Investigating L. Joe

Master of Disguise

That was very weird.

As I changed into some dry clothing, my mind wondered back to my earlier conversation with L.Joe. I don’t understand why he would lie to us about Seohyun?

 

I stepped out of the washroom, deep in thought.  I need to find out what the heck is going on.

 

Suddenly a towel was thrown over my head.

 

I blinked twice and hesitantly pulled it off. I then found myself staring into a pair of warm, brown eyes.

 

“Dry your hair so you don’t get sick.” Murmured Onew, affectionately ruffling my wet hair.

 

I rolled my eyes. “That’s what I was going to do.”

 

Onew smiled softly. He stretched his hand out and gently ran it down the length of hair.

 

“I like your hair,” he whispered softly.

 

I face reddened at the implication. What am I supposed to say, ‘thank you’?

 

Onew suddenly wrapped his arms around my shoulders, drawing me towards him in a tight hug.

 

“Onew—?!” I let out a startled squeak. What if someone walks in on us?

 

 “I’m sorry,” he whispered, tightening his arms around me.

 

I blinked in confusion. “F-For what?”

 

Onew loosened his hold and drew back, staring into my eyes.

 

“I promise to fix things up.” His voice rang with sincerity.

 

I cocked my head. “Fix what up?”

 

Onew smiled in response and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead, catching me off guard.

 

He drew back and chuckled at my chagrined expression.

 

“Speechless Eunji?” teased Onew, lightning up the atmosphere as he took a step back.

 

I shook my head and tried to scowl.

 

Onew chuckled again and my eyes tightened.

 

“Aren’t you going to shower?” I snapped, trying to change the topic.

 

Onew winked and walked into the washroom, lightly shutting the door behind him.

 

The moment the door clicked close I slumped against the wall and fanned myself. Damn that guy for leaving me so flustered.

 

I hesitantly touched my forehead and shook my head in astonishment. I seriously don’t understand that guy.

 

I took a deep breath in and shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. Kim Eunji, focus! Right now is not a good time for distractions.

 

Damn that Onew!

 

 I took a deep breath and tiptoed to front door, silently praying that Onew wouldn’t notice my absence. Who are you kidding? You guys live in one room, of course he’ll notice if you aren’t there.

 

I slowly opened the door and peered outside. The coast is clear.

 

I crept through the empty hallway, hunting for one particular room.

 

There it is. I stood frozen in front of his room.

 

I took a deep breath and gently turned the door knob, expecting the room to be locked.

 

Surprisingly, the room wasn’t locked and the door easily swung open. This suddenly seems too easy. My subconscious nagged me.

 

Ignoring my gut feeling, I crept into his room and noted with great peculiarity that it was empty. He still hasn’t gotten home?

 

I walked up to his desk and started to look around for anything suspicious.

 

When I opened the first drawer, my eyes were immediately drawn to a photo of L.Joe and Seohyun; they were both hugging and their smiles shone brightly. The date the photo suggests that it was taken was only last month.

 

I tenderly picked up the photo and turned it around, and on its back L.Joe had written,

 

“No matter what, I will always protect you, my love.”

 

I cocked my head to the side. If he still cares about her, why would he break up with her? I sighed, this makes no sense.

 

Music suddenly blasted through the room, causing me to flinch in surprise.

 

I frantically searched for the root of the music and my eyes immediately landed on L.Joe’s I-Phone, which happened to be lying right in the middle of his abandoned bed.

 

He forgot his phone here?

 

With quivering hands I picked up the phone and checked the front screen. Unknown Caller.

 

After a couple of rings the phone fell silent and a sudden message popped up exclaiming that he had a new voicemail.

 

Oddly L.Joe didn’t have a password on his phone.

 

Seriously this is just way too easy, something isn’t right…

 

I pressed on his new voicemail and with shaky hands, raised the phone o my ear.

 

“L.Joe darling, didn’t you see how beautiful your girlfriend’s art work was today? It would be quiet a shame if someone came along and, I don’t know, ruined her reputation. You see, I don’t respond well to people who break their promises. I will give you exactly one week to finish up your part of the bargain.”

 

I pulled the phone away from my ear and calmly lowered it onto the bed. Okay so that made no sense. Someone is threatening to ruin Seohyun’s reputation if he doesn’t do what they say.

 

My subconscious started nagging me. You’ve heard that voice before Eunji! Think harder, who do you know has enough power to ruin an artist’s reputation—

 

The words Seohyun said to me yesterday came rushing into my head. “She is in charge of the Seoul Art Show.”

 

My eyes flew open and a gasp escaped my throat. “Grandmother.”

 

The door to the room slammed shut.

 

I twirled, and there he was, leaning coolly against the door, his eyes impassive.

 

He took a step forward, his eyes dark.

 

“L.Joe.”

 


Dun, dun duuuuun~

 

I apologize for NOT responding to any comments AND for not updating earlier. You see I decided to take a three week course on Organic Chemistry. Prior to that decision I was thinking, "Hey it's only three weeks! I can definitely balance it into my schedule!" 

Umm..NO I can't that course was just so demanding =.= I apologize again! But now I am truly free (seriously this time)