Ghost Of A Mistake

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

Nana basically took off at high speed once she cleared the stairs that led to the roof, hoping to not run into anyone on the way down. Seemed like karma decided to bite her twice as hard tonight as she ended up running into someone.

“Oof!” The voice gasped in surprised, barely reaching out to catch before she plummeted to the ground behind her out of breath.

Nana-ah. Are you alright?” GD held her shoulders looking at her paling face worried. She just swallowed heavily before pulling away from him nicely, not wanting to answer, she simply bowed and took off running again.

“Nana!” He shouted after her disappearing figure, she never turning to his voice.

“What the hell did I do?” She whispered to herself as she took the stairs and ran down the 4 flights to the lobby area. Wanting to break the doors to the elevator open as they took their sweet time opening for her. Once it opened, she barged through, and through the open lobby door to see Youngjae already climbing out of the passenger seat to the company van.

Are you alright Nana-ssi?” Youngjae asked worried as she ignored him and climbed into the back seat of the van, furthest from them out of breath.

I’m fine, just drive.” She answered back to her snippy attitude as Youngjae and Jiyong looked to each other confused before continuing on her way.

 

The drive was quiet and eventless as they arrived outside the girls apartment building. Nana didn’t even wait for Youngjae to climb out and help her before she was out in the cold wind, shutting the door.

Thank you for the drive.” She bowed her head before quickly turning away.

Nana-ssi!” Jiyong’s voice called as she froze in her spot, never turning around.

We’ll be back at 4:30 to pick you both up. Remember no makeup or hair products.” Jiyong explained as she nodded before walking off in haste.

 

She rode the elevator up to their floor, the door coming to a stop as she climbed off, sighing, putting her hand through her hair annoyed. Unlocking the apartment door she was suddenly met with a pair of eager eyes, sending Nana flinching in surprise.

“Geez.” Nana hissed in annoyance when she realized it was Gogi eagerly waiting for her.

“Geez, you look like you just saw a ghost.” Gogi mentioned as Nana sighed, shutting the door before taking off her shoes.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in bed? It’s past your bedtime.” Nana explained annoyed pushing past her friend and into the apartment, straight to her room without a second look around. Gogi followed closely behind, even when Nana tried to shut the door on her friend.

“Can I help you? I just want to go to sleep, I’m exhausted.” Nana whined throwing her still clothed body onto her waiting bed.

“So did anything eventful happen tonight?” Gogi asked nosey as she took a seat on the edge of Nana’s bed. Nana sighed loudly into her comforter before turning her head to glare at her friend.

“No.” She answered in monotone as Gogi turned to look at her, anything but convinced.

“Uh-huh and being at a party with TOP meant nothing?” She asked as Nana shook her head, no emotion on her face.

“Come on Ana, I’ve known you forever. I know that emotionless look on your face says the opposite.” Gogi pointed out turning to her friend as Nana went and buried her face into the comforter. Who was she kidding? This was Min Hee, she knew her like the back of her hand. One of the only people that did too.

“Nothing happened.” Nana spoke into the comforter as Gogi sighed, patting her friends thigh comfortingly.

“GD’s worried about you.” Gogi spoke as Nana stiffened under Gogi’s touch.

“He said you looked pale and terrified when you left.” Gogi mentioned as Nana looked to her, her eyes reading every emotion that was running through her. This had to be the first time she ever cried in front of Gogi to the point that Gogi actually gasped when she saw the tears now spilling from her friends eyes.

“Ana.” Gogi whispered worried, crawling across the bed to her friend.

“What happened?” Gogi was now panicking, there had to be a very deep reason for her to cry. Nana didn’t even make a sound as she just laid there, tears slowly flowing from her eyes onto her pillow. Gogi sighed when she got no answer and lay down, facing her friend.

“Nana, what happened?” Gogi asked worried this time as Nana shut her eyes tightly, the tears continuing to flow.

“Can I just lay here and die?” Nana whispered, her voice shaking as Gogi sighed, leaning closer to hold her friends hand.

“What happened?” Gogi whispered again as Nana sighed, looking to her friends worried expression.

“I did it.” Nana whispered as Gogi laid there staring at her friend, trying to figure out the cryptic knowledge behind her friends words.

“Did what?” Gogi asked as Nana sighed, sniffling finally before swallowing.

“I had some wine and did exactly what you said I would do.” Nana whispered causing Gogi’s eyes to shoot open as she quickly sat up on her elbow to stare at her friend wide eyed.

“No.” Gogi spoke in disbelief while Nana rolled to lay on her back, staring at the ceiling, her hands laying on her stomach.

“We were just talking in this gazebo place, we had wine, we talked and one thing led to another.” Nana whispered in thought, shutting her eyes to fight the nagging feeling as her phone began buzzing. She lifted her off the bed, feeling her phone vibrating under her. She looked at it before turning away in horror. Gogi took the phone from her hand instantly before seeing that it was TOP calling.

“I can’t go near him again.” Nana whispered as Gogi sighed, answering the phone.

Hello?” Gogi asked as Nana looked over terrified to see her friend had answered it.

Ah, Gogi-ssi?” TOP asked in a shaky tone as Nana pulled her eyes from her friend, standing up and walking over to her computer to busy herself. She wanted nothing to do with that phone call.

Ah hi.” Gogi chuckled nervously as she watched Nana put her earphones on, music blaring to block out the phone conversation happening behind her.

Um, I know it’s sort of late. Actually really late. Anyways, is Nana-ah around? I need to talk to her, it’s really important.” He ended in a beg catching Gogi’s attention as she stared at the back of her friend.

I’m sorry TOP-ssi, she’s asleep. She came home and immediately fell asleep. She left her phone in her purse at the front door so I answered it.” Gogi lied as TOP sighed on the phone.

Ah, alright. I guess that’s understandable. Is she alright?” He asked worried as Gogi glared at her friend. What in her right mind would make her think turning this man down would be a logical choice? Of course the group was on a strict contract for NO DATING, but seriously, this was pushing it. Gogi could understand a part of Nana though. She had wanted this contract more than anything before they came. She had mentioned the hardships and stress she would put herself through just to make sure she would accomplish her dreams. Gogi sighed silently this time to look to the photo of Nana’s brother on her nightstand.

She is fine TOP-ssi. Did something happen tonight?” Gogi lied as TOP went silent.

No, no, no, nothing happened. I just wanted to make sure she got home alright.” He lied through his teeth.

Ah. Well thank you for checking in on her. She doesn’t realize how lucky she is to have someone like you calling to check on her.” She tried to lighten up the mood that seemed to be growing thicker and thicker as the moments rolled on. He just chuckled dryly before stopping almost immediately.

It’s no problem.” He whispered as she nodded.

Did you want me to tell her you called?” She then asked unsure.

Um yeah sure, if you don’t mind.” He added sounding less than confident.

I will.” They hung up soon enough as Gogi continued to stare at her friend still sitting in her computer seat, unconscious to the world around her.

“Ana.” Gogi called seriously as her friend continued to listen to her music.

“Ana!” Gogi shouted as her friend ignored her call. Gogi hissed in annoyance, picking up the nearest pillow before chucking it across the room at the back of her friends head. Nana sat up startled before glaring over at her friend as she pulled her earphones off.

“What the hell was that for?!” Nana snapped as Gogi sighed, tossing her phone to her unexpected friend.

“The dude likes you.” Gogi informed as Nana set her a less than impressed expression.
“Is that supposed to make me feel better?” Nana asked annoyed as Gogi sighed.

“Ana, I know why you are doing this, I know why you are avoiding him. But that doesn’t make it right.” Gogi scolded, honestly she didn’t agree with what was going on with her friend. The way Nana approached the problem wasn’t right. TOP was a nice guy and deserved to be treated as such.

“I know why you were crying and why you are avoiding him. But TOP’s a nice guy, he doesn’t deserve the cold shoulder.” Gogi added upset as Nana sighed looking to her phone.

“Min Hee, I just had with the guy, and I can’t even have a serious relationship with him. What do you want me to do?” Nana snapped back as Gogi looked away annoyed, trying to collect her emotions.

“He doesn’t deserve you just ditching him. Did you even explain to him why you can’t?” Min Hee threw her hands up in the air frustrated with her friend.

“Of course I told him!” Nana shouted shooting out of her seat as Gogi scoffed in disbelief.

“What did you tell him?” Gogi asked interested, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I told him I’m not allowed to date, that I was sorry and that I should have told him before.” Nana explained as Gogi snorted before climbing off the bed.

“Typical. Ana, have you noticed when things like this happen, you always cut your words short of the truth?” Gogi asked with venom dripping from each word. Nana continued to glare at the younger woman.

“Get out of my room.” Nana hissed, eyes lightening in anger.

“Whatever.” Gogi called back irritated as she quickly walked out of the room, slamming the door in the process. If her friend wanted to ruin something great then fine. It was none of her business. She knew they both couldn’t have a relationship, well not the relationship they were looking for, but still, she could still be the dudes friend till the band on their dating was lifted. Gogi plopped down face first on her bed. Now wasn’t the time to think of such trivial things. They had to be up in 3 hours for their first photo shoot.

 

Nana sighed, glaring at the door that just slammed shut, her seemingly best friend on the other side. Her friend was right, who was she kidding, she liked this guy, no doubt about it. But what could she do about it? Nothing, absolutely nothing. That’s how they would stay, bed buddies. Nothing more, nothing less. She sighed, gripping her phone tightly in her hand before tossing it across the room annoyed. She should have never gone to that party tonight, it was a mistake in the making.