Just the Beginning

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

 

Untitled #161                                 Untitled #138

                           Ana's Outfit                                                                                         Min Hee's Outfit

“We are planning to make a statement on the dating rumors as soon as you two make your debut.” Youngjae explained to the pair that were still half-asleep at the 2am pick up time. Ana tiredly slipped her beanie over her head before cuddling further into her scarf. Min Hee on the other hand, nodding with a large yawn.

“A few of the other publicists suggested you stepping out now to make your statement, but President voted against it with your debut only a few weeks away.” Jiyong added, looking to Youngjae worried as he noticed the tired pair just absentmindedly nodding their heads before them.

“Are you two ready to go?” Youngjae then asked, standing from the couch along with Jiyong.

“We’re ready.” Min Hee yawned out, stuffing her hands in her pockets before standing with a stretch.

“As ready as we’ll ever be.” Ana added, forcefully stuffing her hair up into her beanie before there was a knock at the door. Immediately both girls plopped back down onto the couch, knowing that whoever it was, was here for their managers, not them. Or so they hoped.

 

“Oh my god, I feel like I’m going to collapse.” Ana whined quietly, rubbing her makeup-less face in annoyance.

“Hyori’s going to kill us.” Min Hee muttered back, lying her head back against the back of the couch.

Half-asleep, exhausted and just plain unresponsive to the world around them, when the sound of running footsteps entered their apartment, more than the pair that had gone to answer the door in the first place, nothing registered to them till familiar voices spoke.

“Damn. You two look horrible.” A voice spat surprised sending Ana’s eyes soaring open in immediately annoyance as Min Hee groaned irritated, rolling onto her side to face Ana, her face buried into the woman’s coat.

“Tell me I’m dreaming.” Min Hee muttered annoyed, pulling the beanie on her head tighter around her head. Ana looked first to the managers who immediately looked at her concern before turning to the reason of their annoyance. Siblings.

“I wish I could.” Ana sighed, rolling her head back once more. Maybe if she fell back asleep and woke up, they’d be gone.

“No, we’re not going anywhere so you can stop wishing for it.” Koa’s voice spat irritated, plopping down on the armchair beside the pair.

“Yeah, we’re not going to miss our baby sister’s debut music video.” Ji Hoon brushed the siblings off before trotting around the living room.

“President called this morning to inform us that the both of them would be riding over with us.” Jiyong hesitantly informed as the pair of girls groaned irritated, wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep and hope all of this was a dream.

“I think he’s doing it to irritate us.” Min Hee whispered as Ana sighed, pushing her anything but gently off of her before standing with a large stretch.

“Whatever, but one word from either of you and we’ll have security and maybe a few authorities deal with you.” Ana glared at the pair threateningly before yanking Min Hee off the couch.

“But we’re your brothers?” Koa spat back, figuring he had the upper hand as Ana chuckled amused, looking over her shoulder at him.

“They don’t know that.” She hissed before smirking and turning back.

“Dude, your sister is the definition of evil.” Ji Hoon whispered down to Koa who only sighed, putting a frustrated hand through his hair.

“I heard that!” Ana shouted from the entryway to their apartment startling the pair.

 

The girls, should have been excited about the next few days seeing that they were finally being put to work on their debut music video, but they couldn’t find the strength to do so. With everything that had transpired in the last few days leading up to today, it was exhausting just thinking about it. Ana’s identity luckily enough hadn’t reached the ears of those blood er reporters, Jaejoong’s company made a statement about the rumor, confessing that both persons involved were nothing more than friends and that the photo released was a mistake under the influence of alcohol. Surprisingly enough, even Hoya had contacted Min Hee on Dongwoo’s behalf, since the poor thing didn’t have Ana’s contact info. Unfortunately, Ana didn’t have the energy or patience to speak to anyone else on the matter and told Min Hee to tell Dongwoo that she was alright and still kicking, that there was no reason to worry about her. Only met him three times and already the dude thought he had some protective stance over her. As romantic and sweet as it could sound, Ana only found it strange to her.

 

With Min Hee, GD had been calling her non-stop after his sudden phone call. She never answered, instead inspected the dozens of voicemails and text messages he instead left for her. He had apologized for basically being a head and suggesting that what had been said about Ana was true. Min Hee wanted nothing more than to run him over with a car at that point, but what caught her off guard was the fact that he had also confessed he was a bit ticked off at the news, since he knew how much his hyung had cared about the younger woman. Dear god, how that irritated her even more. What an excuse to use, huh?

 

Now it was finally the day they had been looking forward to, the day they had been rehearsing for weeks, the day they had been dreaming of, and the pair wanted nothing more than to block it all out.

 

What made matters worse was when the pair emerged in the apartment building’s lobby area half past 2 am, not only a few of the EXO members and Super Junior members were being interviewed by none other than MTV-K themselves. Ana basically stumbled into the nearest wall outside the elevator shaft in annoyance. Would this wall just cave in a eat her? Min Hee on the other hand, made a bee line for the water fountain, maybe the contraption would jump out of the wall and swallow her whole? This was just too much for one day.

 

“Ah! Ana-ah! Min Hee-ah!” Luhan and Heechul called over the moment they had noticed the girls hiding themselves in the hallway. Ana groaned annoyed, pulling her beanie down further before turning to Koa who was looking at her in concern. For once, he was nervous for his sister. Something she had been dreaming of doing was about to happen and she looked like she was moments away from passing out.

“You alright?” Koa stepped over to his sister’s side, ignoring the nagging calls coming from the men waiting. Ana sighed, pulling her coat closer around her, zipping it up quickly.

“Do me a favor, don’t say anything unnecessary to these people, alright?” She looked up at him for confirmation as he looked to the obvious cameras now facing them then back down to his little sister.

“Why? Who are they?” Koa whispered confused as Ana sighed, nodding to Min Hee who was also informing her brother about the current situation.

“That’s MTV-K from New York. They followed us when we first came here in January. They’ve been interviewing us and following us for a documentary that President is planning on releasing after we debut. My guess is that President has asked them to video tape our filming.” She muttered under her breath, forcing a smile on her face as she waved over at Mina.

“I’m guessing you’re not totally okay with this group?” Koa whispered as she snorted, side eying him.

“An idol-to-be that hates to be interviewed, now that’s a first.” Koa teased openly, lightly elbowing her as she looked to him annoyed.

“Yeah well, I just don’t see a point to it all. It’ll take me some time to get used to it.” She whispered slightly annoyed before sighing loudly as Youngjae tapped her calmly on the shoulder.

“Is everything alright Ana-ssi?” He asked concerned as she looked up to him, nodding simply.

“Just explaining the specifics to him.” Ana explained as Youngjae nodded, nodding his head towards to Jiyong who approached with Min Hee beside him.

“It’s time to leave.” Jiyong mentioned as the girls nodded, following their prospective manager, their brothers close at their sides.
“We’ll see you guys there!” Donghae waved at the girls as they walked past them and out the front doors, the cameras running ahead to get better set up in the van.

“It’s nice to see you girls again. It’s been a while huh?” Mina teased as the girls finally were situated into the backseat of the van, the middle two seats currently occupied by Mina and her camera man. Min Hee smiled and nodded, holding the mic box between the two girls.

“So tell us, where are we heading this morning?” Mina asked with a smile as Ana pulled her eyes from the window at the question.

“We’re heading to location for our debut music video filming.” Ana answered with little to no enthusiasm while Min Hee glared quickly at her.

“You must be excited?” Mina offered, smiling at Ana’s same ole enthusiasm.

“Ah yes, we are. Really. It’s just a bit early, we haven’t had to get up this early before.” Min Hee excused as Mina laughed and nodded.

“Ah, I’m actually curious. You had two men with you in the lobby area earlier. I do not recognize them. One even looks foreign like yourself Ana-ssi. Care to tell us who they are?” Mina then asked, noticing the eye roll from Ana as Min Hee sighed, looking down irritated.
“Actually, they are our older brothers. They flew here about a week and a half ago to surprise us.” Min Hee explained, forcing a smile on her face as Mina nodded in realization.

“AH, that must have been some surprise.” Mina offered as Ana looked at her dumbfounded.

“The word surprise doesn’t cover it.” Ana honestly inputted as Min Hee surprisingly nodded in agreement to her comment.

“I’m sure fans are curious to your upcoming debut performance, music video and album, care to share anything with us?” Mina then looked up from her cue cards in interest.

“Well, we’re not really meant to share anything aside from the fact that, as we have mentioned before, we plan on taking a new approach to our debut.” Min Hee explained seriously as Mina nodded.

“We plan on making our mark on the K-pop scene in a different way.” Ana added as Mina smiled brightly over at them.

“Oh, I’m so excited for your debut.” She squealed slightly before going on with her questions.

“Oh, we’ve heard that your music video filming will also include a male lead, for the both of you. Could you please fill us in on that?” Mina then added as both girls looked to each other in thought.
“Actually, we don’t even know who they are.” Min Hee added, a bit dumbfounded herself as Ana nodded to Mina’s surprised expression.

“Nothing?” She asked shocked as Ana shocked.

“We went through the music video filming with our managers and publicists, but they mentioned that our male counterparts hadn’t been signed yet.” Ana explained, the questions nagging at the back of her head since they had asked the question.

“Well, this will be interesting.” Mina added with a teasing smile.

 

 

About 20 minutes later, both, the girls van and the extra car behind them filled with their siblings, pulled up to a gated off warehouse just on the edge of Seoul. Jiyong, who had been driving the girls, rolled down the window to show his identification to the security guard who had been keeping watch. After explaining both the van and the car behind, the guard nodded, stepping back into his hut to unlock the gate that soon, slowly began to roll open. Both cars immediately darted into the packed parking lot before pulling up to the only door visible, just at the side of the building. Jiyong parked the van, turning it off before hoping out as Mina and her camera man filed out of the van and into the slightly chilly morning air. Youngjae quickly met up with them, Koa and Ji Hoon close behind as both girls carefully climbed out of the van, pulling their various outfits closer to them, hoping to converse what warmth they could. Both girls momentarily noticed the cameras that were still filming them, then their brothers who unusually stood silently to the side, watching, nothing to say. It was quite weird.

“This way girls.” Jiyong immediately took the initiative and escorted the girls towards the side door, pulling them into the surprising warmth of the building.

“Wow.” One of the brother’s whispered in surprise as they finally stepped foot into the large interior of the warehouse.

 

Both Koa and Ji Hoon’s eyes widened upon seeing what was inside the building. Sure, it looked huge from outside, but inside was a different story. It was huge! Three separate sets were currently set up, one next to each other, all different yet corresponding to another.

 

With crews still hard at work on each set, the girls were immediately taken to their changing tent that was set up in the far corner of the building where the bathrooms were also located. Both girls ducked into the opening of the tent before seeing Hyori and Dee Dee patiently waiting along with a  handful of SM employees that were no doubt, called to help.

“Girls!” Hyori called with a large smile before it quickly disappeared.

“Ya!” Hyori then shouted in annoyance, gesturing to the two of them wildly with her makeup brush, anger present in her eyes. Ana sighed, immediately knowing why she was already tossing her cookies so early in the morning, on the other hand, Min Hee ignored her protest and instead approached Dee Dee for a much needed hug.

“What did I tell you guys last night?!” Hyori screeched loudly, glaring back and forth between both girls.

“You told us to sleep.” Min Hee answered simply, smiling at Dee Dee who only shook her head amused at both girls’ antics so early in the morning. Hyori sighed, dropping into the makeup chair, labeled with Ana’s name, her face in her hands.

“You girls are going to kill me.” Hyori muttered exhausted into her hands, rubbing her temples.

 

This was just the beginning.