Chapter 45

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV:

The first neighbors that I went to was a family of four, a mother, father, grandma, and a little girl.  As I stood up on their poorch and waited for someone to answer, I thought of how long the three years I've been gone seemed like. 

Finally the mother came to the door.  "Oh, ~you~," she said. 

"Hi," I greeted. 

"Come in.  I haven't seen you in so long," she continued.

We walked in and sat in the living room.  I gave her a container of cookies, then her daughter came running in from the backyard with their cute little dog. 

"Hi," I said to her. 

"H-Hi," she shyly greeted me.  "Mommy, who is she?" 

"She's our next door neighbor," her mom replied. 

"I thought that it was only Mr. and Mrs. Lee." 

"Nope.  I have three other brothers, too," I said. 

"How come I don't see you?" 

"Because my brothers and I moved to Korea.  We're just here to visit.  Anyways, have some cookies.  I just baked them." 

The girl smiled and grabbed a cookie out of the container and began nibbling on it.  I talked with the two for a little bit longer before they thanked me and said good bye while I walked out. 

The next neighbors were an old couple.  I knocked on their door and when the old man came out he smiled.  I greeted him and passed him the container of cookies. 

"I hope you'll like them," I said. 

"Of course we will," the old man replied. 

"Who's at the door?" I heard a voice ask.  There was feet shuffling through the house, then the old lady appeared behind the man.  "Oh, hello, ~you~." 

"Hi," I said. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"I stopped by to say hi and offer some cookies." 

"Why thank you.  Are you just visiting for the week?  Is that boy here again too?" 

I was confused for a second.  I didn't understand what she was talking about until I thought back to the time when I brought Chanyeol here with me and we passed by this house when I walked him to the school. 

"Oh... well no I'll be staying here for a while and no... he's not here," I replied. 

"What boy?" the old man asked. 

"I saw a boy following her one night," the old lady replied.  "Who is he, by the way?" 

"He's... m-my boyfriend," I replied shyly. 

"Oh, okay.  Well next time bring your boyfriend so that I can make dinner for you two." 

I smiled.  "Okay.  I'll get going now." 

"Okay, dear.  See you later." 

I waved goodbye to them and went back home.  It was around lunch time now and my step-mom made lunch for us.  We ate, just the five of us again, then I went up to try to get my dad to eat. 

When I got up to the master bedroom, I noticed that the breakfast that I had left this morning was left untouched.  I sighed and the tray of lunch on the side table and picked up the one from breakfast. 

"Dad," I said, "wake up." 

He slowly opened up his eyes and turned his head to face me.  I showed him the sandwich and glass of water.  And just like this morning, he shook his head and looked away.  I bit my bottom lip and continued to try and convince him to eat, but he was still being stubborn.  Eventually I just left with the breakfast and went down to wash the dishes. 

The next few weeks were the same thing.  Trying to get my dad to eat, talking to the neighbors, doing some housework here and there, hanging out with my brothers and old friends, going out to downtown, and texting and calling Chanyeol as much as possible. 

As the days passed by, though, I grew more and more impatient and frustrated with my dad.  He was being stubborn and didn't want to eat or drink anything at all.  We had to take him to the hospital once and that's the only time he actually ate and drank something. 

Now that he's back home and in bed, as always, he went back to his regular not eating schedule.  I couldn't take it anymore.  He was making himself and all of us suffer. 

I went up to his room with dinner in hand, and there he was.  Laying in bed not moving an inch with his eyes closed.  I set the tray down onto the bed side table and put my hand on his shoulder. 

"Dad, here's some dinner," I said softly. 

He shook his head without opening up his eyes. 

"Come on.  You need to eat." 

Again he shook his head. 

I bit my bottom lip and let out a sigh.  "Dad," I said sternly, "eat this, now." 

Silence. 

"Stop being stubborn and eat the food.  I came all the way back over here because I was worried about you.  I couldn't make it here right when I heard you got sick because I had stuff to take care of.  Now that I'm here you need to eat.  Stop starving yourself." 

He opened his eyes and shook his head at me. 

I clenched my teeth together and tried not to get too mad yet.  "Can you stop being like this?  Can't you just eat something and not hurt yourself?" 

He just kept staring at me. 

"Please?  Just eat something.  It doesn't have to be a lot.  Just eat so that you can be healthy again." 

More silence. 

"Dad!" I exclaimed.  "You know how to speak!  I know you do!  So talk to me.  Tell me what's going through your head."  I paused and thought.  "Actually, I'm the one who caused you to be and act like this, aren't I?  I'm the reason why you're starving yourself and now you're like this, huh?  I'm sorry...  I know this is all my fault.  I said that to you and I feel terrible.  I'm so sorry.  I really didn't mean it.  I didn't expect for this to happen.  But... you know, doing this to yourself really hurts me... us.  So please stop this and eat and be healthy again....  If you go too... then I don't know what I'll do.  Mom being gone is bad enough, so please... Dad, please...  I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry." 

The tears that just started as droplets became a river.  They wouldn't stop flowing down my cheeks.  It seemed like nothing could stop my tears from falling, until my dad lifted his hand and placed it my forearm.  I slowly removed my hands from my face and looked down to him.  Tears had escaped his eyes as well. 

"I'm sorry, too," my dad said weakly.  "Don't cry, okay?  I-I will eat and become healthy again for you guys." 

Right then my brothers came in all at once.  They all seemed happy, but had a sad kind of smile on their faces.  Kwan hugged me and gave me a tissue paper to wipe my eyes, while Jisoo tried to hide that he was tearing up as well. 

After talking and giving our dad something to eat and drink, we finally left the room and let him rest for the night.  All four of us sat in the living room and felt that things were going to get better from this day on. 

 

 


Hia!  I hope you guys enjoyed the double update today!  And what did you guys think about this whole situation?  OH, and don't worry about your relationship with Chanyeol and or Chanyeol's POV because the next chapter  or chapters will be about Chanyeol and how he's doing over in Korea :) 

 

~Angelflyer