Ch. 49

Secret Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With eagerness and newfound hope, Mr. Lee quickly kissed the bottle and smiled in relief before he placed it in the front pocket of his jacket securing it in place before jumping out of the van.  He quickly shut the door behind him and made a mad dash towards the front door of the old broken down Warehouse not realizing that his little movements caused someone to stir in their slumber.  He jumped with joy as he found a quick solution to his problem and completely ignored the condition of his current surroundings.  Reality soon hit him hard as he found himself losing feeling in his legs that caused him to clumsily stumble down towards the ground.  He hissed in pain as his smooth skin made contact with the roughness of the old tattered gravel covered by dirt.  He cursed at himself and his clumsiness as he wiped away the dirt that covered some new cuts on his body.  He grunted as he slowly picked himself up off the floor and sat down for a brief moment to catch his breath.     

He looked up towards the night sky and thought about how peaceful life could have been and sighed helplessly as he thought about his pathetic life.  He sighed for what seemed like the thousanth time before he slowly slithered his hand down into his pocket.  He immediately jumped up as he felt nothing in his pocket.  Panic filled his head as he searched around him trying to locate his now missing bottle.  He looked around and asked no one in particular, “Where did the bottle go?”  Fear began eating at him as he quickly placed his hands on the ground and crawled his way around trying to locate it.  He got up frustratingly as he kicked the dirt beneath him when he found absolutely nothing.  Failure wasn’t’ a part of his plan and he has to find that bottle now. 

Cold sweat ran down his back and his fingers curled as he imagined all of the cruel things Ms. Kim could possibly do to him.  He closed his eyes and took in a few deep breaths to calm his nerves down.  A mental breakdown would not be good for him at this moment for he knew his broken concentration would hinder his abilities to do anything right.  He closed his eyes as he mumbled to himself, “everything will be OK.  You will find the bottle and everything will be fine.”  Once he calmed himself down and collected his mind, he took a deep breath and turned around to begin his search. 

His eyes sparkled and a huge smile plastered on his face once his eyes landed on the bottle.  He neared it and was about to grab it, but stopped while his smile suddenly turned into a frown.  He gasped at its current condition.  “Oh no…no…no..no.  This cannot be happening right now.”  The lid that once was securely on the bottle was now gone, allowing the liquid to flow out freely. 

He rushed over towards the bottle and picked it up observing it closely to see what was left of the contents.  He mentally scolded himself and smacked his head a few times as he saw that it was almost completely empty.  He lifted it up and shook it.  Luckily, there was just enough left in the bottle to knock someone as small as Taeyeon out for a good couple of hours.  He gripped it tightly while looking at it and said, “this will have to do for now,” before he made his way over to where the bottle’s lid was located.  He couldn’t risk losing any more of what he had left.  He picked it up and blew off the dust before he placed it securely on top and twisted the cap closed.  He puffed out his cheeks as he sighed deeply.  He glanced back at the van and then t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter