Chapter 34

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV:

Chanyeol finished changing and then we headed back out where everyone else was.  They decided that they'd go out and find the spiciest foods for Sora unnie to eat later tonight.  Just as we were walking out and into the car, another car pulled up in front. 

As soon as I saw the car I knew who it was.  I let out a small sigh as I stopped moving where I was and waited for Kwan to walk out.  He did and greeted everyone who was there before looking at me. 

"What are you doing here, hyung?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Pick up ~you~," Kwan replied. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"You know why." 

"I can get there myself..." 

"~you~ who is he?" Sungwoo asked. 

"He's my older brother," I replied. 

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked. 

"To see Hyunsu and our dad," Kwan replied. 

Silence filled the air as we all just stood there for a moment.  I turned to look at Chanyeol.  His expression didn't seem too happy and I felt sad because I knew exactly why his mood dropped.  We talked, and he told me that he was sort of afraid of my dad and that he wasn't too fond of him.  I found him kind of cute when he was telling me because he seemed so nervous, and I coudln't have agreed more with him.  I mean I understood why he was afraid and didn't really like my dad. 

I held his hand and gave it a small squeeze.  He looked down to me with his big eyes.  "I'll see you later," I mouthed to him.  His eyes widdened and he shook his head.  "I'll go with you," he mouthed back.  I gave him a small smile and shook my head while letting go of his hand.  Before my hand could slip away from his, he tightened his grip around it and pulled me close to him and pecked my forehead. 

"I'll see you later," I said and walked over to my brother. 

He gave me a small smile and waved to me.  Kwan said good bye and then we climbed into his car and headed straight for the hospital.  The car ride there was completely silent.  I was pissed at Kwan because I was being stubborn and really didn't want him to pick me up.  I honestly felt like not going to meet my dad, but I guess I have no choice now. 

Kwan pulled in to the parking lot and we made our way up to Hyunsu's room.  I opened the door and walked in.  The first person I saw was my dad who was sitting on the couch, then Hyunsu who was still laying in the hospital bed, and my step-mom. 

I stood there in the room just staring at everyone and letting them stare back.  Then Kwan closed the door behind us and pushed me into the room more. 

"~you~," my dad said, "you came." 

"Yeah.  Now I'm here, what did you want?" I asked trying to not sound too rude. 

"I just wanted to see you." 

"Well, I'm kind of busy..." 

"You still came." 

"Because Kwan here dragged me here."  No one said anything at all.  "Well, I need to get going now if you have nothing else to say." 

"~you~, don't be like this," Hyunsu said. 

"You shouldn't be saying anything.  You don't understand." 

"~you~.  That is enough!" my dad 's voice boomed.  "You need to stop with this nonsense right now.  I thought that your stubbornness was just a phase that you were going through, but I guess not.  You've been extremely rude and I'm sick and tired of your attitude.  Your mother is gone and you or anyone cannot change that.  You need to get over it already.  There's a reason why you have a step-mother." 

"Do you really expect me to think of that thing as my mom?  And like I said before, I've tried to get over it... Don't you know how hard it is to lose someone yo love?  Was it really that easy for you to get over mom?  Did you even love her?" 

"Of course I did.  I wouldn't have married her if I didn't.  You're just being ridiculous.  Move on, ~you~." 

"Stop it!  You're making me go crazy!  All you ever tell me is to get over it...  I've told you many, many times that I can't.  I just... can't." 

"Yes you can.  You're not even trying to be happy.  You just mope around and avoid me, you're only father!" 

"You know, sometimes I wish that you died instead of mom!" 

As soon as that came out of my mouth I regretted it.  I looked into my dad's eyes... his poor old, sad eyes.  He stayed quiet and turned his head and kept his eyes towards the ground.  He didn't want to talk to me anymore.  I honestly tried telling him that I didn't mean it, but nothing came out.  My voice was trapped in my throat. 

I looked to my two brothers who were quiet the whole time.  They, too, avoided eye contact with me.  I bit my bottom lip and was able to whisper a small sorry before leaving. 

Without paying attention to where I was going, I walked and walked and walked.  I needed to clear my mind and be alone.  As I walked, tears ran down my cheeks.  I was just so full of emotion right then that I let everything out.  I didn't care if people were staring at me.  I needed to calm down and relax. 

Chanyeol's POV:

After ~you~ had left with her brother, I went with Soohyun noona and Minwoo hyung to a small restaurant.  I had fun with them there, but as soon as we were done, we went back home.  The other group didn't take too long and soon came home after us. 

For a long while I was distracted by the roommates, but my one and only came into mind here and there.  And when it was about 9 pm, I started to worry.  She hadn't texted me or called me at all, so I tried calling her.  My heart was racing because she didn't pick up in the first few rings, but when she finally did I could relax a bit.  As soon as she spoke, though, all my worry came back. 

 

 


Hello my readers!!  I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a very very very long time :(  I hope you guys can forgive me...  And co-author TeReo1's computer broke!  But she ordered a new one though.  So she should be back soon :) 

 

~Angelflyer