Chapter 63

Falling in Love on a Show

Nana's POV:

​After Chanyeol had left and ~you~ went off to bed, I stayed put in the downstairs living room with Soohyun, Dongwoo, Sungwoo, Sora, Minwoo, Kangjoon, and Seho.  Before I spoke to them, I thought about it for a long time as they were talking. 

"H-Hey, guys," I began. 
They all looked at me.  "Yeah, Nana?" Soohyun asked. 
"I know, I asked for your guys' help, but could you guys stop now?"  They continued to look at me with some of their facial expressions going blank or confused.  "Thanks for trying to help, but now I realize that it's not worth it.  Chanyeol... he's happy with ~you~ already.  And I was too blind to see that I was causing them so much trouble.  To be honest it hurts more to see him so depressed now when he's usually the happy virus." 
"I agree with you, Nana.  Things have gotten too far.  I talked with Chanyeol a while back about it...  He was really upset with us.  This small little crush on him that you had, grew into something more and bigger," Kangjoon said. 
"Is that why you've been so distant lately?" Minwoo asked.  "Just because you feel guilty, you just stop completely and run off and be alone?" 
I could hear the anger in his voice starting to rise after what Kangjoon said.  I didn't know what to say.  Things just heated up from there, though. 
"What?!?  I don't understand what you're saying, hyung," Kangjoon said. 
"I'm saying you felt guilty for someone and decided to just quit and give up." 
"Yes, I did feel guilty, but I never gave up." 
"Whoa, whoa, whoa.  What are you guys talking about?" Sungwoo asked, stepping in. 
"Nothing," Kangjoon muttered. 
"What do you mean you want us to stop, Nana?" Seho asked changing the subject. 
"Well... like Kangjoon said.  Things went too far to the point where Chanyeol moved out.  I really didn't think that he would feel so frustrated and wanted to get out of the house so badly.  As soon as he moved out, I was crushed.  It made me realize that I was being crazy about getting him to like me back..." I replied. 
"Nana-" Minwoo started. 
"I know, I know.  But I'm not giving up, it's more like I just want him to be happy, and if they only way he'll be happy is when he's with ~you~, then so be it.  I don't mind anymore just as long as he's happy..." 
Everyone seemed to shut up then and sit in complete silence.  I was first to get up and walk away.  I felt like I had really gotten the weight off my chest, but I knew I had to go apologize to ~you~.  Hopefully she was still up. 
Author's POV:
Once Nana left to go upstairs, Gayeon came down to the living room and felt the tense silence.  She looked at everyone of her roommates and wondered why they looked either confused or pissed off.  She carefully made her way around the couch and sat down. 
"What happened?" she asked quietly. 
Every one of the roommates turned to look at her. 
"Nothing..." Kangjoon replied. 
"What do you mean nothing?" Minwoo suddenly raised his voice. 
"I-I-" Kangjoon tried to explain. 
"You let Nana give up on Chanyeol." 
"She did what I was doing for her.  I let her be happy because I love her, but just like right now, she finally let the one she loves go and is trying to move on." 
"What do you mean?" Gayeon asked. 
"I only helped Nana try and get to Chanyeol because I like her and I just wanted her to be happy.  I wasn't think and just went along with the crowd." 
"Oh... I see." 
Minwoo got up and was about to go on more about random stuff until Gayeon saw him and stopped him before he got a chance to say anything. 
"That's enough, Minwoo.  Don't you get it?" Gayeon asked.  "He loves Nana, so he did whatever he had to do to make her happy."  There was a long silence.  "L-Like how I am."  She took in a breath and slowly breathed out. 
"Huh?" Minwoo calmed down and looked at Gayeon. 
"I won't hide it anymore...  I like you, Park Minwoo.  I've been letting you go and ramble on and do whatever you want to be happy.  Although it does bother me and hurt me that you can say that about my best friend, I still like you." 
"Y-you like me?" 
She nodded her head.  "Yes.  You've helped me break out of my shell and I really apreciate it and love your caring self." 
"Gayeon-ah..." 
Minwoo was confused for a second.  Those three words had his words get caught in his throat.  He didn't know what to say.  He'd been so busy with his own personal life that he didn't even realize.  He should've been able to tell.  All those times Gayeon still stood next to him although she was against whatever he said and what came out of his mouth.  He really had been a jerk.  Maybe it was really time to put things to rest.  He knelt down in front of Gayeon and hugged her. 
"I'm sorry," he apologized.  "I'm such a jerk." 
Gayeon wrapped her arms around Minwoo and let her head rest on his shoulder. 
The other roommates smiled and thought about the whole thing thoroughly.  Maybe it was just a waste of time to do what they were doing.  They could've found who they really loved been like you and Chanyeol. 
 
Up in Nana and your shared room, things weren't that different.  Nana walked into the room while you were on your bed waiting for your hair to dry after taking a nice warm shower. 
"Oh, hi," you greeted Nana cautiously.  You've been afraid that Nana was mad at you, so you didn't talk to her as much anymore, which made it slightly awkward between the two of you. 
"Hey," Nana greeted back.  "Um... ~you~..." 
"Yeah?" 
"I'm so sorry." 
"Huh?" 
"I've been a terrible roommate to you.  Everything that's happened... it's all because of me.  It's all my fault.  I'm so sorry for causing so much trouble.  I hope that you can forgive me." 
A small smile grew onto your face as you listened to Nana's apology.  "Of course." 
"Thank you, ~you~.  Thank you so much."  Nana wiped a tear that almost fell from her eye and hugged you. 
That night for the roommates ended pretty sweetly and they finally felt like things would be okay again. 
 
 

Hey guys!  Oh my gosh, I felt like that was the most lamest way of confessing with Gayeon and Minwoo.  Things were hard to explain too.  I had so much boggled up in my mind and I didn't know how to explain it all!  Geez... I'm so sorry if this chapter was hard to understand.  But all in all everyone is on good terms with one another again, so yeah :)  But I'm just warning you, there might be a twist in the story ;)  Oh, and I think I'll put a small alternate ending right after this chapter... I don't know just yet though... I'll decide by the time I put it up hahah :D  Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed! 

 

~Angelflyer