Ch. 45

Secret Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat trickled down the Cab Driver’s forehead as he struggled to carry Ji Sook down the street from behind the Hospital.  He stumbled a bit as he kept an eye out for any sudden movements that could possibly cause him to be caught.  Blinded by his fear, he didn’t realize that he was in more danger than before.  Someone was tailing dangerously close behind him as their accomplice was hidden around the side corner of the Hospital watching his every step with eagle eyes while waiting for specific orders. 

In mere seconds, the stranger suddenly stopped in their tracks as they raised their hand up in the air and snapped their fingers signaling their accomplice to start the attack.  With eagerness to get the job done correctly in a timely manner, the previously hidden Black Van roared down the road with amazing speed as it made its way towards the unsuspecting Cab Driver. 

Before the Cab Driver advanced any further down the road, a Black Van suddenly made a loud screeching stop directly in front of him halting him from inching forward.  The sudden shock caused him to panic as he fell backwards and landed on his back with Ji Sook falling directly on top of him.  He winced in pain as his body violently made contact with the hard cement flooring of the parking structure.  He choked on his breath as he felt excruciating pain hit his back and front.  He weakly placed his hands on top of Ji Sook’s shoulder as he struggled to lift her body off of his. 

He groaned in annoyance as Ji Sook’s entire weight held him down in place completely immobilizing him from moving.  He looked up in fear as he heard a car door open and someone shuffling out from the Black Van.  From his peripheral view, he saw a large man in a Black Armani Suit march towards him.  Fear struck him as he panicked and tried to quickly push Ji Sook’s body off of his so he can make a run for it, but failed as his body became weak due to the hard fall he encountered just seconds ago.  He had to get out now or else he was going to be a goner.  But all of his efforts went to waste as the man stood directly in front of him with a cynical smile plastered on his face.    

He closed his eyes and clenched his fists as he knew this was the end of his little escapade.  Breathing in and out harshly, he literally gave up as he raised his hands and held them up in the air.  He heaved out a loud sigh as he gave up any attempt of running away.  He cursed under his breath as he heard a pair of heels click its way towards them.  As soon as the heels stopped, he opened his eyes and saw the large man bow before making his way to her.  He grumbled as he spoke to no one in particular, “Why is this always happening to me?  Why is nothing going my way?”  He shook his head as he cursed his wretched luck. 

At the sound of a Woman’s voice, he turned his head to his right and saw a familiar silhouette.  He squint his eyes as he focused on her features.  He panicked as he realized that it was none other than Ji Sook’s Mother that was standing right next to him with a man as big as a building by her side.  He saw her man handle the man as she pointed her slender fingers his way.  He flinched in fear as he saw the big man make his way towards him.  He looked up to the sky as he spoke to the Heavens, “This is it huh?  This is how my life will end right?  I didn’t ask for too much, did I?  All I wanted was to love her and take care of her.  All I asked for was her lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter