Chapter 44

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV:

The next morning, light awakened me and I sat up.  Last time I remembered I was sitting on the couch with my brothers watching a movie, but I found myself laying on my own bed.  I pushed myself out of bed and went to wash up. 

Then I went to start breakfast because it didn't seem like anyone was up yet.  I guess none of us really needed to work after all, so there was no reason to get up early. 

As I was cooking up something for the six of us, Hyunsu came down rubbing his sleepy eyes.  I giggled when I saw him because of his bed head.  He leaned against the counter and watched me cook over the stove. 

"Are you just going to stare at me and not help?" I asked. 

"You look like you can handle everything," he said. 

"Go set the table, then." 

He nodded his head and began setting the table.  I finished making breakfast soon after and brought the dishes to the table.  Then everyone began coming down one by one to sit down and eat- well, everyone except for my dad.  It was just like last night, quiet with only our utensils hitting the plates being heard. 

After breakfast, I went up with a tray of food to my dad's room.  I softly knocked on the door and carefully pushed it opened.  I don't know what I was expecting when I walked in, but for sure seeing him all pale and skinny to the bone was really surprising. 

Then suddenly a memory flashed in front of me.  It was of me and my brothers when we were around ten years old bringing up breakfast for my parents.  Me and Hyunsu brought up breakfast while Kwan and Jisoo made sure our parents stayed in bed.  There was so much smiling.  Such a happy atmosphere. 

My hands shook a little, but I continued to make my way over to the bed.  My dad was sleeping, but when I set the tray down on the side table, he awoke.  Slowly, he turned his head to look at me.  I gave him a sad smile, feeling depressed to see him like this.  Usually he never gets sick. 

"Hi, dad," I said softly. 

He didn't say anything, but he tried forcing on a smile.  I felt even more bad now, just smiling needed a lot of energy for him. 

"I brought you breakfast."  He looked at the tray and shook his head.  "What?  Did you want me to cook you something else?  I can go out and buy groceries." 

Again he shook his head no. 

"Dad, you have to eat." 

This time he turned his head and looked straight up to the ceiling. 

"The doctor said you have to eat.  It's not healthy for you to be like this." 

Nothing. 

I put my hand on his shoulder.  "Dad.  Please." 

Still silence. 

I was starting to get frustrated.  Letting out a sigh I pulled my hand away and made my way to the door.  I took one last look at him before I closed the door and headed back downstairs. 

It seemed like my brothers were waiting for me because when I came down, they were waiting in the living room just sitting there.  And when I came into the room, they all turned their heads at me right away. 

"So?" Hyunsu asked. 

I pressed my lips into a line.  "He didn't want to eat," I replied sadly. 

Kwan got up and stood next to me to rub my shoulder.  "It's okay.  We'll ask him later for lunch and dinner and so on." 

I nodded my head and sighed.  Then I went to my room and looked to see if I got any calls or messages from Chanyeol.  A smile automatically formed when I saw that he tried to call me once and left 5 texts. 

Chanyeolie Oppa:  Oops!  I forgot about the time difference!  Don't worry about calling me back, okay? 

- How are you doing?  Did you eat yet?  Be healthy!

- Miss you so much already...  But make sure that your father is okay before coming back. 

- You're doing okay without me, right? 

- I only have to endure for a little bit right?  Come back soon....

I giggled at his texts.  His texts were so cute.  That's why I love him.  Without even checking the time difference I texted him back anyways and went to bake cookies so that I could visit the neighbors. 

When I got back to my room after baking the cookies, my phone buzzed.  I walked over to where it was charging and looked at it.  Chanyeol had texted me back already.  He basically texted me back the same things as before and told me that he was heading home after a long night of practicing.  So I decided to call him. 

"Hello, sunshine," Chanyeol greeted me right away. 

"Hi, oppa," I said. 

"I miss you so much." 

"I miss you, too." 

"Yeah, Chanyeol misses you so much that he can't even focus," I heard a voice say. 

"Do you miss me too, ~you~?" another voice said. 

I laughed.  "Was that Sehun and Baekhyun?" I asked. 

"Yeah..." Chanyeol replied.  Then I heard him yell, "Yah, shut up!" 

"They're so cute." 

"Heyyy!  You're supposed to only call me cute..." 

"You're cute too, Chanyeolie."  Even though I couldn't see him, I could tell that he was smiling. 

"Anyways, how's your dad doing?" 

"He's... he's okay.  He won't eat anything.  I just went to give him breakfast and he wouldn't eat it."  My mood started to slip slowly thinking about my dad and his condition. 

"Oh...  Don't worry about it, okay, my love?  I know for sure that things will get better and your dad will be fine.  You can do it!  Fighting!" 

My mood and smile came back immediately.  "Okay.  Thank you."  There was a pause before I continued.  "You know, this is why I love you.  You always make me smile." 

"You make me smile all the time, too." 

"Okay then.  You go home and rest." 

"Okay.  I love you, sunshine." 

"I love you, too.  Goodnight, oppa." 

"Have a good day, my love." 

"Bye." 

"Bye." 

I really didn't want to hang up, but he still needed to rest for his upcoming concerts.  And after I changed, I packed up the cookies that I baked and brought them over to the neighbors. 

 

 


Hello!  I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter!!  Another chapter should be coming out soon!  :)

 

~Angelflyer