Ch. 8

Secret Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the first official day that Ji Sook became a Trainee at the agency that signed her.  Taeyeon had to follow because, her being the "new personal Assistant", had to be there with Ji Sook wherever she went.  Ji Sook and Taeyeon were given a tour of the company and they were amazed at how large their training rooms were and amazed about everything and anything.  Little did they know, it was going to take them years of training before they can debut as an artist.  Their new manager, Tiffany,  says it generally takes about 3-5 years of training before making it out there in the real world, but with the great talent they had, it shouldn't take too long.  Ji Sook and Taeyeon were finally taken into a recording studio.  Ji Sook looked at them with curiosity, "Why are we in here?  Are we recording a song?"  Tiffany smiled at Ji Sook and Taeyeon, "No you are not recording a song.  You are simply going to do a test screen.  We will see how well you can project and sing while being in the recording studio.  It should be simple since I heard that you are an amazing singer."  Ji Sook nervously smiled at her.  Tiffany held onto Ji Sook's hands, "Don't be nervous.  Now get in there and show me what you've got."  Before Ji Sook could object, Tiffany had already dragged her into the little Studio. 

Taeyeon sat down in front of Ji Sook and gave her a huge smile.  Ji Sook glared at Taeyeon before she looked at Tiffany with innocent eyes.  "OK, Ji Sook.  We are going to start from the top on this song.  You will be singing Over the Rainbow."  Ji Sook nodded as she put the headphones on.  Ji Sook stuck out her thumb, "OK.  I think I'm ready."  Tiffany nodded and cued the tech to turn the music on.  Ji Sook heard the music start and she started to sweat bullets.

   Somewhere over the Rainbow

   Way up high

As Ji Sook started to sing the rest of the verse, her voice cracked.  Tiffany put her hand towards instructing them to cut the music.  She then pressed on a button, "Ji Sook can you hear me?  Are you OK?  Don't be nervous.  Be confident.  We are going to start again."  Tiffany signaled again and the music started.  Ji Sook cleared as she felt it getting tight.

   Somewhere over the Rainbow

Again, her voice cracked.  Tiffany sighed as her head hung low.  She shook her head and then lifted her head to look at Ji Sook.  "Ji Sook, what is going on in there?"  Ji Sook cleared .  She spoke through the microphone, "Sorry Tiffany, I need to use the restroom.  I think I need to clear my thoughts first."  Tiffany rolled her eyes, "Fine.  Hurry up.  We do not have all day."

Ji Sook bowed as she placed the headphones on the chair.  She yanked Taeyeon out of the room and dragged her into the restroom.  Ji Sook pulled Taeyeon into the handicapped stall and began to tug on her shirt.  Taeyeon pushed Ji Sook's hands away, "What are you doing?"  Ji Sook pushed Taeyeon against the wall, "Stop crying and take your shirt off.  You have to sing for m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter