Chapter 55

Falling in Love on a Show

Chanyeol's POV:

In the morning, I woke up and got ready, then tried to continue to search for my phone quietly.  I gave up on looking when the time was nearing for me to be picked up by my manager. 

I climbed into the van and buckled my seatbelt.  I sighed as I thought about ~you~ because I hadn't contacted her at all and I was worried that she would think that I was ignoring her. 

Then Baekhyun put his phone out in front of me.  I looked down to the phone, then followed his arm up to his face.  "What?" I asked. 

"Call her.  I have her in my contacts," he said. 

"How-" 

"I'm your best friend, Yeol, I can tell." 

I gave him a small smile and took his phone.  Right away I went looking for her name, then pressed on it and put the phone up to my ear.  It kept ringing until she finally picked up.

"Hello?" she answered. 

"Hi, sunshine.  I'm sorry I didn't call you last night, I couldn't find my phone," I told her. 

"Oh, Chanyeol-ah.  It's okay." 

"Okay. Were you getting ready for bed?" 

"No, I'm just laying on the couch." 

"Don't stay up too late." 

"I know, oppa." 

"Okay, that's all.  I'll call you again when you wake up." 

"Okay, bye, oppa." 

"Bye, my love." 

I hung up with a smile on my face and handed Baekhyun's phone back to him.  He gave me a smirk and put his phone away then began singing along to the radio like he always does. 

When we got to the company, we stretched and warmed up, then began practicing.  Then in the middle of our morning break, my manager called me aside.  While the rest of the members talked amongst themselves, I went out to the hallway with my manager. 

"Yeah, hyung?" I asked when the door closed behind us. 

"Have you found your phone yet?" he asked. 

"No, I'm still looking.  Why?" 

"That's what I thought...  Well, it looks like someone has your phone because I've been getting texts messages from you.  Here, see for yourself."  Then he handed me his phone. 

I read all the messages that were sent to my manager from my phone and right away I knew who had my phone- or the people who had it.  I looked to my manager and sighed. 

"I know who has it," I finally said. 

"Who?" 

"One of my roommates." 

"How do you know?" 

"It's a long story." 

"Okay, well tell me later all about it.  And please get your phone back.  When you find out who had your phone tell me right away so that I can ask the company to talk to them about it." 

"Alright, hyung.  I will." 

"Good.  Get back in there now.  I'll bring you all lunch later." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, you guys have done a lot of practicing lately." 

"Thanks, hyung!" 

"No problem, kid.  Now go." 

I happily skipped back into the practice room and right away continued dancing and practicing with my members.  Later at lunch we got lunch from our manager, then practiced for another three hours before going back to the dorm, but I went back to the roommate house. 

Earlier I had told my roommates that I would be coming home late from practice, but we ended up ending practice a bit early.  When I got back to the house, I found most of the roommates in the backyard.  They were all crowding Soohyun noona and looking down at something in her hands. 

From then I had already known what they were playing with.  I bit my teeth down together and breathed out through my nose before calming myself and walking out there. 

"Hey guys," I said. 

They all turned around in surprise and just stared in shock while trying to hide the phone away.  Then they went from shocked to nervous and looked at Soohyun to answer.  I stood there patiently waiting for one of them to talk. 

"What are you guys looking at?" I asked. 

"N-Nothing.  We were j-just talking," Soohyun finally answered. 

"Right..."  I mentally scoffed.  "So have any of you guys seen my phone anywhere by chance?" 

"Nope," they all answered at the same time. 

"Okay then."  I walked closer to them and sat near the edge of the bench.  "Can I join you guys?" 

There was an awkward pause while they all looked at each other before all getting up.  And as they got up I saw Soohyun slip my phone into her back pocket.  I looked at her and she looked quite nervous. 

"Noona."  I was done playing around.  "Please give me my phone." 

For a second she just stared at me.  Then the door opened and out came Sungwoo hyung.  He had a smile on and greeted everyone.  "Oh, Chanyeol, I didn't know that you were here." 

Instead of turning to greet him back, I just stared at Soohyun.  She looked away from me and to Sungwoo who was walking up behind us seeing what was happening. 

"What's going on?" Sungwoo asked. 

"Noona," I said sternly. 

"Ch-Chanyeol-ah, I don't know w-what you're talking about," Soohyun said nervously. 

"I know you have my phone.  I've already seen the proof.  I already had a feeling that you guys had my phone even before my manager had to tell me.  So just hand it over." 

"Soohyun," Sungwoo said. 

She bit her bottom lip and hesitantly pulled my phone out of her pocket and handed it over to me.  I took it and as soon as I grabbed it, it started to ring.  I picked it up in front of them. 

"Hey, sunshine," I said trying to sound happy. 

"H-How long ago did you find your phone?" she asked.  It sounded like shewas crying and sniffiling. 

"I just got it back right now, love.  Why?" 

"S-So it wasn't you who was texting me, right?" 

"No, love, no that wasn't me." 

She took a deep breath.  "Okay." 

"I'll call you back in a minute, okay?" 

"Okay." 

She hung up and I put my phone into my pocket.  I opened my mouth to say slash yell at my roommates, but decided against it and walked off to my room.  As I did walk up to my shared room with Sungwoo, I took a look at what my roommates had been sending to the people on my contacts. 

I was beyond pissed off by the time I was done reading.  I mean, they've only been sending texts to ~you~, my manager, and some of my group members, but that was enough to make me go mad. 

Right away I called back my sunshine and explained to her what was happening. 

"Love, I cannot take it anymore," I said with teary eyes. 

"I know, oppa, I know," she said quietly. 

"I'm going to talk to the PD sometime this week about dropping out of 'Roommate' and I think you should, too." 

"I don't know..." 

"I know that I'm suffering, and I don't want you to suffer too.  Although... you're suffering right now, aren't you." 

"Of course I am.  It's hard being away and seeing you get hard from afar, oppa.  I'm so sorry." 

I chuckled, "Why are you apologizing, love?  I just want what's best for you and I.  We'll get through it together." 

"I love you, Park Chanyeol." 

"And I love you, Lee ~you~." 

 

 


Hia!  Such a sweet ending to a chapter isn't it?  Heheh C:  This story will end pretty soon I think (cause I'm going out on a limb and creating the story as I go, so yeah not sure)  But hopefully you guys are enjoying it!  :)  And I do apologize for the late update... I've been busy all weekends ever since school started, but I'm trying to update as fast as I can.

 

~Angelflyer