Chapter 50

Falling in Love on a Show

Nana's POV:

As soon as I got off the plane, I saw Soohyun unnie waiting for me.  She wrapped her arms around me right away and lead me to the car.  And after we got in and started driving, she asked me about my trip. 

"So how was it?" she asked. 

"It was fun.  I said what you told me to say," I replied. 

"Oh, really?  That must've worked right?" 

"Yup." 

"And I saw some articles earlier." 

"Oh, that just happened.  I didn't see any paparazzi at all that night." 

"Well, that was a plus.  Now I'm pretty sure people are going to be questioning you guys.  What are you going to say?" 

"I guess I'll tell my company to say that yes we are dating..." 

"Great!  It's a good step." 

"Yeah, but what if he says no?" 

"Leave that to us.  We'll try and convince him." 

"Thanks."  I smiled to Soohyun and leaned back in the seat. 

When we got home to the Roommate house, I pulled my bag up to my room and put away my clothes before heading back down for an early dinner. 

A few days later Chanyeol came back from China for a week to relax.  I thought that things would be okay when I saw him, but it turned out to be quite awkward.  He seemed like he was trying to avoid me and tried distancing himself from me. 

A mix of emotions washed over me.  I felt bad for putting Chanyeol into this situation first of all, but I already told my company that we were dating.  I was happy at the same time because it felt like my dream was becoming reality, slightly.  Now that he was here, though, and avoiding me it was hard to stay happy and positive. 

Chanyeol's POV:

I sat down at the dinner table with the rest of my roommates as Sungwoo hyung was starting to place the dishes that he had cooked onto the table.  Then Nana came to sit next to me.  I had no reason to get up, but I did.  I announced that I needed to use the restroom and left the room. 

It's not that I don't like Nana, but I'd rather keep my distance.  I don't want people to misunderstand our relationship.  I only think of Nana as a friend, nothing more.  I just want people to see that and I hope that they can understand. 

After I left to the bathroom and splashed my face with water, I dried it and went back to the dining room.  The seat that I had left when I went to the bathroom was taken by Bom and I got to sit next to Gayeon.  Once dinner ended, I helped with the dishes and cleaned up the table. 

"It's nice that you're back, Chanyeol," Seho said. 

"Yeah, but I'll be gone for the next few weeks for our concerts until the MAMA awards," I said. 

"Oh, we'll miss you," Soohyun said. 

"Yeah, and Nana will miss you the most," Minwoo added. 

"Did you know that Nana missed you like crazy while you were gone?" Kangjoon asked. 

"Oh, really?" I asked.  They probably saw the 'dating schandel'...  But why are they telling me all this stuff, they already know that I'm with ~you~

"Yeah.  she said that she missed you constantly," Soohyun replied. 

"I won't be gone for too long." 

"Since you and Nana are dating, why don't you take her with you?" Soohyun suggested. 

"H-Huh?!?"  What are they talking about??  They already know I'm dating ~you~.  Why are they saying all this nonsense.  It's making me go crazy. 

"Just take Nana with you.  I heard that she'll be on break for a little while," Minwoo said. 

"What?" 

"Chanyeol-" Seho began. 

"I don't know what you guys are talking about," I said as I put the last plate away. 

"What do you mean?" Soohyun asked.  They all began approching me and saying all this stuff.  It was starting to give me a headache. 

"Stop it.  I don't know what you guys want me to do, but if it has to do with Nana, just stop."  I pushed passed them and began making my way towards the stairs.  But before I could, Kangjoon grabbed my arm, making me turn to face them. 

"Chanyeol, please give it some thought.  Nana really likes you," Kangjoon said. 

I shook my head.  "No, I'm sorry." 

Kangjoon didn't let go of me.  Then they began to keep talking to me and persuading me to like Nana or to take her with me.  I know my decision and it's to stay faithful to my sunshine, but with them throwing all this at me right after I get home is making my head hurt. 

As they kept talking, my phone started ringing.  I backed away from them and took it out of my pocket and tapped the green answer button before putting it up to my ear. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hi, oppa, are you home yet?" ~you~'s soft voice asked. 

"Yeah."  My headache was growing because I saw the looks on my roommates' faces and heard their whispers. 

"Hey, are you okay?" 

"I-I don't know, ~you~.  I don't know." 

"Chanyeol," she called.  Her voice just seemed to keep getting softer and softer until I couldn't hear and my vision blurred.  "Chaneyol?  Chanyeol-ah.  Chanyeol!" 

Author's POV:

A loud thud could be heard throughout the house.  And then footsteps from upstairs that belonged to Gayeon, Sungwoo, Bom, and Sora were heard running down the stairs.  When they got down to the living room, they found Chanyeol on the ground while the other roommates surrounded him. 

Sungwoo rushed over to his younger roommate and helped him sit up.  Chanyeol, still conscious, leaned against the wall.  His head was still dizzy and his vision still didn't want to cooperate, but after a second of resting he got back to his senses. 

All of the roommates were staring at him and asking if he was okay, but he reached out for his phone that was a few inches away.  He looked at it and saw that the call with his sunshine was still going on. 

"Hello?" he asked weakly. 

"Chanyeol?" ~you~ asked on the other end. 

"Yeah?" 

She let out a shakey breath.  "Are you okay?" 

Over where ~you~ was, it was morning and when Chanyeol had no longer answered her and she heard a thud she felt worried.  She was pacing around her room and on the verge of tears when there were gasps and people calling Chanyeol's name in panic and worry. 

"Yes, don't worry.  I'm fine," Chanyeol replied, his voice was still weak. 

~you~ sniffled.  "Ch-Chanyeol-ah..." 

"Don't cry, my love." 

"Chanyeol," she said as she wiped away the tears that had run down her cheeks.  "I'll come back soon, alright?" 

"Make sure that your dad is fine first." 

"He's getting better already.  I miss you so much, oppa." 

A small smile formed onto Chanyeol's face.  "I miss you too, sunshine.  And since you're dad is doing better, come quickly so I can hold you again." 

"Okay.  Okay, oppa."  She sniffled once again.  "Don't be sick and take care of yourself or else." 

"I will.  I have to go, I'll call you when I wake up.  I love you." 

"I love you too, oppa." 

"Bye." 

"Bye, bye." 

They both hung up at the same time.  ~you~ put her phone down and went to wash up while Chanyeol was helped up by Sungwoo.  All of the other roommates tried helping Chanyeol, but he pushed them away.  He only allowed Sungwoo to help him up to their room. 

 

 


Hello!  Did you guys like this chapter with all the drama?  Do you think that I might've made it seem too dramatic?  Do you think that Chanyeol's attitude in this chapter was alright?  Should he have acted differently?  Comment so that I know!! 

 

~Angelflyer