Chapter 40

Falling in Love on a Show

Your POV: 

When I arrived in Japan, our manager took us to the hotel right away because there were many fans waiting at the airport, but not as many as EXO gets.  As soon as I got into my shared room with Minji, I was tempted to call Chanyeol, but we had to leave to a schedule in five minutes.  So instead I decided to just text him quickly. 

I set my suitcase on my side of the room and got ready to go to our schedule.  We were shooting a commercial today and during our breaks, I would sit on the side and see what Chanyeol texted me back. 

The shoot soon ended and we left to the borrowed practice room we always use when we come to Japan and practiced our recent debut song.  After a good few hours of practice, we finally got to go back to the hotel.  Right away, I called Chanyeol to tell him goodnight. 

In the morning, my alarm clock woke both me and Minji up at exactly 7 o'clock.  I shut it off and went to the bathroom first and took care of what I needed to do before letting Minji take it.  Soon after Minji was done in the bathroom, our manager poked her head through asking if we were ready to go.  We nodded our heads and grabbed our bag or backpack and went down to get into the van. 

As we sat in the car, I announced that I wanted to take a hiatus starting at the beginning of next week.  They were all surprised that I brought it up and kept asking for an explanation, so I told them about my family and what was happening.  My members were understanding and agreed that I should take a break, but my manager was a bit shaky about it.  Eventually, after convincing her, she agreed but wouldn't let me leave suddenly, so I had to push back going to America until next month.  Then as we were practicing she called and notified the company. 

 

~A Month Later~

 

I said goodbye to my members and left to the airport.  And when I got back home, I went straight to the Roommate house to get some of my clothes and other stuff. 

It was in the middle of the day so I was expecting someone to be home, but I found no one.  I packed my bigger suitcase up and went to sit outside and relax since I'd be leaving to America tomorrow near noon. 

I guess I accidentally fell asleep because the next thing I knew I felt water hitting me.  At first I thought it was rain, but then I looked up and realized that it was Kangjoon spraying me with the hose.  He stopped when I sat up. 

"Ah, you're up," he said with a smile. 

"What are you doing?" I asked and saw how soaked I got. 

"I thought that you might've wanted a shower." 

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and stood up.  I went over to him and reached out for the hose, but he quickly hid it behind his back and held up his free hand just to shake his first finger at me.  "No, no, no.  It's mean to spray people."  I raised my eyebrows at him as he began to laugh.  Then I started chasing him around the backyard. 

Kangjoon got lucky because not even five minutes after chasing him Chanyeol came out to see what was going on.  He stared at us two who suddenly stopped when he made a sound by clearing his throat. 

"U-umm, am I interrupting?" he asked. 

"No," Kangjoon said first, "I was just about to leave.  See you guys later."  Then Kangjoon left inside. 

"Hi, oppa," I finally greeted. 

"Hey," Chanyeol said.  I could sense that there was something wrong and I knew why.  I felt kind of bad after he came out with a sad yet stern look on his face.  I didn't mean to get him upset.  "Come inside and dry up or you'll get sick."  At least he still cared although he was mad. 

"Oppa, tell me what's wrong first." 

"Nothing, there's nothing wrong."  He avoided eye contact with me. 

"There is something wrong.  I can tell because you never act like this.  This is the first time I've see you mad..." 

Chanyeol's POV:

When I got home to the Roommate house, I entered through the garage to the backyard because I heard some people back there.  When I walked in, I found Kangjoon running from ~you~.  They looked like they were having so much fun together. 

I cleared my throat getting both of their attention right away.  They snapped their heads towards me with smiles plastered onto their faces.  I felt a bit irritated seeing the two interact.  Actually I was a bit moody after practice already because I had gotten frustrated after not getting a dance step. 

After Kangjoon left the two of us is when I realized that ~you~ was all soaked.  Although I was a little bit pissed at her- and Kangjoon- for being together here, I couldn't help but worry that she would catch a cold because who knows how long they have been playing with water.  But then she kept asking me what was wrong. 

"~you~-ah... it's nothing.  Don't worry about it," I told her.  I began walking over to the backyard door thinking that she would follow. 

"I know that it's something," she said, still in the same spot where she had been all this time. 

"No, it's not!" I exclaimed in an annoyed voice.  After I said that I felt bad because I didn't mean for it to come out like that even though I didn't yell at her.  She suddenly looked so sad with a slightly shocked expression.  She's right, I've never been mad at her or around her.  All she's ever seen is me being my usual "happy virus", which I want her to see all the time.  Honestly I felt like I was going to be back into my happy self when I saw her because I knew that she would be home today, but when I saw her laughing and having a good time with Kangjoon, jealousy hit me. 

"Okay, fine," she said nonchalantly.  Then she moved and gently hit the side of my arm as she walked into the house and up into her room. 

Great, now I ruined a good night that would've been filled with cuddling and kisses.  I sighed and mentally cursed at myself for being so stupid and ridiculous.  This was all my fault.  Good job me, I sarcastically told myself. 

After I had put away my bag and put on some comfier clothes, I sat on my bed for a second to think.  I had calmed down a long time ago and was feeling more guilt than ever about the whole situation.  I wondered how stupid I had to be. 

Sungwoo entered our room as I was in deep thought and I didn't even notice him until he sat across from me and waved his hand infront of my face.  I quickly looked up at him.  "Yeah?" I asked. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"I-I guess..."  I looked back down into my lap. 

"Okay, tell me all about it." 

I looked up again and saw Sungwoo leaning back comfortably with a sincere face waiting for me to start telling my story.  I let out a small sigh and began telling him what happened earlier. 

"Well, why don't you apologize?" he asked. 

"I don't know...  I want to, but..." I trailed off. 

"Just do it.  It won't kill you to say sorry.  Plus, isn't she leaving tomorrow?  You don't want her to be gone for so long with a bad goodbye, do you?" 

"Yeah, you're right, hyung... but-" 

"No more 'but's.  I'll go tell everyone else to go down and begin dinner first while you two work things out." 

"Okay.  Thanks." 

"No problem." 

Sungwoo gave me a thumbs up before leaving the room.  Then I heard multiple footsteps going down the stairs until nothing could be heard anymore.  I breathed in and breathed out before getting up and gathering all my courage and walking over to ~you~'s room. 

Carefully I knocked on their door then turned the knob slightly and slowly pushed it open.  When the door was opened all the way, I found ~you~ sitting on her bed staring straight back at me. 

"H-Hi," I said and closed the door behind me. 

"Hey," she said and looked away from me. 

"U-umm... so when are you leaving tomorrow?" 

"Around noon."  She was answering me so simply and with no tone of any emotions showing. 

There was a slight pause before I gained my confidence.  "~you~, I'm sorry about earlier.  I shouldn't have over reacted and lashed out at you like that.  I shouldn't have let my bad mood affect you too.  I shouldn't have gotten mad at you for hanging out with Kangjoon instead of me on your last day here.  And I shouldn't have made you upset, it's all my fault.  I'm so sorry."  I looked down at my feet after saying it to avoid eye contact and waited for her reply. 

"I'm sorry, too."  Her small voice said.  "I should have noticed your bad mood and stopped pushing you to answer me earlier.  I felt bad when I saw your face when you walked in, but I was being selfish and wanted an answer.  So don't blame yourself, okay?" 

I looked up at her.  She had a small smile to reassure me that things were okay now.  I didn't even realize that I was walking towards her until I stopped right in front of her and bent down to hug her tightly. 

"You know, I was just about to get up and apologize to you too until you came here first," she said. 

I chuckled and let go of her before sitting down next to her, "I guess I'm too fast." 

"I love you." 

"I love you, too."  Then I kissed her, but we got interuppted by Nana, who came in to call us to come eat dinner. 

 

 


Hello everyone!  I am so sorry for the lack of updates... I feel as if I'm disappointing you guys with each and every later and later update.  So first of all, I apologize for the lateness of this chapter, but did you guys like the longer-ish chapter today or whenever you read this?  Anyways, I haven't been updating as often because I've been working on this different fanfic about Chanyeol with all of the other guys and their separate side love stories, plus some other stories that I have on draft as well, but yeah, that's all I've been doing...  I hope you go out and read them when I put them out!  And thank you guys for being so pacient with me!  I'm so thankful for all you readers who are still here reading even though I'm a slow updater!  Thank you again!  :D

 

~Angelflyer