Chapter 51

Falling in Love on a Show

Chanyeol's POV:

The next morning I woke up I felt better than the night before.  My head didn't hurt anymore and I felt perfectly fine.  I turned and saw that Sungwoo wasn't in his bed, as usual.  He was probably already downstairs cooking breakfast.  Then turned my phone on and searched for ~you~'s name in my contacts list. 

"Hello?" she answered. 

"Hi, my sunshine," I greeted her. 

"Are you feeling better?" 

"Yeah...  I'm sorry for making you worry." 

"No, it's fine.  I just want to make sure that you're okay." 

"Well, I would feel even more better if you were here with me right now." 

"Awe, you're as sweet as always...  Uh, Chanyeol-ah, what exactly happened last night?" 

I sighed.  "It's a long story." 

"I have time." 

I told her about everything that happened last night.  When I was finished talking, she stayed silent for a while.  I was scared and worried that she was upset, but thankfully she responded soon enough. 

"Chanyeol..." she said softly, "Pledis' company already confirmed that you and Nana are dating..." 

"What?!?  You don't believe it right?  Trust me, I swear we're not.  I don't know what they're talking about..." 

"I believe you, oppa.  I trust you with all my heart.  It's just... I don't know what to think." 

"I told my manager to tell the company that we aren't dating.  Plus my manager already knows that you and I are together.  I have no idea what's on Nana's mind- and the other roommates too.  This whole thing is stressing me out." 

I heard her sigh.  "Chanyeol-ah, can you promise me that no matter what happens, you'll still stay with me?" 

"Of course, love.  I promise.  I love you so much and I'll never leave you.  Never." 

"Okay, good."  There was a sniffle from her end. 

"Please... don't cry, my love."  I lifted my left hand and wiped away a tear. 

After we finished talking and hung up, I finally got out of bed and went to wash up.  As I washed up, I couldn't stop thinking about ~you~.  This whole situation was probably stressing her out too.  And I wouldn't blame her if she thought that I was really cheating behind her back because she's far away in a different county while there are rumors spreading of her boyfriend dating some other girl. 

I felt bad for ~you~.  Just from our conversation earlier, I could tell that she was scared.  I wanted her to feel safe when we first agreed to become a couple, but now she's being forced to think and feel differently. 

A sigh escaped my lips and I dried my face with a towel.  This isn't going to get any easier, is it?  I dragged my feet out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. 

Just as I walked into the room, Sungwoo came in from the hallway.  He greeted me as I continued my way over to my bed to lay down again.  I wasn't really in the mood to talk or do anything, but it was Sungwoo hyung. 

"Are you okay, Chanyeol?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied. 

He nodded his head.  "Don't listen to whatever they're saying.  Trust me, it's all stupid." 

"I know..." 

"What's wrong?" 

"It's... it's all just stressing both me and ~you~ out.  She's scared, and I'm stuck and confused on what to do." 

"Do what you want to do.  I'll have Gayeon talk to ~you~ and I'll go try talking to the roommates." 

"Okay...  Hey, um.... is this the secret that you guys were trying to keep from us?" 

"H-Huh?  What are you talking about?" 

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but one day I overheard you telling someone to not tell me and ~you~ about something." 

"O-Oh, well...  Okay, the thing is," Sungwoo took in a breath, "some of the other roommates... they want you to be together with Nana and not ~you~.  I- we felt bad that if you two found out that there would be problems within the Roommate family and we wanted you two to just be happy and not have to deal with this right now." 

Now I started to understand.  There was nothing that came to mind for me to say.  It was already frustrating enough, but adding how they didn't like how ~you~ and I were a couple and wanted to break us up just so that they could replace her with Nana. 

Soon Sungwoo left the room.  After he left I crawled back into bed and pulled my covers up to my chin and let myself get lost in my thoughts.  And I decided to just stay there for the rest of the day. 

A few hours later, Sungwoo hyung made me get out of bed and eat something.  I went downstairs with him and ate what he cooked for me, then went back upstairs to continue laying in my bed. 

I reached over for my phone and saw how many missed calls and texts I had been ignoring for most of the day.  All of them were from my members, mostly Baekhyun.  I quickly replied to them and took a nap. 

Gayeon's POV:

When I got home from practice, I went to put my stuff away then went to meet Sungwoo because he had called earlier telling me that he needed to talk to me when I got back. 

Sungwoo told me that he gave in and told Chanyeol about what the other roommates were doing to his and ~you~'s relationship.  Then he asked me to go talk to ~you~

After I ate lunch, I went up to my room and tried calling ~you~, but when she didn't answer any of the calls, I realized that she was probably sleeping since she was hours behind us.  So I waited. 

Dinner time came around and before we were going to eat, I went to call her hoping that she would answer now.  She answered right away with a sleepy voice. 

"Hey, ~you~," I greeted her. 

"Hi.  I just got up, so don't mind my raspy voice," she said with a small chuckle. 

"Oh, no it's fine." 

"Anyways, how have you been?" 

"Good.  I found out when my next match is.  I hope that you're back so that you can watch it." 

"I told Chanyeol that I'd be back soon, so I should be back in time to come watch you." 

"Cool.  I hope that you'll be able to come."  I smiled. 

"Of course!  I'll make sure of it." 

"Thanks." 

"No problem...  Anyways, why did you call?  Isn't it about dinner time over there?" 

"Yeah... well, I think it would've been better to talk to you instead." 

"Talk about what?" 

"I'm pretty sure you've seen the rumors about Chanyeol and Nana..." 

"What about it?" 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah...  I-I just don't know what to think." 

"You trust Chanyeol, right?" 

"Of course I do." 

"Then you shouldn't feel worried, scared, or confused.  You already know that Chanyeol will never leave your side no matter what." 

"I know, it's just-" 

"I promise you that things will be okay.  Please don't feel scared.  It's some of our roommates who are at fault right now for making you guys feel this way.  I'm sorry that you and Chanyeol have to go through this." 

"What do you mean it's some of our roommates' fault?" 

"I mean that they've had a plan for a while now to... break you and Chanyeol up." 

"Wh-why?" 

"Because Nana likes him.  And for some stupid reason they agreed to help Nana get to Chanyeol and kick you out of the picture." 

She sighed.  "So that's... that's how they feel?" 

"As much as I don't want to admit it, yes." 

"Oh..." 

"No matter what happens, ~you~, I, Sungwoo, Bom unnie, and Dongwook will stand beside you and Chanyeol." 

"Thank you, Gayeon-ah.  Thank you so much."  She started to sniffle telling me that she started crying. 

"Don't cry, okay?" 

"Okay, go eat now.  I won't hold you up any longer."  I could see her smiling then. 

"Bye." 

"Bye, bye." 

I hung up with her and went down to eat.  Finally I felt sure that no one could ever break Chanyeol and ~you~'s love for each other. 

 

 


Hia!  I know that this chapter was kind of boring and I personally didn't feel too satisfied with how I tried expressing their feelings... but I hope that you guys liked it anyways.  Leave comments below!  Thanks!

 

~Angelflyer