Chapter 4

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV:

After all our interviews and whatnot, we went back to our company and practiced for a little while we waited for Boyfriend oppas to come.  We were going to discuss our debut in Japan.  And since Boyfriend was quite big when they debuted there, we were going to get advice and stuff from them. 

When they did finally get to the practice room we were in the middle of practicing our choreography.  Then we had to stop because they were on a tight schedule today and didn't have much time. 

Time passed as we were talking to them and joking around.  It was fun getting to hang out with them for a little bit.  Then they had to go because of their next schedule. 

After an hour of resting for us, we practiced and talked to the trainees that came in at that time.  It's actually really enjoyable and fun working with the trainees.  We worked with them for at least a good three hours before heading home. 

My manager dropped me off and then they sped off to the dorm.  I dragged my bag behind me and went inside.  Sungwoo was in the kitchen with others cooking dinner already.  I quietly went up to my room and put my bag away before running back downstairs to see if they needed any help. 

I was helping with dinner and everything that I didn't notice that Chanyeol didn't come back yet.  Honestly I was really looking forward on seeing him, but then I remembered that he was going to be recording all night tonight.  I sighed, but continued to focus on cooking. 

After dinner, we all went to go do our own things.  I sat at the piano because I was absolutely bored and played with the keys and tried playing a song that I learned when I was in elementary school.  I eventually gave up and wandered around the house looking for something or someone to talk to. 

Chanyeol's POV:

I left some time around the afternoon and went straight to the studio to film our new music video.  I was so excited that I kind of forgot how tired I was.  As usual, my members and I messed around and joked with one another while we were taking a short break between each set that we were heading to. 

The whole entire filming lasted for the whole rest of the night.  So I didn't get home until like 5 in the morning.  I had to creep in quietly so I wouldn't wake anyone up.  I made it up to my room and changed quickly before heading off to sleep.

Later when Sungwoo hyung woke me up to eat breakfast, it was about 8 or 9 in the morning.  I dragged myself downstairs to eat.  When I got to the dinning room, ~you~ was there eating. 

"Morning," I greeted her. 

She looked up from her plate and said, "Good-morning to you, too.  What time did you get home?"

"Around 5.  I'm still tired. 

"After you eat you can go back to sleep."

"Yeah, but I heard that the staff had things planned for us to do with our roommates today."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah."

"I didn't know.  I guess that'll be fun."

I nodded my head in response and ate the food that Sungwoo cooked.  It was delicious as usual and I finished it all quickly.  ~you~ sat there talking to me even though she finished her plate already.  I wondered why until I finished and then she took it away and started washing the dishes. 

Honestly I felt a little awkward that she did that because I didn't want to make her work.  I slowly made my way over to her and watched as she washed the dishes and I tried to keep her company. 

Later on in the day, me and Sungwoo hyung went out to a wood shop and ordered wood to some wood to make a table outside in our backyard.  After we ordered it, we came back home and relaxed for a while.

Your POV:

I went out with Nana and Soohyun today since today was the day we should hang out and get to know our roommates better.  We went to Pledis' practice room and danced to one of Orange Caramel's songs. 

I got the hang of the dance moves and knew what they were, but I wasn't too clean and sharp on them.  But I could tell that Soohyun was having a difficult time learning it.  I giggled to myself and tried to help her as often as I could because I didn't know every single move to the choreography.  Then while we were taking a break, I got a message from my brother.  It read:

Hyunsu Oppa [3:21 pm]: Hey, I just got a call from mom, she said that dad isn't doing so well right now.

Honestly I didn't know how to reply because I shut out my dad when he re-married my step-mom.  It's not that I hated him for marrying a different woman, it's just that... I don't know.  I just ignored him a lot and thought about my future and what I wanted to do for a living and the rest of my life.  I cried a lot back then, too. 

I gulped and excused myself to the hall way so that I could call my brother.  He answered with-in a couple of rings and I heard his voice.  His soft voice that kind of reminded me of my mother. 

"Hello?" he answered. 

"Hey," I said, "Do you know how dad is?"

"No, all I know is that he isn't doing too well.  That's what mom said."

I cringed a little when he said "mom" as in our step-mother; a person that isn't related to us at all.  I bit my bottom lip and though for a minute and tried to sort things out. 

"Are you going to go back and visit him?" I asked. 

"Yeah, all of us are going, you should come, too," he replied. 

"I can't.  I'm doing a show right at this second and I have to get ready to debut in Japan."

"You have to, come on."

"No," I replied in English.

"Why not?  You know you've always rejected going back and seeing our dad," Hyunsu started to speak in English, too. 

I stayed silent.  I didn't have an actual reason, or at least a good one.  And we've fought about this before, so it's not the first time I argued about this situation with my older brother. 

"~you~, I know, already.  I know you haven't gotten over mom, I know that you're upset with dad just because he married some other woman, I know you don't like our step-mother, but sometimes you have to deal with it, accept the it; accept the fact that mom is gone now.  You have to move on," he said sternly and with a little of annoyance in his voice. 

What he said was basically all true.  Except the part where I'm mad at my father.  I'm really not.  I mean at first I was, but I it up and pushed it off to the side and continued with my life.  So it's not that anymore.  It kind of is that I don't get along with my step-mother, but she doesn't seem to be putting any work in our relationship anymore than I am, so why try?  It isn't worth it.  And I guess it's the fact that I'm afraid to go back to the place where my mother died. 

"Go without me.  Tell dad I'm sorry and that I'll try to come next time," I said before hanging up on him before he got the chance to say anything else. 

I leaned against the wall and slid down so that I was sitting.  Tears ran down my cheeks and I just kept staring at the wall in front of me.  I didn't know what to do.  I've only gone once or twice to visit my dad ever since I moved to Korea to pursue my career. 

Nana comes out of the practice room to look for me because I've been gone for a while now.  I look up at her when she comes out of the room.  I stay where I am and she comes to kneel down next to me. 

"Are you okay?" she asked. 

I nod my head. 

"Did you want to come back in?"

I nod my head again. 

"Okay.  Come back in whenever you're ready."

I nod my head for the last time as I watch her stand up and go back into the practice room.  I'm so thankful that she didn't continue to pester me to tell her what was wrong because I think if I told her I would've started bawling my eyes out.  After I calm myself down and wipe my tears off my face, I go back into the practice room and fake a smile for now.  I just hope that my eyes aren't too red and puffy. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Hi there!! here's a chapter for you guys!! I hope you like it!! :D  and tell me what you think about this story or chapter in the comments!! I love reading comments! 

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer