Chapter 60

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV:

After I came back from my schedule, which was at like 5 in the morning, I found Nana getting ready to leave.  I greeted her and she acknowledged me by nodding her head towards me, but didn't say anything as I passed by her. 

I went to sleep for about two hours before I was awaken by Soohyun.  She shook my shoulder until I opened my eyes and sat up.  "Yeah?" I asked. 

"Hurry and get ready so that we can go to the grocery store," she said and left. 

I stretched then went to get ready.  As I was washing up, I took a look at the time and realized how early it still was and how little sleep I had gotten. 

Today only Soohyun, Minwoo, Seho, and Kangjoon were home.  And I was actually hoping to stay home for the day, but I guess the roommates had other plans. 

They were all waiting downstairs for me when I was finished getting ready.  Then we all made our way to the garage and got into the car.  All of them climbed into the passenger seats, leaving the driver's seat for me. 

"H-Hey guys-" I stuttered. 

"Get in, hurry up," Minwoo said. 

I didn't complain or say anything after that and reluctantly got into the car.  I haven't driven since a long time.  Of course I drove to get my driver's license, but that's the last time I remember driving.  I've always disliked driving since my mom died and haven't wanted to drive a car since. 

Right when I put my hands on the steering wheel, I immediately started to shake.  "Hey, are you going to go?" one of them asked.  Their voice didn't even register in my head.  All I heard was them asking if I was going to press on the accelerator. 

I took in a deep breath and began to pull out of the garage.  Somehow I got as far as onto the street without breaking down on the inside, but I was still shaking.  I can't deny that I was afraid though.  Terror was still running through my whole body. 

As I drove along the street to the grocery story, I kept taking in deep breaths and trying to calm myself.  I tried to keep focus on the road at all times, making sure that I was in my own lane, keeping a good distance from other cars around me, and just being cautious at all times. 

Suddenly flashes of my mom being hit by the car showed up in front of me and I lost control of the wheel for a second.  Thank god we were already stopped and sitting at a red light.  I closed my eyes and held in my breath. 

Then a horn honked at me.  I got startled and stomped onto the acceleration peddle.  The roommates were gasping and yelling at me.  I don't blame them.  It was my fault afterall for driving like this. 

I was in a trance after that happened and didn't really focus as much as before, until I heard everyone start calling my name in panic.  When I came back to my senses, I immediately braked because we were heading right for another car. 

My heart was beating hard and quickly.  If I didn't stop then I could've become like the guy who killed my mom.  Just that thought made tears creep to the corners of my eyes. 

I had enough of it and pulled over to the side and got out of the car as quickly as I could.  I felt like I was suffocating sitting in that car, so I just had to get out. 

Eventually the other roommates got out of the car and came over to where I was, leaning against a small tree that was surrounded by a small patch of grass and pavement.  I breathed in and out hard and wiped away the tears that were forming in my eyes. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Kangjoon asked, worriedly. 

I sniffled and nodded my head.  The other roommates just stared at me.  I couldn't tell what they were thinking or feeling, but at the moment I was trying to sort out my mind and my own feelings. 

Kangjoon placed his hand on my shoulder.  "Should I go get you something to drink?" 

"No, I'm fine.  Thanks, though," I replied quietly. 

"Come on, we got to go," Seho said. 

"Actually, you guys go ahead.  I'm going to head to my brothers' apartment," I told them. 

"Do they live far from here?" Kangjoon asked. 

"No, it's just a few blocks down.  I'll be fine." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Kangjoon, she said she's fine.  Leave her alone," Minwoo said. 

"But-" Kangjoon tried saying. 

"No, Minwoo's right.  I'm okay.  I'll see you later." 

Before he said anything else I began to walk away already.  To be honest, it felt nice that someone else somewhat cared for me other than Sungwoo, Bom, Dongwook, and Gayeon. 

Soon enough I reached my brothers' apartment building.  I went in and right away went up and knocked on the door.  I knew that neither Kwan nor Hyunsu were home, but I hoped so badly that Jisoo was home today instead of at the company. 

To my luck he was.  He opened it after a minute and looked surprised to see me.  "H-hey," I said weakly. 

"What's wrong?" he asked.  He went from surprised to worried within seconds. 

"I drove today," I told him as I walked in and took off my shoes. 

"Really?"  I nodded.  We both sat down in the living room.  "And what happened?  Were you okay?" 

"I don't know.  I mean I'm still here, but I'm just- I can't..." 

He nodded his head.  "Don't worry, I get it."  I sighed and fell onto my side on the couch.  "Did you want some water?" 

"Please?" 

"I'll be right back, then." 

I heard him get up and walk to the kitchen.  Then right before I sat back up and reached out for the cup of water, my phone started ringing.  Jisoo set the cup onto the coffee table and went to his room to give me some privacy. 

The caller ID was Chanyeol's, so I answered it immediately. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked in a worried tone. 

"Yeah, I'm fine.  Why?" I replied, trying to sound like my usual self. 

"Kangjoon told me what happened, so you don't have to lie, love.  He said you went to your brother's place.  Are you there right now?" 

"Yeah..." 

"I'll swing by and pick you up.  Then we can go do something, alright?" 

"You're not busy?" 

"Nope, not tonight.  I'll be there soon." 

"Okay, oppa." 

"I love you." 

"I love you, too.  See you soon." 

"Bye." 

 

 


Hey guys!  I'm so sorry.  My updates are getting later and later.  It's all because of school... I was up til pretty late doing homework the other night, and yes... you can call me a "goodie-goodie" for doing my homework every night and trying to not have any late homework or detentions...  But anyways, I'm trying my best to update or at least write chapters for you guys.  Thank you guys for being patient, I really appreciate it :)  Thank you so much! 

 

~Angelflyer