Chapter 49

Falling in Love on a Show

Author's POV:

When Nana and Chanyeol were out walking in the city, they thought that they weren't being followed or they didn't get seen.  But sadly, there was a paparazzi who was coincidentally grabbing something to eat at the same food stand as the two.  And the paparazzi couldn't resist and brought out his camera and secretly took a picture.  Lucky for the guy, their faces came out as clear as day on his camera. 

Within a couple of hours that became the big news in the kpop world.  The Chanyeol from EXO was on a date with After School's Nana overseas in China.  There were multiple things being posted and or shared online that almost everyone knew about it already. 

The fans... some loved that the two were on a "date", but there were others who disagreed of course.  Usually the fans would be split in two, but this time it seemed like there was another that peopled loved as well, it was one with Chanyeol and ~you~.  Although it was surprising, there were actually many fans who supported Chanyeol and ~you~ with just the little evidence that they could find throughout 'Roommate'. 

The next morning when Chanyeol woke up, his manager came barging into his and Baekhyun's room.  He was furious and disappointed that Chanyeol was caught so easily. 

"Park Chanyeol, would you care to explain this?!?" EXO's manager asked and showed him an article about him and Nana. 

Once Chanyeol was finished reading the whole article he spoke up, "No, this is all wrong.  We weren't on a date." 

"Well, that's what it says here." 

"You know that they always put 'date' in when there's a girl and a boy, hyung." 

"I know that.  What I'm trying to ask is how were you caught." 

"I don't know.  I was positive I saw no one.  We even hid our faces pretty well, I don't know how these pictures were taken." 

"So there's somehow a double of you and Nana wondering around the city." 

"No, I didn't say that." 

The manager sighed.  He was completely frustrated.  Other than having to deal with the twelve boys and their schedules, now he had to deal with this so called 'dating scandal'. 

"I'm sorry, hyung." 

"It's fine.  For now we'll just hold off on saying anything.  I'll go talk to Nana's company too when we get back." 

Chanyeol nodded his head and watched as his manager exited the room. 

Chanyeol's POV:

How can this happen?  I was almost positive that there weren't any paparazzi around and no one seemed to notice us at all.  I thought we were pretty careful, but I guess not. 

The thing was, I don't mind being caught going out, but I hated how they thought that I was on a date with Nana.  They just skipped to conclusions right away and I really didn't appreciate that. 

I reached for my phone and went through some articles that involved me and Nana.  One of the articles that I was looking at made me feel as if I was hit.  It was a picture of me and Nana hugging.  It seemed like it was right after the drunk guy had tried to grab her.  Then there were pictures of me dropping her off at her hotel. 

After I read and saw all those pictures and articles, I thought about ~you~ and how she would feel about this.  It would totally seem like I was cheating on her, and make it look like I go hangout with other girls while she's away.  I sighed and kept thinking about ~you~

I didn't even realize that a couple of tears ran down my cheeks until Baekhyun came out of the bathroom and asked, "Hey, Yeol, are you okay?"  He sat across from me and looked me in the eye while reaching for some tissues and handing it to me. 

"I-I don't know..." I muttered. 

"What happened?  I heard manager hyung come in as soon as I stepped into the shower." 

 

"They caught me and Nana out in the city."  I paused for a minute.  "Hyung... what if ~you~ thinks I'm cheating on her?" 

"Well, tell her beforehand.  I'm sure she'll understand."  Baekhyun patted my shoulder and continued to try and comfort me. 

Later that night, I called ~you~ as soon as I got into the hotel after practice.  She didn't answer the first time, making me worried that she already saw the news and was angry at me.  But then she answered within the first ring when I tried for the second time. 

"Hello?" she answered.  From listening to her voice it seemed like she had just gotten up from sleeping. 

"H-hello?" I said nervously. 

"Hey, what's up, oppa?  Are you done with practice?"  She seemed like her usual self. 

"Yeah.  I just got to the hotel." 

"Oh.  Ooh, guess what!" 

"What?" 

"My dad's getting better already.  I think I'll be coming back soon!  I miss you so much." 

"That's good...  I-I miss you, too." 

"Hmm?  Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

"Because you don't sound okay.  Tell me what's wrong." 

I took in a deep breath and wiped away the tears that fell.  Honestly, I don't know why I was crying.  I guess it was because I was just scared of her hating me.  And I love her, so it would kill me if she felt hurt about it. 

"Yesterday Nana came to see me after our concert.  She asked me to go hangout with her since she did come all the way here just to see me, and I said sure.  I don't know if she considered it a date or not, but I know for sure that I just wanted to go and hangout as friends and friends only.  This morning I found out that there were pictures of us two going around online and people said that we are dating."  I sighed.  "I swear I can explain everything.  I-I really hate this all.  I don't want everyone to believe that I'm dating the person that I don't love." 

"Shh," she shushed me in a sweet way.  "It's okay.  If you say that it was just you two hanging out, then I believe you.  You don't have to explain anything.  I love you and I trust you.  Don't stress over it, alright?  And don't cry." 

"I wasn't crying," I sniffed and pouted. 

She giggled.  "I know you too well, Chanyeol-ie." 

My lips curled up into a smile.  "I'm glad that I fell in love with an angel like you." 

"Awe, you're too sweet.  I love you.  Get some sleep and don't worry about it.  I'll be back soon." 

"Okay.  I love you, too." 

 

 


Hello!  Did you guys enjoy this chapter?  I can't say that I loved it because at some parts I wasn't too satisfied with my writing, but it turned out okay in the end :)  Anyways, how do you guys feel about it now?  Were you surprised by the beginning?  Hehe C:

 

~Angelflyer