The Last Day of Summer

In Love with a Con Artist

It was the last day of summer. Ever since your arrival in Korea, you had fun and exciting times, but it mostly came from your 'job'.

For the past month, you have been working hard to accumulate enough money for a year's tuition to a nice high school so you don't have to attend school with the delinquents of the city.

*My high school tuition is taken care of, but I still need money for college to achieve my dream.* You thought while staring outside your apartment window. *How long will I have to do this?*

You heard a knock on your door. You went to open it. "Hey Zic!" You gave him a hug. "Today is the last day of summer for me so I don't plan on working. What brings you here?"

"That's the reason why I'm here." You looked at him, confused. "It's your last day of summer, then its an entire year of torture with the piles of homework and studies. I want to take you out to have some fun."

You gave him a smile. "You're the best you know that?"

"I know. Just bring your swimming suit, a towel, sunscreen and your happy self."

You grabbed the things he just listed and you both hiked a taxi.

---------------

You both arrived at a five star grand hotel. Your jaw dropped as soon as you went in.

"Zic, how did you afford this?"

"I didn't. Block B had some connections so we are here for free."

"You guys are the best!!" You squealed.

"First we will go swim at the hotel's outdoor pool, then we can eat at their buffet. I know how much you like to eat. Then you can relax with a spa."

You went to change into your bikini with anoff the shoulder cover-up and shorts. You changed into your flip flops and skipped you way to the pool.

You had fun splashing Zico which earned a few dunks from him. You both raced each other. Losers had to get drinks. You won.

You got out the pool and dried yourself. You sat patiently while Zico went you buy you a tropical fruit punch coolata.

You put on your shades and laid down in the sun to relax. Then someone shadow blocked the sun's rays from penetrating your skin. *Who the hell is blocking my tanning time?*

You took off your shades and saw a tall handsome guy standing in front of you. "May I help you?" You asked slightly pissed off.

"You are in my seat."

"Excuse me? This seat does not have your name."

"I come here all the time. I sit at that same seat every time I come here."

*Sheesh! Fiesty. Making a big deal about a seat.* You spotted his wallet hanging vulnerable in his pocket. *You wanna have my seat huh? Well, you are gonna pay the price!*

You smirked at the guy. "Fine take your seat then, Jerk!" You purposely bumped into him, taking his wallet too.

You grabbed your belongings and moved away from him. Zico came back all perky with your drink. He noticed your pissed off expression and sudden shift in location.

"Why did you move here? What's with the angry expression?"

You rolled your eye. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay. Well, here's your drink." You sipped it and your mood went up. After another half hour of swimming, you called it quits. You and Zico headed off to eat at the hotel's buffet.

You and Zico had so much food, you both thought you guys won't need meals for an enitre year. "I'll be right back, Zic. I have to go to the bathroom."

At the bathroom, you bumped into a handsome guy. "Oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to." He smiled and held his hand out for you. "I should be apologizing." He lifted you up to standing position.

"Thanks." You said shyly and marched into the ladies room while he went into the men's room. *Such a gentleman, and cute too.* You felt your heart race a little.

You did your business and washed your hands. you felt something in your pocket. *Oh right. I stole that jerk's wallet for revenge. I wonder how much he has.*

You opened the wallet to see a fair amount of money. *Well, better than nothing.* You saw a wallet size family picture and an ID.

You looked at the ID 'Lee Ho Won'. You let out a small chuckle at the name. *No wonder he's so grumpy. His name is so weird. I bet he gets teased all the time.*

You tucked the wallet safely into your pocket. You left the ladies room and bumped into the gentleman again.

"What a coincidence. We both come out of the bathroom at the same time. We should buy a lottery ticket together." He flashed you a smile and showed off his cute dimples.

You blushed a bit and laughed at his joke. "I'm Kim Myungsoo, by the way, but friends call me L."

You were about to introduce yourself, but his cell phone rang. "Hello, I'll be out soon. Just hold up." He shut his phone and turned his attention towards you.

"It was nice meeting you. I hope we see each other again. I have to go now." He zipped away like a tiger. *B-but you didn't get my name.*

You arrived back at the table where Zico was patiently waiting for you. "Ready to pamper yourself?" You nodded your head.