VLOG #1

Living Miracles, Achieving Dreams

“Imma shower!” Gogi shouted into Nana’s room, who was still trying to organize her things.

“I’ll go after you!” Nana shouted going back to hanging her dozens of clothes into the various closet spaces. She pulled open a box of personal stuff, first being a photo of her and her older brother Koa, or what she called him was ‘Bubba’, his nickname since they were kids. She sat on the edge of her bed, staring at the photo of the two of them from her graduation night. She knew her parents would be upset along with her brother for doing what she did. But this is what she wanted in life. If it meant going against her parents’ wishes then she would do it. She stood up, walking over to where her new computer was sitting and placed the frame photo next to it.
“Sorry bubba, this is for the best.” She whispered walking away back to the box. She took out all of her singing trophies she had acquired during the years, organizing them on the shelves before stepping back to look at her work.

“Perfect.” She whispered adding various things around her room from home before finally plopping down on her back.

“All finished.” She whispered looking to the ceiling, before sighing loudly. She tilted her head to the computer screens wallpaper, her eyes immediately darting over to the hand held video camera sitting next to the keys.

“Oh yah.” She whispered in realization, pulling her legs off the bed before walking over to grab it. She sat down on the computer chair behind her before looking to the camera.

“Alright, how do you work this?” She whispered to herself, pressing a few buttons, she soon figured it out. Turning the screen to see herself, she fixed her hair a bit before nodding.

“Alright.” She whispered, pressing the small red button to record. The record sign in the corner of the screen lit up causing her to smile.

“Hey guys! Nana here!” She introduced waving awkwardly.

“I apologize if this vlog may come across as awkward. I’m really trying not to but this is the first time I’m doing something like this, alone.” She mentioned chuckling a bit.

“I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be speaking in English or Korean, but since our manager asked us to continue to practice, I guess I’ll speak in Korean, they can translate it later.” She spoke to herself, quickly looking to the open door then back to the camera.

“Alright, well first things first.” She immediately shot off her seat before panning around to show her room.

“Awesome right?” She asked amused.

“We finally moved into our dorms today, this is my room.” She introduced, showing all corners of it before walking over to her closets.

“This is the best part, the closet space is incredible.” She mentioned opening to show the large space inside.
“That’s about it, the rest of the dorm doesn’t even look like a dorm, more like an expensive apartment.” She muttered lying out on her stomach on the bed.

“We just landed an hour or two ago and came straight here from the airport. So I haven’t done much than unpacking my things.” Nana explained showing the empty boxes on the ground near the door.

“I didn’t have much to bring because my parents didn’t know I was coming, so I had to sneak away.” She admitted nervously before sighing.

“Well I don’t know what else to say or show you tonight. It’s about midnight, we’re supposed to be ready by 8am, we’re doing a tour of Korea. So I guess until next time, I’m out.” She exited, shutting the camera before rolling onto her back.

“Who we’re you talking to?” A voice startled her as her head whipped over to the open door where Gogi was dressed in her pj’s drying her hair with a towel.

“Geez, don’t do that. Knock or something first.” Nana whined before sitting up.

“I was doing that vlog thing. It’s so weird.” Nana answered grabbing the camera on her bed.

“Fun huh?” Gogi teased causing Nana to roll her eyes.

“No.” She answered bluntly as Gogi snorted.

“Anyways, the shower free now.” Gogi announced walking into her room while Nana grabbed a pair of clothes and took her turn in the shower.

“Vlog huh?” Gogi whispered shutting her room door before walking over to the camera still sitting on her bed. Sitting Indian style, she hung the damp towel over her head before flipping the screen towards herself.

“First vlog and I have to go bare face, nice.” She muttered annoyed before finally turning it on.

“Yellow~ Gogi here!” She introduced cheerfully smiling.

“I just got out of the shower, hence the towel.” She added blowing a stray hair out of her face.

“Well I’m sure Nana unnie showed you all her room, so look at mine. Isn’t it just amazing?!” Gogi asked panning the camera around the room.

“It’s like I’m living in some expensive hotel.” She teased turning the camera back to her.

“Anyways, we landed a few hours ago, came straight here from the airport, unpacked, took a shower, and here I am.” She explained before lying back with the camera hovering above her.

“We’re supposed to get up early in the morning, but I’m too excited about tomorrow to go to sleep. Manager Jiyong said he would be giving us a tour of Korea, he even said he had a surprise for us.” She mentioned in thought before sighing loudly.

“I wonder what it is.” She pouted looking to the camera.

“I can’t believe my first vlog to you guys will be with me bare face. That’s unbelievable. Nana-unnie had her makeup still on.” Gogi whined before sighing annoyed.

“Nana unnie.” She muttered before smiling and turning to the camera.

“I’ve known her for about 8 years now. There isn’t one thing I don’t know about her.” She whispered before her eyes shot open in realization, quickly turning to the camera with a devilish smile.

“Let me tell you all some things about Nana unnie that she’ll never say out loud.” She snickered before holding the camera closer.

“First thing is, she trained so hard to learn Korean. I’m so proud of her, but still there are times when she talks that it sounds so adorable like she adds an accent to it.” Gogi chuckled.

“You’ll see it soon enough. Just don’t , she’s very sensitive about it.” Gogi whispered smiling.

“Oh, she’s a HUGE TOP fan. I’m telling you. She won’t admit it, but she admires that dude to the ends of the earth. What shocks me is TOP-ssi isn’t even a vocalist.” She muttered before looking around in wonder.

“Oh, you guys need to hear her sing. When I first heard her sing, she blew my mind. It was like there was so much talent and potential shoved into this tiny body. She’s incredible.” Gogi admitted smiling.

“Oh! She’s done showering. Well I see you guys next time. Bye!” She blew a kiss, shutting her camera before crawling under the covers. Tomorrow would hold surprised none of them were prepared for.