escaping. Turning to face her, she stepped closer and heard the breath catch in Momo's throat as they ended up only inches apart, Dahyun was physically clenching her fists at their closeness and was almost certainly about to do something when she heard a mutter come from Jeongyeon and her face flushed with annoyance and frustration.

"If you want me to delete this photo...i'll need something in return...", her words where exactly what Momo thought she would say but she stood there motionless in response and blank minded. Jeongyeon's grin had disappeared and her face was serious once again, she waited for a response and looked from the girl in front of her to the one just behind. Momo was about to speak and rebuff her when Dahyun stepped closer and saved her the trouble.

"What do you want Jeongyeon?, spit it out already", her words were laced with venom and resentment as the girl she once called friend stood mockingly with her fingers her chin in fake thought. Dahyun felt her colour rising and thought she should just grab Momo and walk away but her courage only went so far and it had all but reached it's limit for the day. 

Momo held her breath as Jeongyeon moved to within a few millimetres and put her lips close to her ear, whispering slowly, Momo felt the hairs on her neck stand up in the same instant that Dahyun placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"What I want, is....".