Connection to my present

Twin Generation

Being upset by my current body strength I knew I couldn’t do anything but wait until I regain my strength. I wished there was a way for me to be strong quickly and escape this pent house. The view of the skyscrapers surrounding the serene room made me aware of my location. Being in these kinds of places gives the sense of freedom but not right now. Somehow I don’t sense danger but it doesn’t seem like I am also free. The feeling of being intoxicated can describe my feelings. Not knowing the identity of the person who picked me up from the streets really is getting to my nerves.

          As days pass I am starting to recognize the people that cater to my needs here. There is a maid that brings me food, another two that helps me bathe and fixes my clothes. They make sure I wear good clothes, they’re all designer clothes. There is also someone who fixes my hair and make up, I don’t accept his help though. Nobody touches both my hair and my face. A butler comes in everyday to ask me for things that I might want or need.

 

          Days seemed longer and soon my I regained the strength that I lost. The maid dressed me up with a black dress and high heel that brought wounds to my petite feet. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to escape them wearing those skimpy garments. So I waited for the two maids to be gone and I tore the lower portion of the dress which revealed my long skinny legs. The black shorts that hid my undergarments could also be seen but I don’t mind. Looking at my reflection in the huge mirror I felt quite confident. I knew that I have to do something with my hair that almost reached my knee. I didn’t want to cut it, as for me it’s a sign of my identity. Creating a bun seemed to be the best idea. I threw the shoes that pained me and rushed to the door.

          As I opened the door I heard the door knob click. The door opened and again I saw the guy that took me to this place. I moved in for punch but he successfully dodged me and my movements. Finally I was successfully able to punch him in the face. I looked back and saw his face which had lost the grin that he used to show me. He gestured his men not to chase me anymore.

          I successfully went out of the building, on my way down and out of the building the people kept looking at me it must be because of my lack of shoes. When the elevator opened, I took the cap of the man wearing beside me and rushed out of the building. Even outside people kept staring so I had to hide my face and then I remember him saying.

“It is good that I brought you here to my home SUUJIN before someone else recognized you and mistaken you for your twin sister. It may have caused her a scandal if other people saw you lying on the streets under the pouring rain”

I walked and walked again. The asphalt in the sidewalk is already warm. I felt hungry as I walked past restaurants and cafes. I saw different people both locals and foreigners. Some of them are couples while others are grouped into families or circles of friends but there are also those that fly solo. Ignoring the grumbling of my hungry stomach I kept on walking.  But just as that guy said, I couldn’t last a day without eating anything. It may be childish but it is one of my fears, being hungry.

While walking I saw this teenage girl looking at my feet. She was holding a guitar while seating down on the balmy sidewalks as people passed by her. With the very limited Korean that I knew I asked her if I could borrow her guitar. She was looking intently at my head. I noticed that she was looking at my hair clip so I gave it to her who caused my hair to fall down and she handed me her guitar. I felt awkward on the floor like that. People simply passed us by both. Minding their own business, some people are already running with a cup of Starbucks on their left hand and handy phone on their right busy talking to someone rushed. The hustle and bustle of the cars on the street waked me completely. There are also school girls chatting and giggling noisily as they wave at the men who seemed to be looking at them.

Looking back at the guitar at my hands, I started to strum it to check whether the tune is fine. I played the first song that I ever wrote … (Don’t Cry-Park Bom, I don’t own the song, no copy right infringement intended)

Love seems to change so easily
In place of our own greed, a painful scar is left
Gotta let you go
(And please don’t cry)

I guess I was not really the person for you
I couldn’t hold back my stupid heart
Which pained you
(And please don’t cry)

Here is the end for the both of us baby
And until the world would allow our love then

Chorus
It’s okay baby please don’t cry
This long journey is about to end
But someday, we will meet again
In the next life, we will see each other again

Verse Two
Everyday we are blinded by our anger
What we were fighting about every minute
I cried every night
Baby I cried

All the long nights
I stayed up late crying
I spent them all alone
Baby I cried

Here is the end for the both of us
And until the world would allow our love then

Chorus
It’s okay baby please don’t cry
This long journey is about to end
But someday, we will meet again
In the next life, we will see each other again

Bridge
Sometimes when tears come to me
I remember our beautiful memories
I hope that you won’t be hurt more

Please don’t cry

Chorus
It’s okay baby please don’t cry
This long journey is about to end
But someday, we will meet again
In the next life, we will see each other again

I didn’t notice it at first, but tears starts to fall from my eyes as I played the guitar. People start to crowd around me so I lowered the cap to prevent them from seeing my face. People start tossing coins on the cup that was in front of me. When I finished the song someone put in large amount of money that overflowed the cup and then a man pulled me and the guitar away.

A guy wearing a very stylish coat around 20 to 24 years old shoved me inside his car. When he knew I was sitting comfortably inside he removed the hood that was covering his face and showed me his face and told me his identity.

“Hi I’m T.O.P. from the group called Big Bang nice to meet you”