Unexpected Events Unravel

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

Nana marched all the way home, her breath blowing in clouds in front of her. The moment their apartment door came into view, she froze, seeing someone standing across the hall, his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at it. She sighed, she wasn’t sure who it was seeing that they were wearing a hat and mask hiding half of his face. Looking to the side annoyed, she continued on her way down the hallway before almost sighing in relief at who it was. Not someone she was expecting to see.

Nana-ah.” He turned her quickly, his smile faltering as he noticed her expression.

Is everything alright?” He asked worried, forcing a few bags out of her hand and into his.

I’ve had a long day.” She explained pulling the keys out of her back pocket to unlock the door. She pushed the door open, walking in as the automatic lights , the red lights on the camera’s blinking to life as she sighed. She placed the bags on the ground near the hallway before walking to each one, shutting them off. She just wanted some time to herself tonight, not having to worry about the stupid show broadcasting everything. She sighed, pulling her scarf and coat off before tossing them onto the coffee table, herself dropping to the couch in a heap.

You wanna talk about?” His voice suddenly asked as her eyes opened to see him sitting on the recliner, his obvious worried expression directed at her.

Luhan-ah.” She called as he nodded in acknowledgement.

Am I a horrible person?” She asked unsure, her hands slowly weaving to rest under her head.

No, why would you ask that?” He tilted his head in wonder as she sighed.

There is this person, someone I won’t name cause every time I say his name I just want to punch the living daylight out of his face.” She muttered the last part clenching her fists in front of her face causing Luhan to smirk.

Anyways, since the first time I met the dude, he treats me as if I’m some sort of dirty rug. Always stepping on me, treating me like crap, criticizing me when others praise me. Honestly, it’s getting to the point that him just looking at me is going to spark flames.” She explained as he sighed, pulling off his coat before walking over to sit on the ground in front of the couch, now eye level with her.

Nana-ah. You are an amazing person. Amazingly talented, you have a special personality about yourself, though fiery at times, you are a good person.” He praised, reaching out to hold her hand in his. She gently smiled before sighing. Why was it that such a person as innocent as Luhan was the only person to break through her hard exterior?

Thanks.” She thanked him with a soft smile as he nodded, watching her intently.

By the way, you said you had a surprise for me? That’s actually why I came over. I was too excited to wait any longer.” He explained causing her to chuckle as she sat up, stretching her legs.

I totally forgot I hadn’t shown you yet.” She smiled as he looked at her expectantly from the floor.
Show me what?” He asked confused as she reached up and finally pulled the beanie from her head, her blue locks falling around her in streams.

Omo!” Luhan’s eyes shot open in surprise as she chuckled.

New debut look that I’m slowly starting to like.” She admitted as he continued to stare at her.

So?” She asked for his opinion as he blinked a few more times before smiling.
It’s a good color on you.” He praised causing her to chuckle and stand to walk into the kitchen.

So did you eat yet?” She asked opening the fridge for something to eat. Thanks to Jonghyun’s little episode, she was still hungry.
No not yet.” He answered walking into the kitchen to sit at the island counter.

I can make some ramen, want some?” She asked interested over her shoulder as he nodded in interest.

Plus I have a few bottles of Soju I’m dying to open.” She added walking over to turn on the stove as Luhan chuckled, shaking his head.

Oh! Kai-ah just texted me.” Luhan suddenly spoke as she turned from the boiling water to him.

What does he want?” She hissed annoyed at yet another dongsaeng that never knew when to leave her alone. Luhan chuckled before standing up with his phone still in hand.

He said that him, Sehunnie, Tao-ah and Lay-ah are home alone and bored. They wanted to know if it was alright to come over.” Luhan explained as she stared at him emotionless.

Why that freeloading little snot.” She seethed, clenching the fork in her hand as Luhan chuckled. Seriously, Nana and Kai’s relationship was a hilarious episode to everyone that saw it. They were seriously siblings in a previous life. She sighed, looking at the pot of water boiling in front of her.
Tell him they can come if they bring side dishes.” She spat over her shoulder as he laughed, calling Kai’s phone instead of texting.

Jong in-ah.” Luhan spoke into the phone, smiling at Nana as he walked back over to his seat.

Nana-ah is here alone. Gogi-ah is out.” Luhan spoke as he nodded a bit.

She said it was fine but only if you bring side dishes.” Luhan chuckled as he made the offer.

Ramen.” Luhan added looking down to the rings on his fingers.

Just order something.” Luhan whined before hanging up.
They’re going to order something and have it delivered here.” Luhan announced as Nana nodded, finally adding the ramen to the perfectly boiling water.

Bunch of freeloaders better not come over empty handed.” She hissed as he chuckled, closely watching her before another phone began ringing.

Nana-ah, your phone.” He spoke as she sighed, looking to the various spices she was adding then to her phone ringing on the coffee table.
Ah, can you get that?” She asked as he nodded, quickly walking over to it.

Who is it?” She asked quickly as he walked over with the screen out for her to see.

“Oh!” She spoke surprised, passing the fork to him before grabbing the phone.
“Hello?” She asked unsure.

“Ah, Nana. It’s Hyori.” The voice on the phone introduced.

“Ah yes, I have you on caller ID.” Nana explained as Hyori chuckled.

“Ah I see. Am I calling at a bad time?” Hyori asked unsure as she shook her head.

“No, we have a free day. Gogi is out with some friends. I just got in. What’s up?” Nana asked gesturing for Luhan to stir as he nodded and did just so.

“Actually, I wanted to know if you had any free time right now?” Hyori asked hesitantly.

“Why? Are you alright?” Nana asked worried.

“I’m fine, I just wanted to talk to you about something, something important to me.” Hyori was unsure how to explain her dilemma over the phone.
“Um sure, if you want, you can come over right now.” Nana explained turning to see Luhan’s confused expression.

“Is it really alright? I mean, I can wait to see you tomorrow if that’s alright?” Hyori answered hesitantly.

“No, it’s alright Hyori. Come over.” Nana smiled.

“Alright, I’ll be right there.”

 

Who was that?” Luhan asked as she resumed her position behind the stove.

That was our stylist. She’s coming over for a bit.” Nana explained reaching over for some spices at the other end of the stove.

Is everything alright?” Luhan asked worried as Nana nodded.

She just wanted to talk, I don’t know, maybe about tomorrow.” Nana turned off the stove, walking over to a far cabinet to pull out some bowls when the doorbell rang.

Can you get that? I’m sure it’s for you.” Nana explained as Luhan chuckled and nodded. Climbing off the stool he walked over to the entryway, the entryway light immediately turning on he made his entrance. He pushed a few shoes to the side before opening the door to see his 4 members standing on the other side.

Luhan Hyung!” Sehun whined as they all stepped in, Luhan holding the door open for them to enter.

Noona!” Kai called into the apartment, smirking when he heard her clearly growling.

Noona!” Sehun joined in on the teasing as Nana turned to look over her shoulder to the smiling members that had entered.

I’m forewarning you two.” Nana threatened a knife sitting in her hand as Kai and Sehun stepped closer to each other in mock fear.

Hyung, she has a knife.” Sehun teased, whacking his hand playfully in the air as Nana hissed.

From my perspective, EXO can go without two members.” Nana twirled the knife in her hand, the blade now facing up as the two boys swallowed.

Nana-ah! I’m sorry.” Kai immediately began to beg as she smirked over to Tao and Lay who were quietly watching from behind.

Lay-ssi, Tao-ssi, you both make yourself at home in the living room.” She politely gestured as the two quiet members bowed their head in thanks before departing into the living room. Luhan chuckled, wrapping one arm around both young members before sighing.

One of these days, you’ll learn to not piss of Nana-ah.” Luhan chuckled amused before pushing past them into the kitchen.
You two, cut.” Nana commanded holding a pair of knives out for the boys to take. They walk over hesitantly taking the knives as she pointed to the two cutting boards on the counter.

Tomato. Lettuce.” She instructed as the boys got to work cutting their respective items, hesitantly side eying the woman that had a knife of her own, cutting up a few carrots.

 

 

 

“You think Nana-ah is ok?” Onew asked softly as both himself, Taemin and Gogi sat alone at the lunch table, Key and Jonghyun still not returning. Gogi just sighed before shrugging.

“She’s been talking about him lately. She’s tired of the way he treats her, and after everything I saw today, I don’t blame her.” Gogi defended as Taemin nodded in agreement. Soon enough Jonghyun and Key had returned to the table, Key looked pissed, Jonghyun held an emotionless expression on his face.

“I’m going home. Gogi-ah, have Onew hyung walk you home.” Key mentioned never looking up to anyone as he walked away, bags in hand. Jonghyun just sighed, taking a seat with his head hanging back.
“What did you do now?” Onew asked over, a glint in his eyes. Jonghyun put one arm over his eyes before sighing again.

“He hates me. She hates me. What’s new?” Jonghyun explained as he looked up to them emotionless.

“Nana-ah doesn’t hate you.” Gogi offered as Jonghyun scoffed.

“I’m serious.” Gogi added with a serious tone to her voice catching Jonghyun’s attention.

“You have to know Unnie by now. She’s not the type to willingly bend over and allow someone that she had admired at one point in time, to treat her like dirt. She’s worked too hard to get where she is today. She gave up a lot to be here with me, that’s why no matter what, I will defend her till I can’t.” Gogi explained seriously, never taking her eyes off of Jonghyun’s speechless ones.

“I think I need to head out. I have to stop by the mart on my way back.” Gogi muttered, standing up and began cleaning her area.

“Allow me to go with you.” Onew announced as he stood up and began collecting his things.

“Onew-ssi, it’s alright. I can manage alone.” She answered as he stopped to glare up at her.

“Even if you tell me not to come, I’m coming.” Onew brushed off her offer causing her to blush.

“Tae, take Jonghyun-ah home. Make sure he stays out of trouble.” Onew commanded as he took off to catch up with Gogi.

 

Noo-I-I mean, Hoku-ah!!! This is soooooo good.” Kai praised looking up from his bowl of Ramen to see Nana glaring over him, her chopsticks clenched in her fists.
Why aren’t you guys doing any schedules today? I thought the almighty EXO would be busy from the moon and beyond.” Nana teased as she took a sip of the water bottle sitting next to her.

We had a photo shoot yesterday and recording this morning. We sort of ran away to rest today.” Tao explained as Nana snorted, shaking her head with a small laugh emitted from her.

Wow, you guys aren’t as innocent as fans think.” She chuckled as Luhan sighed.

Hey! I had a free day today. Don’t group me together with these delinquents.” Luhan whined pointing at the 3 that seemed to be laughing their asses off on the ground.

You guys are horrible.” Nana mentioned as the doorbell interrupted them.

Oh! Maybe that’s the side dishes.” Sehun was the first to stand up, holding his hand out to collect the shared fee from the boys.

 

Sehun counted the money sitting in his hand as he walked towards the door. Unlocking it and pulling it open, he continued to count it, never looking up.
How much do we owe you?” He asked, never getting an answer he looked up before gaping in embarrassment. Sehun couldn't help as his eyes traveled down the length of the woman now standing nervously in front of him. He opened his mouth to say something and found that even words couldn't help him now. 

Untitled #34

“O-oh, umm, hi.” Sehun blushed, scratching the back of his head in shame. Hyori stood there, fidgeting with her fingers as she looked away, biting her lip.

Hi. Ss-orry, I think I got the wrong apartment.” Hyori quickly bowed, about to turn on her heels to practically run till she fell of the edge of the earth till a voice spoke up.

Hyori-ah!” A voice called as she froze, her eyes wide as she turned to see Nana standing behind Sehun with a hesitant face.

“Geez, don’t stand there, come in.” Nana reached out and grabbed her, pulling her into the apartment as she stumbled past Sehun who just stood there confused.

Nana-ah, if you had company today, you should have said so.” Hyori now mentioned in a small voice as Nana pulled her into the living room.

“I wasn’t planning on it, it just sort of happened. Sorry.” Nana apologized as Hyori’s eyes widened to see who else was present.

Omo. Hyori-ssi!” Lay called, waving kindly as Hyori bowed her head embarrassed.
You guys know each other already?” Nana asked confused as Hyori chuckled uncomfortable, seeing Sehun dodge around the pair of girls still standing before taking a seat on the other side of the room.

President had me working on EXO for a bit when I first entered SM.” Hyori explained as Nana nodded in understanding. Nana looked from the boys sitting on the ground still chatting amongst themselves and then turned to look at Hyori’s hesitant expression. Something was definitely wrong.

Hey guys, Hyori needed to show me some things for tomorrow’s shooting. Don’t eat all the food.” Nana warned, grabbing Hyori’s unexpected arm to pull her down the hallway.

Nana-ah! We need more food!” Kai shouted, stifling a laugh as Nana froze in the middle of the hallway huffing.

“Hold on a minute.” Nana mentioned to Hyori with a fake smile before turning to march back into the living room. Before Kai even knew what was happening, Nana had ripped him off their couch and onto the floor, face first. She recoiling her leg and began to kick him repeatedly in the sending the ground into a fit of laughter while Kai yelled in pain.

Ya! Ya! Ya!” Kai shouted as Nana stopped, now panting as she stepped away.

Next time, I’ll aim a bit more south.” She warned, her eyes now flashing down to his crotch. Kai involuntarily winced, shutting his legs as his hands leg the space between.

 

Nana finally assembled with Hyori in the hallway, pulling the still quiet girl into her bedroom before shutting the door.
“You can sit wherever.” Nana welcomed as Hyori nodded hesitantly before taking a seat on the edge of Nana’s made bed. Nana sighed, walking over to her computer chair. Nana straddled the chair so she could lean forward against the backrest and turned to look at Hyori.

“So, what’s up?” Nana asked trying to sound friendly as Hyori bit her lip.

“I like Sehun.” She bluntly mentioned as Nana’s eyes widened, couldn’t help that she actually fell of the chair in surprise. This was the least of what she was expecting.