Ch. 44

Secret Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Cab suddenly stopped as it arrived at its destination causing Wooyoung’s body to slightly lunge forward due to the sudden halt.  He glared at the Driver’s back as he tightened his hold on Ji Sook carefully securing her in his arms.  Wooyoung shook his head while sighing in relief as he saw the entrance of the Hospital not too far from where their Cab was parked.  He gave the Driver a fake smile before reaching into his front pant pocket to get some cash out from his brown leather Gucci wallet.  The Driver hesitantly turned his head towards Wooyoung and secretly glared at him before facing the front of the cab thinking of ways to get rid of him. 

Wooyoung grabbed his wallet and without looking at him asked, “How much for the ride?”  The Driver pulled his baseball cap lower to cover his eyes, cleared his throat and said in a lower tone of voice, “Don’t worry about it.  Take care of your pretty little lady friend there instead.”  Wooyoung tilted his head to the side as he focused his eyes to look at the Driver.  He blinked quickly before ignoring the Driver’s statement and taking some cash out of his wallet and handing it to him, “That’s too generous of you and I will feel really bad if I didn’t pay you back for all that you’ve done for us tonight.”  Hoping to get some kind of reaction from the Driver, Wooyoung continued to speak to him as he secretly slithered his hand back into his pant pocket where his phone was located and pressed the record button.  Without giving up, Wooyoung quickly placed his hand that held the money on the Driver’s shoulder as he said, “Please take this and let me know if this doesn’t cover the fee.  I will feel too guilty to take a free ride.  Everybody deserves what they should get, right?  Please take this as a token of my appreciation for all of your help for the night.”  Wooyoung gave a “sincere” look to the Driver as he insists on paying for the cab fee.  The Cab Driver secretly rolled his eyes as he contemplated about taking the money.

With clenched jaws, The Driver finally nodded his head in response before he stretched out his hands, reached over and grabbed the money out from Wooyoung’s hand.  He cleared his throat before saying, “Excuse me for a moment, just wait here and let me go grab a Nurse to bring over a gurney.”  Without waiting for Wooyoung’s response, he quickly opened his car door and literally jumped out of his seat and ran towards the entrance of the Hospital.  Wooyoung scrunched up his nose and squint his eyes as he watched the Driver run like a mad man.  He shook his head in disbelief as he turned his attention to Ji Sook and stared at her.  He placed his hand gently on top of her head as he waited for the Driver to come back with a nurse.  He sighed in relief as his heart can finally beat at its regular pace.  The Driver can’t do anything now that they were surrounded by people.

As Wooyoung waited, he felt a bit cramped in the back and decided that he should get out and stretch a bit as he waited.  He questioned why it was taking the Driver such a long time to get a nurse but shrugged it off as he felt a strong muscle spasm on his right calf causing him to wince in pain.  Wooyoung cautiously shifted Ji Sook’s body over to the vacant seat in the cab as he slowly massaged the muscle spasm away and slid out of his seat.  He stepped out of the car and looked around to try and spot the Driver but didn’t see him anywhere.  It worried him to see the eagerness of the Cab Driver wanting to get help but thought nothing of it as he knew they were safe for the moment. 

Wooyoung shook his head as he stretched out his tense limbs.  But, as soon as he took a small step forward, his body suddenly felt very heavy yet light at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter