Ch. 40

Secret Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Ji Sook secretly peeked inside the room, her jaw dropped as her eyes widened in fear.  She quickly covered in panic with both her hands as she quietly gasped from the view.  Her mind couldn't register the strange act that was happening right before her eyes.  When she saw the backside of her mother right beside Wooyoung, she knew there was no stopping her mother at this point.  As she watched her mother diligently work in silence, her hands tightened around as her breathing became unstable.

Just above his body, she saw her mother turn towards him with what looked like a syringe filled with a clear unidentifiable liquid in her hand.  She quickly turned her head to the side and closed her eyes when she saw her mother slowly inch the needle towards his left forearm where his vein was visible.

Within seconds, the needle came into contact with his body, pierced through his skin and slowly inched towards his blood- flowing vein.  Once the needle was situated, the unknown liquid slowly gets pushed through the syringe and gets injected into him through the needle causing his body to slowly spasm.  Without thinking, she slowly opened her eyes, turned her head towards them and watched in horror as she saw her mother smile cynically as she continues to inject his body.

She quickly snapped back into reality and ran as fast as she could towards them.  She couldn't just stand around and watch him be poisoned in his defenseless state no matter how much she detests him.  She violently pushed her mother aside as she grabbed hold of the syringe.  She quickly yet carefully pulled it out making sure not to break the needle within his body.  But, unbeknownst to her, it was already too late.  All of the poisoned liquid has already gone into his system ready to mix with his clean blood.

With defeat painted across her face, she took small slow steps away from his body.  With trembling hands, she let go of the now empty syringe from her grasp and it landed harshly on the ground causing it to shatter into millions of pieces at its first impact.  She limply fell to the ground while her body shook in disbelief and fear.  I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter