A Breakfast to Remember

Master of Disguise

“WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? WHY? WHHHHYYYY?”

Jonghyun childishly buried his head under the pillow and wailed uncontrollably. “After all that hard work…”

Key rolled his eyes and weakly patted Jonghyun on the back. “It’s not that bad—”

Jonghyun sprang up, his hair sticking up in different directions and his eyes bloodshot.

“Crap,” whispered Key, flinching away from Jonghyun’s half-crazed look.

“Not bad?” Hissed Jonghyun, his right eye twitching. “NOT BAD?”

Jonghyun picked up his shattered phone (the one he threw against the wall—multiple times) and waved it around wildly. “ONEW FAINTED! HE FAINTED BEFORE HE EVEN KISSED HER!”

Key slowly got up from the bed and started backing out the room. “Jonghyun, calm down I’m sure there is logical explanation for why he faint—”

“There is,” whispered Jonghyun tightly gripping his phone, until his knuckles turned white and then threw it against the wall. “HE ISN’T A MAN!!”

*******************

“O-Onew?” Eunji poked Onew’s cheek with a wooden spoon and winced when he didn’t move.

“I didn’t hit him that hard,” whispered Eunji, feeling a tiny bit guilty for punching him in the face.

“It’s not my fault,” she mumbled kneeling down on the floor beside him. (She also “accidently” threw him off the bed). “His face was too close.”

Being very gentle, Eunji ew’s body over so that he was lying on his back and flinched when she noticed the something red trickling down his nose.

“Oh crap,” feeling horrified with what she did, Eunji sprang up, ran to the kitchen and grabbed a piece of cloth, an ice pack and pepper spray (just in case he started acting weird again).

After running back to the room, Eunji placed the cloth over Onew’s nose and gently dabbed away the blood. “T-That should do it.” She mumbled, carefully placing the pack of ice over his nose.

Glancing at Onew’s face one last time, Eunji unconsciously reached out and brushed his bangs off his face.

“Idiot,” she whispered softly before getting up and turning to leave the room.

“No,” Onew’s voice came out haggard and barely audible. “Don’t go.”

Eunji froze as Onew’s hand weakly wrapped around her ankle. “Stay.”

With her heart beating wildly, Eunji laid down beside Onew, noticing that his eyes were still closed. I’m just going to stay here in case his nose starts bleeding again, Eunji tried convincing herself that she was staying there for his sake.

After a second of feeling very awkward Eunji rolled onto her side, giving Onew her back and shut her eyes. Onew’s hand ‘unconsciously’ draped itself around Eunji, making her heartbeat shoot to the sky. Swallowing nervously Eunji clenched her eyes shut and counted to ten, trying to calm her raging heart down. He’s asleep and doesn’t know what he’s doing, she tried convincing herself.

Onew’s eyes peaked open and he smiled for a brief moment before snuggling against Eunji and going to sleep. Getting punched in the face was worth it.

*************************

“BEEP BEEP BEEP—”

“W-What’s going on?” whispered Eunji as she sprang off the flour and stared dazedly around her. Feeling half dead Eunji pushed herself of the floor and winced when she heard her joints crack. “Stupid uncomfortable floor.”

She reached for her phone, out of routine, and froze when she smelled something. Something burning that is. Glancing around the room she noted, for the first time, that Onew wasn’t there.

“Crap,” Eunji dashed into the kitchen in time to see a frantic Onew dumping a cup of water over the blazing fire in the oven.

“What are you doing?”

Onew jumped up at the sound of Eunji’s voice, slammed the oven shut and coolly turned around. “Good Morning!”

Eunji cynically raised her eyebrows and took a step into the kitchen. “What’s going on?”

Onew smiled cutely and took a step forward, blocking her view. “I made breakfast.”

Eunji blinked twice, taken back by his words. “Why did you—?”

“Go sit down,” urged Onew, pushing Eunji towards the dining table.

Eunji wearily sat down at the table, feeling oddly uncomfortable with the situation that she was in; that is until she saw the food that Onew had carried over.

Choking on her laugher, Eunji pointed at the plate with two very black slices of toast, and green (yes green) scrambled eggs.

“And this is…?”

Onew laughed uncomfortably before rubbing the back of his neck, “It didn’t turn out the way I planned.”

Eunji hid a smile, picked up her fork and poked the green mush on her plate. “How on earth did the eggs turn green?”

Onew smiled sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders. “Food colouring?”

Eunji bit her lower lip— to keep herself from bursting into laugher—and politely nodded her head. “It looks delicious.”

Onew’s face lite up. “Really?”

Eunji nodded her head and scooped some green mush onto her fork and, fully aware of Onew’s ogling gaze on her, placed it in .

And chewed.

On something hard.

Something very hard.

Letting out a set of heaving coughs, Eunji frantically reached for her glass of water, which Onew hurriedly passed to her.

“Onew—” Eunji took a deep breath in, satisfying her suffocating lungs. “Did the respie say to add in egg shells?”

Onew’s eyes doubled in size and a startled sound escaped his lips. “E-Egg shells?”

Eunji raised her eyebrows, stabbed the green mush with her fork and held it out for him to taste.

Onew’s ears pinked as he leaned forwards and gently bit down on the fork. His bright expression suddenly turned sullen when the eggs kept crunching in his mouth.

“I don’t know how that happened!” Onew pouted in devastation. “I just added some milk to the eggs, a bit of spinach juice, some—”

“—you put spinach juice in the eggs?” Eunji choked on her laughter.

Onew ducked his head, his cheeks warming. “I wanted to give you a nutritious meal.”

Eunji burst into laughter, her voice filling up the entire room. Onew blinked back and smiled widely at the wonderful sound that escaped her lips.

“Gosh you’re so crazy.” Chucked Eunji, wiping a tear off her cheek.

“I really missed you,” Onew whispered in an inaudible voice, a cute smile on his face.

Eunji chuckled one final time, a serene smile on her face, before hearing her phone vibrate on the table.

“Hey Key what’s u—SHE DID WHAT?” Eunji’s eyes widened into saucer plates before dangerously tightening into slits. “That crazy girl. We’ll be there in 5 minutes—erm I mean I’ll be there.”

Eunji hung up and rubbed her aching temple. Jihyun is a complete idiot.

“Onew I need to go the soccer stadium, I’ll—” Eunji froze when she found Onew standing by the door with his sunglasses on.

“Well?” Onew pulled his car keys from his pocket and suggestively twirled them around his finger. “Shall we?”

Snapping out of her daze, Eunji cleared and made her way to the coat rack where she grabbed her brown leather jacket and slid it on. “It’s okay I can get there on my own.”

Onew stepped in front of Eunji blocking her way out, “But we’re going to the same place.”

“But—”

“—Kim Eunji,” Onew said Eunji’s name slowly and tastefully, his eyes capturing hers. “I want to ride with you.”

Eunji blinked back. “But—”

Onew smiled widely, “Perfect, let’s go!” He wrapped his hand around her wrist and started dragging her effortlessly to the car.


HELLO WORLD I, MISS-SWEETHEART, AM STILL ALIVE (but not for long)

So yeah, it’s exam season in my part of the world which also means it’s hell TT_TT So I was practically locked up in my room with a pile of books to study and essays to write (it was awful, SIMPLY AWFUL).

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU PATIENCE! I'm making it up to you by doing a double update!!!

*Back to story*

OH MY GOODNESS~! (Seriously though I feel BAD for Jonghyun, don’t you? I mean…he tried SO hard….AND NO RESULTS!)

I WANT ONEW TO MAKE ME BREAKFAST—(well no technically I WANT Onew not the breakfast, but that’s another story…)

DOES ANYONE THINK ONEW “PASSED OUT” ON PURPOSE? As the author…I can’t tell *wink* Onew would never do something that manipulative…right? *evil laugh* you deicide~!

“—Kim Eunji,” Onew said Eunji’s name slowly and tastefully, his eyes capturing hers. “I want to ride with you.”

*SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL*