Start of Seoul Tour

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

January 2nd, 2013

 

“Morning Nana-ssi, Gogi-ssi.” Mina announced the moment the two girls stepped into their van with Jiyong.

“Ah, good Morning Mina-unnie.” Gogi added chirper as Nana rolled her eyes.

“She’s not a morning person.” Gogi whispered over to Mina when she noticed Nana’s expression.
“This isn’t even morning, this is still like evening back home.” Nana explained plopping down in the backseat before adjusting her beanie.

“What makes it even worse is the temperature.” Nana whined pulling her scarf further up her neck.

“It’ll take you a while to get used to it then Nana-ssi.” Mina mentioned as Nana sighed annoyed before nodding.

“So how was your first night in Seoul?” Mina asked gesturing to Kyle once again who was set up with a camera, videotaping them.

“I totally forgot I was here till I woke up this morning.” Nana pointed out embarrassed.

“She even forgot you set up cameras.” Gogi whispered causing Mina’s eyes to shook open.

“No, it’s nothing like that. We were just talking and I happen to see them again. I’m glad I didn’t say anything horrible.” Nana whispered looking away.

“Nana-ssi.” Mina suddenly addressed as she looked over from behind her sunglasses.

“We understand that you are from Hawaii, is that right?” Mina asked as Nana nodded in agreement.

“Then how does this all differ to what you are used to in the islands?” Mina asked as nana looked out to the light snow that was still falling.

“Well for one, it never snowed.” Nana teased causing everyone to chuckle.

“Either than that, you don’t see too many tall buildings or vast lakes and rivers, like you would here.” Nana added.

“The islands are so small that you basically run into everyone that lives there at least once, or you’re related to them.” Nana teased while they nodded in understanding.

“When did you move to the mainland?” Mina then asked as Nana looked to Gogi in thought.

“Around the ending of middle school, maybe the middle, that’s where I met Gogi.” Nana explained as Mina nodded.

“Now Gogi-ssi.” Mina turned her attention to the younger girl.

“What was your first impression of Nana-ssi when you met her?” Mina smiled as Gogi chuckled and looked over.

“She was such a pain.” Gogi immediately answered quickly earning a pinch on the arm from Nana.

“No, I wasn’t.” Nana scolded as Gogi nodded in defeat, rubbing her arm.

“She was extremely quiet when I first met her. She wasn’t very sociable.” Gogi added as Mina nodded.

“I heard her singing by chance when I forgot something at school. It was late in the afternoon, no one was even at the school. But I heard a piano playing and someone singing. It was her.” Gogi explained as Mina nodded.

“Can you agree with your president when he says she has a very unique voice that will shake the foundation of Kpop?” Mina then asked causing Nana to snort and Gogi to chuckle.

“You’ll have to find out for yourself. I already fell in love with her voice the moment I heard it.” Gogi teased causing Nana to blush.

“What about Nana-ssi? What was your first impression of Gogi-ssi?” Mina asked as Nana sighed, rubbing her cheeks.

“She was quite annoying. She was always talking, always.” Nana pointed out, quickly dodging a playful slap from Gogi. Mina chuckled at the interaction.

“But when I saw her dance at the schools talent show, I was impressed.” Nana quickly recovered causing Gogi to smile.

“She may be annoying at times, but she’s like my little sister. She’s incredibly talented when it comes to dancing and rapping. I admire her commitment to it too.” Nana praised smiling at Gogi.

“Did you two grow closer during the training process in New York City?” Mina then asked as they both nodded at the same time.

“We had a lot of late night practices, I had trouble in Korean so she naturally helped me. I’ve never slept over someone’s house as much as I did hers, just because she lived closer to the studios.” Nana explained as Gogi nodded.

“How is Nana-ssi Korean now?” Mina asked interested over to Gogi.

“She’s still a bit rusty. She’ll talk and it’ll sound like she has a Busan accent when she’s not even from there.” Gogi teased as the car broke out laughing.
“No, I’m serious. It’s so bizarre. But I’m proud of her, she took learning a whole other language by the horns and succeeded.” Gogi explained smiling over to the older woman.

“Alright, we’re close to our location.” Jiyong suddenly announced as the girls eyes shot open before trying to frantically look out the window.

“But like I said, it’s a surprise. So if I may ask you both to shut your eyes till we park, I would appreciate it.” Jiyong added as the girls looked to each other confused.

“Um, alright.” Gogi gave in, elbowing Nana when she noticed she was still looking out the window.

“Fine.” Nana whined, putting her hands over her eyes before sighing.

“Must be huge if we have to cover our eyes.” Gogi mentioned as Nana laid her head back.

 

Five minutes later, they felt the van finally come to a halt causing them to flinch in surprise.

“Are we here?” Nana asked keeping her eyes covered, hearing the sound of the door open followed by feet.

“Jiyong-ssi?” Gogi called out before there was a hand on Nana’s.

“I’m going to leave you out, so please keep your eyes shut.” Jiyong’s voice explained as Nana hesitantly nodded before carefully climbing out with Jiyong’s help into the cold air. Soon enough Gogi followed.

“Alright, are you girls ready?” Mina’s voice asked as the pair nodded.

“You may open.” Jiyong explained as the girls didn’t waste time to open them and look up to the building they were now standing in front.

“Isn’t this?” Nana whispered in realization, feeling her stomach do a flip.

“Oh. My. God.” Gogi whispered with a hand over . Best surprise ever.