SHINee 'Dazzling Girl' Music Video Filming: Part 2

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

 

The shot of Ana at the mirror filmed faster than expected. The director invited Ana over to the screens to rewatch the scene they had just filmed. Ana took a seat, taking the offered water bottle from Youngjae, slowly sipping from the straw poking out of the bottle while Hyori placed a few napkins between her wig and her forehead. She even had to go as far as adding a few napkins to the back of her neck as not to ruin the outfit.

“Perfect!” The director praised causing Ana to smile and bow her head, thanking the elder man.

“We’ll get you changed into the next outfit then.” He ushered her out of her seat as she nodded, allowing Youngjae and Hyori to her towards the changing tent. Without even realizing it, her eyes began to wander the group of people present at the filming, before landing on the 5 guys in question. They had all changed and were now styled to perfection. And if fate was waiting for the perfect opportunity to test her patience, their eyes met. She involuntarily took a large intake of breath before immediately choking back on that same air. Jonghyun who stood on the opposite end of the studio couldn’t fight back the smile and chuckle as he watched her react to his stare.

“In due time.” He whispered more to himself before heading to the set where the director was calling for them.

 

Youngjae carefully pat Ana on the back while Hyori fanned her, escorting her quickly into the tent.

“Oh my god Ana! Are you ok?!” Hyori all but yelled worried as the soon-to-be idols face began to turn blue. Once she caught her breath, she stumbled to the nearest chair and nodded, patting her chest that suddenly felt 100 lbs heavier.

“Are you alright Ana-ssi?” Youngjae knelt in front of her with her water bottle held out. She immediately yanked the bottle from his hand, probably a bit too viciously before sipping it desperately.

“Yeah.” She answered before coughing a few more times.

“Went down the wrong tube.” She lied through her teeth, gasping for air as Youngjae warily looked at her, hesitantly nodding before standing. Hyori pulled a bag from the rack before hanging it in the changing stall, turning to the look at the woman quietly sitting on the couch. Something was obviously wrong for Ana’s personality to take a 360 flip in a matter of days.

“Ana, we have to get you into the next outfit.” Hyori spoke, watching in surprise as Ana flinched in surprise. Ana stood up, quickly composing herself before walking into the changing stall, already in the process of ing her pants. Hyori quietly stood there, helping Ana out of the current costume, folding them before ping the next bag, waiting for the random outburst that usually came from Ana at these times. It was quiet as she pulled the red dress out of the bag, and turned, ping it, holding it out for Ana. Hyori looked at the frozen idol, seeming to be having a conflict with herself as she stood there in a strapless bra and matching underwear.

“Ana.” Hyori quietly spoke, seeing that she still wasn’t moving. Hyori sighed, placing the dress over the back of the chair before turning to the woman who still hadn’t move.

“Ana!” She called louder this time, shaking her shoulders as Ana looked up equally surprised.

“Huh….uh…yes, what is it?” Her harden demeanor quickly jumped started as Hyori stepped back, looking her up and down worried.

“What’s going on with you? You’re not acting like yourself today. Did something happen?” Hyori asked in a hushed tone as Ana looked at her like she had grown another head.

“W-What? No. I’m fine. Absolutey dandy, why?” Ana turned to her reflection, playing with the wig atop her head.
“Well for one, you basically had a coughing fit out in the hallway, out of nowhere might I add.” Hyori gestured as Ana continued to quietly stare at herself.

“And it seems like every 10 seconds your shooting out in space, I can’t even get through to you most of the time. It’s like you clocked out. Are you feeling alright?” Hyori stepped up, placing the back of her hand on the woman’s forehead. Ana growled, pushing the woman’s hand away before sighing.

“I’m fine alright. I’m just exhausted and stressed. Our brothers have been a pain in the since they arrived, on top of worrying about that, we have our debut music video coming up, it’s just a lot to take in at once.” Ana grumbled before dropping onto the chair holding her dress in a huff.

 

Ana didn’t know what was going on with her. She had been confessed to many times, and every time it either pissed her off or made her laugh so hard, she’d be moments from pissing herself. But this time. It was different. She wanted to be mad, mad at the fact that this could all be a joke by that good for nothing prick. She wanted to hit him and yell at him, threaten him to stop playing with her and leave her alone, but. She couldn’t. For some reason, she couldn’t bring herself to yell at him and it infuriated her to no end.

 

She wanted to talk to someone about it, get a 2nd parties option, maybe she was really losing her mind being here. But who would she ask? Min Hee. Pffft. Yeah, that’ll be the day. That woman wouldn’t let her live that event down any time soon, she’d never hear the ending of that particular bantering. Hyori? Uhhhhh. She’d be the same way. She’d say something along the lines of having a crush…….

 

Wait? No. Impossible. There is no way in hell she’d be crushing on him, right? Nope. Not ever going to happen. She’d sworn off guys the moment she signed that contract, like selling her soul to the devil, she was bound for life. She sighed, stepping into the open dress Hyori was holding out for her. There was no way in hell she had a ‘thing’ for him. That’s unheard of. Jonghyun. The lead vocalist of SHINee. Brilliant smile. Beautiful eyes. Washboard….. Woah! Don’t you dare think about things like that! This isn’t happening.

“Ana?” A voice pulled her from her thoughts as Hyori looked to her, painted worry across her face.

“You’re doing it again.” Hyori mentioned as Ana bit her tongue, forcing back the bile that was threatening to erupt out of her any second now before finally letting a loud sigh erupt from between her lips, her hand falling to hang in front of her. Hyori quickly pulled the zipper up the side of the dress before gesturing for Ana to take a seat.

“Ana-ssi!” A voice called startling the pair as Hyori sighed, quietly telling Ana to wait before she stepped out.

“Hyori-ssi, the crew is waiting for Ana-ssi. Is she ready?” Youngjae asked as Hyori smiled and nodded.
“Can you ask for 5 more minutes?” Hyori asked with a forced smile as Youngjae blinked confused.

“Why? Is she alright?” Youngjae asked as Hyori stepped up with a gesture to tell him to be quiet, looking over her shoulder to the changing stall.

“Something’s bothering Ana, I just want a moment to talk to her, maybe get it off her chest. Haven’t you noticed your idol acting differently today?” Hyori scolded him quietly, slapping him lightly on his chest, startling him.

“Um ok, what should I tell them?” Youngjae asked unsure as Hyori shrugged, turning to walk away.
“Bathroom break, along those lines.” Hyori mentioned over her shoulder as he slowly nodded, slowly comprehending what he was about to do before doing just that.

 

Dazzling Girl #2

 

 

Hyori immediately ducked into the changing stall to see Ana slipping into the awaiting heels before brushing past Hyori into the main changing room to put on the needed jewelry.

“Ana.” Hyori called firmly as said woman looked at her through the mirror while slipping the double star bobby pin set out for this particular outfit.

“Tell me, what’s bugging you? Please. I want to help you.” Hyori practically begged as Ana sighed, placing her palms on the counter, looking down to her painted fingernails.
“Can……can we talk about this later?” Ana whispered, her voice scaring her as she blinked in surprise. Was she insecure?

“Later? After the filming?” Hyori asked unsure as Ana stood and nodded, grabbing the pair of diamond earrings, making her way to the exit all awhile slipping them on.

“Dinner?” Ana stopped at the exit to the room, never looking over her shoulder at the awaiting woman.
“Alright.” Hyori agreed before Ana stepped out and made her way towards the set, where it had changed drastically.

 

Her first scene was with Minho, which she inwardly cheered about. She was seated into a chair in front of a vanity. Minho had changed from his street clothes into something more fitting for the concept and stood behind Ana, listening to the director explain what he wanted the pair to do.

“So just basically, acting like I’m her hair stylist?” Minho chuckled, reaching down to pull her hair over her shoulder.

“Basically.” The director nodded and chuckled as Ana rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, just don’t get too extreme, its not real.” Ana warned causing Minho to chuckle, playfully massaging her shoulders.

“As for you Nana-ssi, just smiling at the mirror, while Minho-ssi does his thing.” The director brushed off as the both nodded and waited for the call.

“You ok?” Minho asked, gripping her shoulders lightly to get her attention. Ana looked up at him through the mirror, to see him looking down at her with slight concern across his features. She just sent him a small smile and nodded.

“Doing great.” She added with sarcasm causing him to smile.

“So when’s the big day?” Minho asked, breaking the awkward silence as Ana looked up confused.

“What day?” Ana asked as Minho snorted, flicking the back of her head sending her yelping in surprise.

“Your debut music video doofus.” He hissed at her teasingly causing her to growl.

“Next week. You coming?” She asked amused as snorted this time.

“Yeah, wouldn’t miss it.” He answered as they finally began filming.

 

Ana didn’t know what it was about Minho that drew her to him, but she enjoyed his company. When they could, Ana, Gogi, Minho and Hyori would go running every once in the while along the Han River. It was actually enjoyable to say the least. Even sometimes when Ana would get her work out on in the SM Gym, Minho would either already be there or show up not long after like he knew she was there. She didn’t hold any ill feelings for the man but she also didn’t hold any strong feelings for him, either than a guy she could call a friend.

 

Once her scene with Minho was finished, they moved on to a scene with Taemin. Nothing in the set really changed aside from the vanity being pulled back a bit and Ana now just randomly sitting in a chair, alone in the middle of the set. Taemin strolled on with a makeup set in hand and crouched before her with a teasing smile.

“Please don’t tell me you are actually going to be doing my makeup.” Ana spat as the younger man chuckled, waving the lip gloss pen in front of her face causing her to flinch in surprise. The director chuckled at the interaction before patting Ana on the shoulder.

“We’re just going to have Taemin-ssi apply a bit of lip gloss, that’s all.” The director promised as Ana visibly relaxed and nodded.

We’ll do a close up of Taemin-ssi approaching you and then a few more of him actually applying it on you.” The director added, gesturing to the exact spots the camera would be coming from. The pair nodded as he walked off set to speak with a few of his crew about the next scene. Ana sighed, pulling the dress over her visible leg now showing through the large slit before crossing her legs, holding it closed.

“So…..how’s it going so far?” He asked as she looked down to where he was crouched, smirking a bit.

“You can stand you know. I think the director is busy at the moment.” She mentioned, looking over her shoulder to see the director walking into the back of the room. Taemin smiled and stood from the ground, bravely scooting his backside onto the arm rest of her chair. Ana yelped in surprise as she felt something caress her arm before snorting when she noticed what it was.

When I said ‘you can stand’, I meant it. I said nothing about sitting.” She spat as he chuckled, looking down to her now.

“So how’s preparations for debut going noona?” He asked down with a bright smile causing her to growl.
“I hate that word and you know it.” She turned away with visible steam coming from her ears sending him smiling.

Sorry Ana-ah.” He pouted teasingly before turning to look over to his group of friends chatting away with the others.

 

Her scene with Minho, Taemin, Key and lastly Onew. But finally it was the scene that she was secretly dreading. Ana stood stiffly in front of Hyori who carefully reapplied a bit of makeup that had to be wiped off thanks to Taemin’s over exaggerated use of lip gloss. But the lost look in Ana’s eyes did not go unnoticed by the woman standing before. Sighing as she slipped the brush back into her holster, she looked left and right to see that every was busy before turning back to the idol.
“Ana.” Hyori spoke seriously, watching as the woman’s brown eyes blinked back into focus.
“Hm?” Ana asked, finally connecting eyes with the makeup artist.

“Why not get it off your chest? It obvious seems like something important to be bothering you this much.” Hyori offered, pulling out a makeup cloth to wipe a bit of the eyeliner smeared on her temple. Ana had to blink a few times, wanting to lie to the woman about being ok, but who was she kidding? She had been spacing out all day. Even she wanted to slap herself for even considering lying out her when she knew, practically everyone must have noticed her strange behavior. Sighing in defeat, she contemplated the pros and cons of telling Hyori now, instead of their scheduled dinner later that evening. Once she figured, there was no pros or cons to saying anything, she rubbed her forehead viciously before turning to see the director still on set, discussing the next scene.

“Come with me.” Ana offered, turning on her heels, the ends of her dress in her clutch as she began to maneuver between everyone.

 

On the opposite side of the room, the girl’s behavior did not go unnoticed by a certain 5.

“I wonder what’s up?” Minho whispered to no one in particular.

“Yeah, noona’s been acting weird all day.” Taemin pouted slightly causing Key to nod.

“I wonder if something happened between her and Min Hee.” Key offered, rubbing the back of his neck in thought.

 

Onew on the other hand, turned a questionable gaze onto Jonghyun who stood just beside him, his eyes locked on said woman.

 

He knew why she was acting that way.