I Don't Care

No way, Right?

"Kris!" Moonhye dug her face deeper into Kris' chest and started weeping.

Kris pulled away and cupped Moonhye's face, staring worriedly into her trembling eyes. "Moonhye, you know you have a phobia of the dark. Why would you go there by yourself!"

"I didn't! I was with K-" Moonhye paused her hands trembling at the memory.

"You were with who?!" Kris asked eagerly.

Moonhye stayed silent. Kris sighed and hugged her again. He knew who it was.

 

Kris had pointed out the two children to Moonhye then he got called to help the class next door. When he got back he found no sign of Moonhye. He first though she could've gone back but then he notice something amiss. Kai was no where to be found either. He went out of the classroom looking left and right to see if he can spot them. Luckily he did. They were talking to one another infront of a classroom. He was about to run after them it got held back by some of the girls wanting his help, more like pretending to be a damsel in distress. He saw them walk in the classroom together and just in time, he was able to break free from the clingy girls. That's when he noticed it, the classroom they went to was the haunted classroom. He knew Moonhye was scared less when it comes to dark. He knew how she would collapse right after getting shocked in the dark. And he knew that Kai was going to leave her. Without hesitation he bragged in.

 

In the meantime, Kai was finally out of the classroom and snickered to himself how Moonhye was going to react. He thinks it will be priceless and would pay anything to see her scared expression. He didnt know about her phobia so of course he'll just find it funny. He waited in front of the exit for a long time and she still wasn't in sight. Kai grew impatient. How could someone take so long to finish this stupid thing. 

All of a sudden, a deep voice was shouting his name, "Kai! Kai!" He turned to where the shouting was coming from and he found a Changyeol waving to him frantically. Kai hesitated at first but he went to Changyeol at the end. 

"What?" Kai dug his hands into his pockets.

"You've got to go outside. There is this amazing ice cream that everyone is trying and it tastes like heaven!" Changyeol beamed before dragging Kai away.

Kai sighed and just followed Changyeol out out the happy virus' free will. They went past the huge amount of people and when they were finally outside he spotted something that raised his anger. Moonhye and Kris... hugging. He ditched me for that guy? Typical.

The day soon came to an end and everyone had a lot to clean up.

 

The following morning Kai was at his usual spot even grumpier than before. Moonhye was just her normal self like nothing has ever happened yesterday and already forgave Kai for what he did. He didn't know she had a phobia so no one's at fault really... In her opinion.

Moonhye made a small wave and smile to Kai but being e stubborn Kai he completely ignored her and went to listen to his music again. I guess Mr Grumpy's back. Moonhye sighed and walked just behind Kai.

Lessons came as normal, Kai's sleeping. Everyone wonders why he's at the top three in the class with high grades when all he does is sleep in class. What Kai didn't know was what the teacher talking about is one thing, another thing is Kris giving him death glares. If his eyes somehow managed to drop on Kai he'll immediately put his hands into a fist. Kai was no different, he would see Kris' face and he couldn't help but scowl. 

The day needed as normal and the three went to their dance club. Kai and Kris still glaring at each other without the other noticing.

"Everyone the dance I showed you the other day! From the top!" Yunho ordered loudly.

Everyone started getting into their positions while Yunho skipped to the right song.

Listen, Neukkil su itni? 

"Sorry, wrong one." Yunho scratched his head. He took out the CD from the machine examined it. "This is the wrong CD.... Kris, get me the right one, it's in the other practice room I think."

"I don't know what the CD looks like." Kris blinked.

"Oh. Kai go with him." He jerked his head to the door while be brung his phone out.

They both rolled their eyes and growled silently both not wanting to be near each other. 

Kai led him to the practice room at the end of the corridor and entered the room. He went to the CD player and took the CD out that was in it. He was about to go when..

"Wait." Kris said.

Kai turned around, "What?"

"Why did you bring Moonhye to that place yesterday?" Kris said in a serious tone.

"Let me ask you a question aswell." Kris raised an eyebrow waiting for Kai to finish. "Why did you hug her when you guys broke up?" Kai said in a more serious tone. The tension in the room started to get intense.

"You answer me first then I'll tell you." Kris glared.

"Fine. I wanted to scare her. Now you." Kai gave his glare back.

"I was comforting her." Kai raised an eyebrow at the answer. "From you." Kris turned to go when Kai grabbed him by arm.

"Wait... What do you mean from me?"

"Are you stupid or what?" Kris smirked.

"What?!" Kai spun him around.

"Moonhye has a phobia of the dark dammit!" Kris bursted.

Kai's eyes widened, not because of Kris' anger but to what he just heard.

"Moonhye was about to break down but thankfully I was there!" Kris punched the wall. "Moonhye is scared of the dark you know?" Kris smirked again then turned to face Kai with a threatening glare. "I told you to stay away from her. Make her cry again Kai, I don't know what I'll do to you." Kris glared atKai as he took the CD from his hands. 

Kris was half way opening the door then turned his head far enough to see Kai at the corner of his eyes. "Your question by the way. Why do you care if I was hugging her?" He then slammed the door shut.

Kai was left there frozen, load if things going on in his head.

It's because of me? 

I don't care about you two.

Why would I care?

I don't....care.

 

*Not edited.