Chapter 43

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV:

When we got home, my step mom was surprised to see me as she walked from the kitchen to the living room.  "~you~," she said, "what are you doing here?"  I couldn't tell if she wanted me here or not, but I decided to answer her politely. 

"I came to see my dad," I said and set my bag down on a chair. 

"Oh... He's upstairs resting now, so just settle in first." 

I nodded my head and watched her go upstairs while my brothers pulled in my big suitcase from the car.  I thanked them and went to my old bedroom.  Mostly everything was still where it was when I left here to Korea a long time ago.  My old bed sheets were gone and replaced with plain ones and everything was all clean with a couple of things missing since I took it with me. 

Soon enough I was being called to eat dinner just as I was putting away my clothes.  I left the clothes to hang out on the bed while I went to the kitchen.  My step mom had just finished setting the table and sat down.  We all sat down and I realized that my dad was missing from the table. 

"Dad's not coming down to eat?" I asked. 

Everyone fell silent.  My step mom looked down to her food and sniffled.  "No, your father want's to stay in bed," she replied quietly.  A minute passed.  "You guys can go ahead and eat.  I'll up in my room."  With that she stood up and went upstairs. 

I looked up at my brothers.  They were all eating.  None of them said anything.  When I was about to open my mouth and say something, I decided to just stay quiet as well. 

Dinner ended with no one speaking.  I was the last one left at the table and cleaned up.  After wiping down the table and washing the dishes, I passed my brothers in the living room to my room. 

It didn't even take a minute before I heard someone knock on my door.  I put my last shirt into my drawer and turned to face whoever was knocking.  It was Hyunsu. 

"Hey," he said and leaned against the door. 

"Hey," I replied and stood up.  "Look, I'm sorry about dinner... I shouldn't have said anything." 

"Don't be sorry.  It's no one's fault, okay?" 

"Hyunsu-" 

"Don't worry about it.  Now, come on.  Let's go enjoy our old days." 

He walked out first and I followed behind.  The rest of the day we sat in the living room and played video games just like when we were kids and ate junk food as we did.  And when it became dark out, we quit gaming and a scary movie to watch.  It really did feel like old times back before we moved to Korea, back before my dad didn't marry another woman, back when our mom was still alive, back to when everything was happy.  I felt my sad emotions coming back, but then realized if none of this happened, maybe I might've not met Chanyeol, maybe I wouldn't have become who I am now.  I smiled thinking about Chanyeol and quickly texted him telling him that I missed him. 

Chanyeol's POV:

I went home after practice and was greeted by Nana who was just coming down the stairs.  "Oh, hi," I greeted her.  She smiled back and walked down a couple of stairs before slipping.  Luckily I was there to catch her before she fell.  She was gripping onto my shoulder tightly and rested her head next to mine while I held her arms preventing her from falling. 

"Thanks," she said when we let go of each other. 

"No problem," I replied and up to put my bag away. 

When I got to the table and sat down, I noticed that Sungwoo, Dongwook, Kangjoon, and Gayeon were missing.  We began eating without them, though.  I wasn't really paying attention the the conversations being made because I was thinking about ~you~, but I was pulled in when I heard someone call my name. 

"Chanyeol-ah, don't you think so?" Minwoo hyung asked. 

"Huh?  What did you say?" I replied not understanding what they had been talking about before. 

"I said, 'Nana is very pretty.  Don't you think?'" 

"Oh.  Yeah, Nana is pretty."  I smiled at Nana and thought 'But my sunshine is the most beautiful girl in the whole world.' 

"Nana's also learning Chinese, and since you have Chinese members could you maybe teach her?" Soohyun asked.  I was a bit confused because that question really came out of the blue. 

"Umm, I actually only know a couple of words," I replied nervously. 

From there it quieted down, thankfully.  I have no idea why they were asking me so many questions about Nana.  It just made me confused, I felt like I was missing something. 

Luckily for me dinner ended soon after and I went straight to my room.  I laid in my bed and pulled my phone out.  I was waiting for a text from ~you~, but then I remembered how long the flight takes and put my phone down. 

It was still early, but I had nothing else to do and had a big schedule tomorrow, so I decided to get some rest. 

Author's POV:

As everyone was downstairs eating in the dining room, Dongwook, Sungwoo, and Gayeon were up in Gayeon's room.  Dongwook had gotten curious about the night before and went to ask Sungwoo about it.  By accident Gayeon had overheard what Sungwoo and Dongwook were talking about and joined the conversation. 

"So what made them decide to plan that?" Dongwook asked the two. 

"One day while you, Bom, Chanyeol, and ~you~ were gone, Nana spoke up about her crush on Chaneyol," Gayeon explained. 

"And somehow manipulated their brains by saying that it all happened too fast or something," Sungwoo added. 

"Yeah... and it's just because they're being stupid... especially Minwoo oppa," Gayeon muttered. 

"Okay, but only Chanyeol and ~you~?" Dongwook asked. 

"Yeah," Sungwoo replied.  When Sungwoo said that, Dongwook felt a wave of relief wash over himself, but still felt bad for the young couple who were being targeted. 

"Does Chanyeol or ~you~ know about this?"

"We decided not to tell them.  When you think about it this situation can really break the roommates apart," Gayeon said. 

"Well this show seems to be turning out to be a drama.  They're being too childish right now," Dongwook said, irritated by all of it. 

"What can we do?  They won't change their minds so easily." 

Then the three fell silent.  What could they really do?  They didn't want it to affect their relationship with one another, neither did they want for Chanyeol and ~you~ to suffer.  They were limited with what they could do and if they went on with whatever option they picked they would have to proceed with caution. 

 

 


Hello!  How are you guys feeling about it all right now?  Are you as frustrated as Dongwook?  Or maybe the confused puppy Chanyeol?  Whether you're either one, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter!  :)

 

~Angelflyer