Acceptance

No way, Right?

It was around the afternoon that the dance club left. The children were devastated for not having more time to play and so were the members. During the trip back to Seoul, Taemin has been pouting and was clearly showing his dissatisfaction. During the trip back to Seoul, Kai fell asleep on Moonhye's shoulder again. During the trip back to Seoul, Yunho and Moonhye had been taking glances at each other.

Back at the hospital, when Yunho just found out that Moonhye had asthma and a bad one at that, he had this thought that has been lingering in his mind the whole time.

Throw Moonhye out of the dance club. 

That idea... He didn't want it, he would never imagine wanting to throw Moonhye out of the dance club. He would never imagine wanting to throw anyone out the dance club. That club, he has been building it for the past years and he's not going let it fall apart. All the people in the dance club doesn't just have talent in dance, they have passion and that's why he wants all of the members to stay in the club until they graduate. 

Moonhye was one of the people Yunho saw that has passion for dance. He saw her passion when she performed and that passion grew even more throughout the past months. Moonhye was incredibly talented in dance and Yunho would never want to throw her out of the club. But. He has to.

He knows how bad asthma can get from past experiences and he will not let Moonhye end up like them. But, he wants Moonhye to be happy. And to make her happy, she needs to dance. Yunho's mind is so messed up. So very, very messed up. 

Yunho took a glance at Moonhye from his seat and saw her frown. He can see that Moonhye is thinking about it too. Moonhye might be childish but she knows what's right and wrong and she knows what makes her happy. Yunho sighed and faced back at the front. For now, he will trust Moonhye. He will accept her decision, but if something goes wrong, he will have no choice but force Moonhye out of the club.

 

Kai stretched when he felt the bus had stopped. He saw the school out the window and turned around finding Moonhye who seemed like she was in deep thought. He poked her cheeks lightly and it seemed like she woke up to reality.

"Moonhye. You okay?" Kai asked as he examined Moonhye's face which had a frown on it.

Moonhye blinked and turned her head to Kai. She gave a small smile, "Yeah. Just a bit tired I guess."

Kai raised one of his eyebrows. That was new. Moonhye never smiled like that before, not that he remembers it anyway. "Well... Let's go then."

Moonhye and Kai got off the bus and made their way back home before waving goodbye to everyone.

 

"Moonhye!" Mrs. Lee beamed when she saw her daughter at the door and she hugged her immediately.

"Umma. Can't. Breathe." Moonhye managed to say and let out the trapped carbon dioxide out.

"Sorry hunny. Oh Kai, you're there! All of us are having dinner at our house by the way okay? I already told you're parents so get ready for tonight." Mrs. Lee smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Lee. I can't wait to taste your amazing cooking." Kai smiled back before bowing to Mrs. Lee goodbye.

"They're having dinner here?" Moonhye asked as she relaxed herself on the sofa.

"Yup! Oh! I better start cooking!" Mrs. Lee jumped and hurried herself in the kitchen.

Moonhye went upstairs along with her luggage and slumped down on her bed, sighing while looking at the plain ceiling. What now? She's afraid that Yunho will kick her out the club. She's afraid of Kai knowing her asthma. She's afraid of what's going to happen next. 

She really did think she could handle it; dancing while having asthma. She's seen people running when they have asthma so how come she can't dance when she has asthma too? It wasn't fair that only some people can enjoy what they're doing when they have an obstacle that they can't get past.

Moonhye could handle quitting dance before the end of the year but her liking Kai changed absolutely everything. When she came to Kai's house at New Year's Eve, she completely forgot everything. She forgot about her asthma, she forgot about the obstacle through her happiness. All she thought about is what made her happy and Kai helped her with that. The fact that no one knew about her asthma except her and Doctor Jung helped a lot to forget about her asthma. No one knew and she was perfectly fine with that. But fate had to remind her about it.

She turned to her side, finding the stuffed toy Kai gave her for Christmas. She grabbed it and hugged the small thing in her chest. She took it out and stared at it. She stared at the smiling Pikachu. She stared at it for another few minutes until a tear fell down and trailed across her nose and to the other eye bringing another tear out that eye as well. She closed her eyes and hugged the doll once again. What am I going to do now? I'm so confused...

 

Mrs. Lee checked her cooking once more before nodding to herself, satisfied at her creation before rushing towards the door. She opened it and it revealed the Kims all dressed up nicely. It was simple but classy, expected for a rich family that hired people to dress them up very nicely.

"Welcome!" Mrs. Lee beamed with open arms and Mrs. Kim hugged her.

"Thanks for inviting us by the way." Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Lee made their way to the kitchen followed by Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee.

Kai closed the door behind him made his way to the living room. It was his turn to snoop around Moonhye's house. He found glass frames with pictures of the Lees in them. He found a picture of a young man and woman hugging a small girl. He assumes it was Mrs. and Mr. Lee and the little girl was Moonhye. He smiled and caressed the picture. You're a born Goddess Moonhye. 

He heard footstep and immediately put the frame down. He turned around and found Moonhye dressed in a yellow tube dress that flowed just below here knees. He could see her curves on her upper body really well and her hair was curled letting it fall both sides of her neck to her waist. That was his girlfriend right there and he's more than happy and proud about it.

Moonhye caught the sight of Kai and smiled her usually bright smile at him. He couldn't have looked anymore handsome. His hair was gelled and swept to the back revealing more of his handsome face. Moonhye found Kai smiling at her and she couldn't help but blush.

Kai went up to Moonhye and kissed her cheeks, "You're such a beauty Moonhye." He whispered to Moonhye ears before escorting her to the dining room.

"Wow, Moonhye you look absolutely lovely." Mrs. Kim complimented before hugging Moonhye.

"Thank you Mrs. Kim. You look dashing as well." Moonhye smiled.

Soon, everyone sat down and began their meal. The Kims were sitting with each other and the Lees were sitting with each other. Kai took his seat opposite Moonhye so that he can look at her while eating his food.

"Moonhye," Mrs. Kim started, "it surprises me you don't have a boyfriend yet."

Moonhye and Kai both choked on their food they looked up at each other and thought the same thing. They didn't tell their parents yet... 

Moonhye awkwardly coughed, "Umm... I do... I have a boyfriend Mrs. Kim." She looked up at Kai and saw his cheeks also red.

"You do?!" Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Lee gasped, "Who?!" They both said in unison.

Kai raised his hand slowly, "That would be me..."

Both parents gasped. They couldn't believe it. Well... They could but it seemed too good for them. They have always wanted their children to be together and was planning to have an arranged marriage but they also didn't want to force their children to anything they didn't want. 

"Really?!" Mrs. Kim covered to hide her goofy smile.

Kai and Moonhye both nodded. "Don't worry Mrs. Lee and Mr. Lee. I will take good care of Moonhye. I promise you, I won't break her heart. Ever." Kai said.

"And Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim. I also will take care of Kai." Moonhye shot from her seat with a determined look on her face.

Both parents looked at each other and had a knowing smile. "You don't understand Moonhye and Kai. We're happy for you." Mrs. Kim laughed.

"We have always wanted you two to be together more than anything." Mrs. Lee continued.

"Break her heart though Kai..." Mr. Lee smiled, "You're dead meat."

Kai gulped, "I promise I won't Mr. Lee."

 

After the dinner, everyone went outside to have wine and enjoy the fresh air. Kai scooted over to Moonhye and wrapped one of this arms around Moonhye's waist and pulled her close. Moonhye happily snuggled closer with Kai and let herself forget everything but her and Kai.

They watched their parents snuggle together as well and even kiss and they both cringed at the same time. They looked at each other before giggling. Before, when Kai sees his parents doing all sweet stuff he would just cringe. He would still cringe but he envied them. He wanted Moonhye and him to be like that in the future. He wanted them to be together until they turn old.

Kai turned Moonhye around so that they were both facing each other. He gave her a peck on the forehead and caught her hazel eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" Moonhye asked.

Kai chuckled before hugging her, "Nothing."

"Come on Kai, I know there's something in your mind." Moonhye pulled away from the hug and looked at Kai.

Kai sighed, "Why can't I ever hide anything from you?" Kai chuckled then hugged Moonhye once more, "I promise I'll never leave you. So promise that you'll never leave me too, okay?" 

Moonhye snuggled into Kai firm chest, "I promise..."