Love, Mom & Dad

Tell Me Goodbye
[Daesung's POV]

I walked around the mansion's halls. there was no noise to be heard, nothing to be seen. It was like a ghost town.
I sighed as I passed by a few rooms where the doors were open, the maids were inside cleaning them and changing the bloody sheets.
I stopped to look inside one of the room as I walked to the door one of the maids step torwards me and bowed.

"Sorry Daesung." she apologized for getting in my way. I just noddd at her.

I walked inside the room and looked around, the room looked as if it has not been used at all.
Over by the window was a bookshelf with a few books on it.
the window was open and the wind blew in making a nice breeze.

"I guess an evil place like this can have something so soothing" I muttered to my-self.
I walked over to the book shelf and looked at the books, some of them were covered in dust others were not.
One of the books looked odly familiar. I began to reach for it but got a sudden flashback.
It went back to the same night my parents were killed.
when the flashback was quickly over i retracted my hand and looked at the book with the black cover and the old style engraving on the font.
I took it off the book shelf and looked at it. there was this strap made of brown leather to help keep the book closed.
I sat down in a chair next to the window and just stared at it.

"Is this the same book that...My father read to me before he was-" I was interrupted when a female's voice spoke up.

"After your parents were killed us mafia went back to the place before the cops showed up to find anything of value. I was just a small baby then but i could remember some small things. My mother was holding me ever so tightly as we walked up the stairs, we went into the room that your parents slept in and my mother saw a black book, with beautiful old writing engraved on it and a brown leather strap to help keep it closed. It was so beautiful and even on the inside there was some writing in it; probably by a man...could be a woman's handwritting. But it said 'For our Son, Daesung may he grow up to be a handsome young man and strong, We pray that you our father will protect him as he journey's out into the world as we-" I finished her sentencer.

"Will not always be there for him, but we know you will. Thank you father. We love you son...Love, Mom & Dad" I softly said as I read on the first page as you first open the book, the small paragraph that my parents wrote for me. A few tears came out of my eyes and Haewon felt sympathy for me, she walked over to me and embraced me in a hug.
I held the book close to my chest not letting it go.
"How can they really be gone Haewon!" I said the tears coming out faster now.
She held me tighter.

"Please don't cry." She whispered in my ear.

"How can I not after reading that." I spoke through my sobs.

"Then I guess you don't want to read towards the ending or even the last page of the book" She said looking at me.
I looked back with a confused look on my face.

"What are-" She interrupted me.

"Just read from where your father left off." She smiled.

"But i don't remember where." I said to her.

"The young guy pointed the gun to the mafia leaders head and held it there. The guy looked into the leaders eyes and the leader looked back. He said 'Do as you want this does not change anything...But please...Take care of my sister, for she is the world to me' A few tears fell out from the leader's eyes." Haewon explained to me.

The beginning of that sounded familiar.
"What happened to the boy whose parents were both killed?" I asked her.

"You will have to read." She smiled and walked out of the room.

I sat there thinking for a few minutes. I wiped the rest of my tears away and stood up, I kept holding onto the book and walked out of the room closing the door behind me.