*Thump Thump*

Master of Disguise

“I’m your prince,” he whispered softly, pressing a kiss to my temple.

 

I froze, all the air escaped from my lungs, making it impossible to breathe. W-what’s happening? Why did he—?

 

Onew drew back, a soft expression on his face. He raised his hand and gently brushed it along my jaw.

 

I gasped and my body shivered involuntarily. If you listened closely, you could even hear my heart beating rapidly.

 

*thump thump*

 

I abruptly stood up, my face burning with embarrassment.

 

“Isn’t it hot in here?” I mumbled, fanning myself. Why does it feel like my face is on fire?

 

Onew’s lower lip jutted out.

 

“Eunji, you are one stubborn girl.” He whispered softly.

 

I chuckled uncomfortable, and desperately tried changing the topic. “Let’s go find Taemin and the rest of the guys—”

 

“But that’s what I like about you,” interrupted Onew in a much louder voice.

 

Whatever I was about to say vanished. A huge lump formed in my throat, making even the simplest of actions, like breathing, difficult.

 

“W-What—?”

 

Suddenly, Onew’s soft and earnest face became a more playful one.

 

He suddenly stood up and effortlessly scooped me off the floor, caring me bridal-style out of the park.

 

“Y-Yah!” Caught off guard I let out a tiny squeal.

 

Onew let out an enchanting laugh. “You’re adorable when you’re flustered.”

 

My face reddened and I shrank into Onew’s arms. “Onew stop joking around, you’ll trip again.”

 

He rolled his eyes. “Your leg is injured. All I’m going to do is take you to the hospital to—”

 

Hospital?” I shrieked aloud, feeling my palms start to sweat.

 

Onew stopped walking and glanced at me with concern. “You okay?”

 

I stared at him intently. “Onew this is not a serious injury. Just take me back to the dorm and I can get the nurse to look at—”

 

“No, we’re going to see a doctor now.” The defiant look on Onew’s face was so fierce, that I knew there was no way I could convince him otherwise.

 

My shoulder’s slumped in defeat.

 

“My aunt owns a private clinic five blocks from here.” I murmured softly.

 

Onew’s face immediately brightened up. “Point the way.”

 

I sighed and reluctantly raised my hand, guiding him in the right direction.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 “This is it?”

 

Onew stood in front of a small house, hesitantly swaying from foot to foot.

 

“Stop swaying Onew, I’m getting sea sick.”

 

Onew immediately stopped. “Sorry.”

 

He awkwardly glanced around; taking in the flowery garden and cute garboils “Are you sure Eunji? This looks like someone’s house.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “It is a house, but my aunt turned it into a clinic. She says that it makes her clients feel less intimidated to walk into a house than into a clinic.”

 

 “If you say so.” Onew mumbled, wearily walking up the front stairs.

 

He raised his hand, ready to click the doorbell, when the door flew open.

 

Before us stood a woman in sweats; her brown hair was pulled back into a messy bun. Clearly this is not the type of doctor you see when you visit the hospital.

 

Onew stepped back in shock. “Who-?”

 

“Aunt Taeyeon!”

 

Her eyes widened. “Eunji? By lord, what happened to you?”

 

I glanced at Onew’s stricken face and stifled a laugh. “It’s a long story.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes landed on my bruised foot. “That looks bad.” She murmured.

 

She gently touched my foot, and started applying pressure at random areas.

 

“Ouch!” I flinched as a sharp pain shot up my foot.

 

Onew suddenly pulled me out of Taeyeon’s reach. “Be careful.” He instructed.

 

Taeyeon blinked twice, taken off guard by his over-protective behaviour. A slow smile formed on her lips and she chuckled lightly.

 

She signalled for us to come in. “Eunji, I’m going to run and get some bandages for your foot.” She mumbled, vanishing into one of the rooms.

 

Onew stiffly walked into Taeyeon’s house.

 

“Where do I put you?” Whispered Onew, his eyes frantically searching the place.

 

“Oh yeah,” I scolded myself for not telling him sooner. “Third room on the right.”

 

Onew nodded his head and complied.

 

Inside the room there was a large bed, a round golden table that had different tools neatly assembled and a large window that gave a lovely view of Taeyeon’s garden.

 

“Why is the door transparent?” grumbled Onew, gently lowering me onto the bed.

 

I rolled my eyes. “It’s another one of my aunt’s strategic plans.”

 

Onew’s eyebrows furrowed. “Eunji, are you sure that she’s a certified doctor?”

 

“Of course I am,” sang Taeyeon, strolling happily into the room, bandage in hand.

 

Onew winced and he scratched the back of his head in frustration. “That’s not what I mean—”

 

“Listen sweetie,” interrupted Taeyon, flashing Onew her killer smile. “I need you to wait outside on the couch, just so that I can focus.”

 

“But—”

 

“No buts. Now leave.”

 

Onew gave me an uncertain look. I nodded my head, giving him a reassuring look.

 

He huffed in annoyance and left the room, shoulders slumped.

 

The moment he left Taeyeon broke out into excited squeals. “He is soo cute!”

 

My head snapped in her direction, appalled by her words. “W-what?”

 

Her eyes twinkled mischievously. “You didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend.”

 

“What?!”

 

She sighed and picked up my leg as she started bandaging it.

 

“You’re so dense Eunji; that man clearly cares about you.”

 

I wrinkled my nose. “Yeah, it’s cuz we’re friends.”

 

She rolled her eyes and stopped bandaging me foot.

 

She turned and looked at me, an intense look on her face.

 

“Eunji, has your heart been beating rapidly lately?”

 

I thought about it. Yes, it’s been beating wildly just before.

 

I nodded my head.

 

“When you see a girl hanging out with Onew, do you get this ugly feeling in your stomach?”

 

Just thinking of Luna made me want to puke.

 

“How did you know?” I whispered, fascinated.

 

“Do you find yourself turning red a lot?”

 

“How do you know all of this?” I demanded, starting at her in disbelief.

 

She giggled lightly. “I think I know you’re problem.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “I already know what you’re going to say.”

 

Her eyes widened. “You do?”

 

“Yes, I have heart burn.”

 

Taeyeon twitched.

 

“It’s the cafeteria food,” I continued on, unaware of her glare. “They have this new spicy dish and it’s—”

 

“PABO!”

 

I flinched. “W-what?”

 

“You’re just like your father.” She grumbled angrily getting off the bed.

 

“What’s your problem? Why are you so mad?”

 

“Because you’re so flipping dense!”

 

“Why??” I snapped.

 

“You’re in love.” She whispered.

 

I blinked twice, trying to digest her words.

 

Then I broke into laughter. “Me in love? With Onew? Hahahah!”

 

Taeyeon’s jaw tightened. “Your leg is all wrapped up.”

 

My laugh died out. I was startled by her sudden cold behaviour. “Taeyeon I didn’t mean to offend you, but the thought of me being in love is so-”

 

“Wonderful? Beautiful?” She interrupted, staring off into space.

 

“Actually I was going to say ludicrous.”

 

Taeyeon threw her hands up in the air in defeat. “I give up.”

 

“Is everything okay in here?” interrupted Onew, poking his head into the room.

 

I nodded cheerfully and pointed to me bandaged foot. “Are you happy now?”

 

Onew rolled his eyes and walked up towards me. He turned around and crouched down in front of me.

 

I started at his back in confusion. “What?”

 

He rolled his eyes. “Get on.”

 

Knowing there was no other way around it; I bent down and gently wrapped my arms around Onew’s neck. He stood up with ease.

 

“Thank you!” He bowed slightly to my aunt, gratification clear in his eyes.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and patted him on the back. “Good luck.”

 

Onew tilted his head in confusion, but didn’t ask.

 

As Onew walked down the streets, I rested my head against his back and thought about what Taeyeon had said.

 

“You’re in love.”

 

My grip on Onew’s neck tightened.

 

“Why do you care?” I suddenly blurted out. My neck flushed from my sudden outburst.

 

Onew stopped walking and tilted his head to the side, thinking about my question.

 

“You would have done the same thing to Jonghyun or Key, right?” I pressed, not exactly knowing where I was headed with all these questions.

 

Onew chuckled softly and started walking.

 

“What’s so funny?” I demanded.

 

“I already told you why I care.”

 

I blinked twice. “You did?”

 

“But I’ll say it again.”

 

 “I like you.”

 

My heart thumped unevenly in my chest. “Y-You like me?”

 

Onew nodded his head. “Yes, I really like you.”

 

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. What do I say???

 

“It’s okay you don’t have to say anything.” He whispered softly.

 

I blushed and rested my head against his back, my arms unconsciously tightening around Onew’s neck.

 

A stupid smile formed on my lips.

 

I think I might like you too.

 

 


 

KYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH~~~~ I LIKE YOU TOO ONEW ♥♥♥♥♥ "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'YOU THINK YOU LIKE HIM" *dies*

Hey lovelies, sorry for the VERY late update, I had my final exams but now I AM FREEEEE~

I promise two updates per week! Time to pick this story up and get into a bit more fun *wink wink*

I'm very grateful to you guys for being so patient!

 

Thanks for cheering me on, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!