Arriving in Seoul, Korea

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

“Nana. Nana.” A voice interrupted one of her best sleeping adventures of all. She groaned, swatting at whatever object was touching her.

“5 more minutes.” She muttered under breathe before turning her back to her.

 

Gogi on the other hand was finding it hard not to break out laughing at the scene in front of her. Even Jiyong along with the cameramen and Mina were biting her tongues.

“Make sure you videotape this or she’ll never believe me.” Gogi whispered before poking at Nana’s cheek again.

“That or Nana-ssi may hurt you.’ Jiyong mentioned as Gogi shrugged uncaring before going back to her torture session.

“Oh let me try something, but make sure you get it, I’ll guarantee it’ll be a hoot.” Gogi mentioned unbuckling her seatbelt finally, standing. They had landed in Korea about 5 minutes ago, everyone in the business class of the plane had already been unloaded along with most of the coach passengers. Gogi got situated on the aisle side of Nana, smirking over to the camera’s that were professionally waiting for whatever plan she had up her sleeve.

“Nana! TOP’S HERE!” Gogi suddenly shouted in a shrill voice before quickly stepping back as Nana shot out of her seat, quickly trying to compose herself all a while quickly fixing her hair.

“Where?! Where?!” She frantically asked before Gogi dropped to the ground laughing as she held her stomach. Nana’s eyes darted around the empty business area and then to the cameramen videotaping her along with her manager, who looked like he was turning colors from biting his lip, damn it. Nana hissed when she finally realized what had happened and turned to where Gogi was laughing.

“Get this on camera, we’re about to lose a member.” Nana growled charging at Gogi before Jiyong quickly grabbed the pissed woman before she could do any damage.

“It was just a joke, calm down Nana-ssi.” Jiyong mentioned carefully putting a seemingly calm woman down as she fixed her outfit.

“Yah unnie, it was just for fun. I’ve been trying to wake you up for the last 5 minutes, you weren’t moving.” Gogi whined running over and yanking on Nana’s arm like a little child.

“Let’s just hurry up and get out of here before I do something.” She hissed yanking her arm out of Gogi’s before walking to the middle of the plane where the door was.

“See, Nana-ssi is upset.” Jiyong mentioned to Gogi who sighed.

“Don’t worry, it won’t last long once we get out of the plane.” Gogi chuckled running with the rest of the group after Nana.

 

Nana walked up the ramp towards the terminal area with her bag up on her shoulder. She sighed annoyed, pulling her beanie off before putting a frustrated hand through her slightly tousled hair.

“Nana! Wait up!” Gogi’s voice rang behind her only making her walk even faster before she came to a halt in the doorway leading to the airport. Only in that moment it had hit her that both she and Gogi were finally here, in Korea. Her heart thump loudly in her ears while her eyes scanned the area she had only seen in dramas Gogi forced her to watch.

“Hellloooooo.” A voice rang causing Nana to blink and notice the hand waving in front of her face.

“Did it finally hit you Nana-ssi?” Mina asked now in Korean surprising Nana who simply nodded.

“How are you feeling right now?” Mina asked as the camera’s stepped out in front of the pair getting waiting passenger eyes.

“It’s a bit surreal.” Nana admitted quietly still looking around.

“I only came here ever once, back when we had to visit for a funeral or something. It was so long ago that I don’t even remember.” Gogi teased as Jiyong stepped up next to them.

“We have a van waiting for everyone downstairs.” Jiyong announced as the pair nodded finally walking out in the open as everyone, and we mean, everyone, just stared both in confusion and awe.

“If we’re supposed to be a secret, then what will happen when people begin to notice the camera’s around us? I’m sure they will get suspicious.” Nana asked over to Jiyong who turned his attention from his phone to her.

“It’s alright. President hasn’t even made the announcement that you both have made the journey here. If anything they may thing you are American Celebrities, they are just wondering who.” Jiyong explained as the pair nodded before turning to their small tour.

 

They made it to the baggage claim area of the airport.

“We’ll get set up in the cars outside and meet you there.” Mina explained as the pair nodded before continuing to point out their luggage to Jiyong who in turn carried them onto the 2 carts in front of them.

“Wouldn’t it be easier to have 2 managers?” Gogi asked interested causing Jiyong to chuckle before wiping his forehead on the sleeve of his jacket.

“Don’t worry, that’s the plan. You’ll receive your publicists, you’re stylists, make up workers and another manager.” Jiyong explained as their eyes lit up in excitement. The girls kindly helped Jiyong roll the two heavy carts out the doors into the winter air.

“Holy crap.” Nana immediately hissed in surprise by the sudden rush of cold air that hit her. She let go of the cart long enough to pull her scarf up her face then took hold of the cart.

“Geez, Korea really does have harsh winters.” Gogi muttered over as Jiyong chuckled and nodded.

“Here we are.” He announced pointing to what seemed to be a brand new black van where Mina climbed out of the back smiling. An older man pulled himself out of the drivers seat before walking around to meet them.

“Ah. Nana-ssi, Gogi-ssi, this is Mr. Kyung Lee, he’ll be our driver from now on.” Jiyong introduced as the pair looked over before bowing to the man who already has bowed his head.

“It’s so nice to meet you two, finally.” He added causing the girls to smile.

“Enough of that, hurry, hurry girls, I don’t need you getting sick the moment we get here.” Jiyong ushered the girls forcefully into the van.

“If it’s alright, can I have you girls in the back seat together?” Mina asked as they nodded and stood before walking into the back. That’s when they noticed the few camera’s set up around the van pointing directly into the backseat while Kyle was set up in the passenger seat already filming them. Mina stepped in before shutting the door and taking a seat on one of the free ones.

“Would it be alright to interview you now?” Mina asked loosening her scarf from around her neck along with the two girls. They nodded.

“Alright, how are you feeling, finally being here?” Mina asked opening her I Pad in her lap.

“You want us to answer in English or Korean?” Nana quickly interrupted as Mina turned her attention towards her.

“Whatever is easier for you, but keep in thought, you will be answering many folks in Korean from now on. Best to get used to it.” Mina pointed out as the pair nodded.

“Um, well it’s amazing. I have that butterfly feeling in my stomach.” Gogi chuckled embarrassed as she patted her stomach causing everyone to laugh.

“What about you Nana-ssi?” Mina asked as Nana smiled.

“For one, I didn’t even know you could speak Korean.” Nana pointed out as Mina chuckled with her I Pad up covering .

“Well I would need to in order to host MTV-K, right?” She asked as Nana nodded in understanding before looking out the window.

“I’m actually tired, must be the time difference.” Nana answered the question while Mina nodded looking down to her watch.

 “What are you two most excited about?” Mina then asked they looked to each as Gogi gestured for Nana to go.

“Um, I honestly want nothing more than to get to work on our album and rehearsals.” Nana added honestly where Gogi nodded in agreement.

“On top of what Nana Unnie said, I’m excited to meet those I admire.” Gogi spoke embarrassed.

“Nana-ssi, I have a question for you.” Mina added as Nana quickly looked over before smiling.

“Alright.” She answered as Mina smiled.

“From what we saw earlier, we are guessing you admire TOP-ssi from Big Bang, am I right?” She asked causing a ferocious blush to cross Nana’s cheeks.

“Um.” She whispered embarrassed, unsure as how to answer the question.

“She admires him very much. Ever since the moment I introduced Big Bang to her.” Gogi quickly answered in her stead as Nana just dumbly nodded. Mina smiled.

“Well it’s not like I can blame you Nana-ssi, TOP-ssi is very talented.” Mina admitted.

Soon enough Jiyong climbed into the open seat across from Mina and quickly shut the door.

“Where is the other cameraman?” Gogi asked as Jiyong looked over his shoulder towards them.

“We have another car behind us.” He explained as they nodded just as Mr. Kyung Lee climbed into the driver seat.

“We all here?” He asked back as the girls chuckled.

“We are.” Jiyong answered as he nodded and began to slowly pull away from the curb.

“Wow.” Was the first thing Nana said as they finally cleared the airport, able to see Seoul’s night life in the distance.

“This will be your new home starting tonight.” Jiyong added also looking out the window.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Kyung Lee asked from the driver seat.

“Very.” Nana shouted back smiling, quickly taking her phone out to snap a few photos.

“To SM Dorms Kyung Lee-ssi.” Jiyong spoke as the older man nodded in understanding, quickly changing lanes.

“We’ll pause interviews for now, I need to speak to the girls about a few things.” Jiyong whispered over as Mina nodded and switched off the cameras along with Kyle.

“Nana-ssi, Gogi-ssi.” Jiyong interrupted their short tour, turning his body half way towards them.

“Now that you are here, there is a few things I need to run by you.” He explained as the girls nodded, listening in seriously. He pulled out  his personal I Pad before sliding a few pages.

“There a few regulations that have been put on you until you debut.” He announced as they nodded hesitantly.

“One, President asks that if you have any personal social network accounts, that you terminate them immediately.” He informed as the girls eyes shot open.

“Our social networks?” Gogi asked as Jiyong nodded.

“Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, anything, he asks that you terminate them.” He explained as Nana quickly sat up.

“How are we supposed to communicate with our family, friends?” Nana asked confused as he looked at them understandingly.

“You will be allowed to communicate with whoever you like through your personal phones, but to keep this group a secret along with your identities, just as those that have debuted before you, it is part of the regulations. After you have debuted, you may ask for permission in launching official social networks for yourself to communicate with fans.” He explained as the pair looked to each other before hesitantly nodding.

“Two, until you debut, you are not allowed to mention to anyone outside of SM who you are.” He spoke seriously causing the pair to nod in understanding.

“If you are scouted for CF’s, MV’s, or Photo-shoots, I will handle it.” He added as they nodded again.

“Three, President has planned to put you both on a dating ban.” He spoke as their eyes shot open.

“Wait, wait, wait, I don’t mean to sound rude but we won’t be allowed to date?!” Nana spat slightly irritated and surprised causing Jiyong to nod.

“How long will that be?” Gogi asked hesitantly as Jiyong turned his attention back towards her.

“My guess is till you debut, but that is not known until you meet with President.” He answered.

“Why would he do that though?” Nana asked looking to Gogi who shrugged.

“President mentioned that he wants you two to keep your minds and energy in this group for debut. He’s put a lot of time and hope into you two to change the Kpop World. Or so he said. He just wants you two to focus on this and nothing more.” Jiyong explained as the pair hung their heads, unable to answer. This was the life they had signed up for.