Dinner Date?

Master of Disguise

“Ma’am, I can’t let you through unless you have a reservation.”

 

The security guard wearily glanced at Eunji who —unlike the other woman present—was dressed in black dress pants and a fancy, short-sleeved white dress shirt.

 

Fixing up her pony tail, Eunji sized up the security guard. “Are you going to let me through? Or am I gonna have to make you?”

 

The security guard snorted, underestimating Eunji’s small figure. “Ma’am please move out of the way, there are people waiting in lin—”

 

A hand dropped on Eunji’s shoulder, followed by a smooth, “She’s with me.”

 

Recognition flashed in the security guard’s eyes and he flushed. “O-Of course Mister Byunghyun. I-I apologize for my rude behavior.”

 

L.Joe nodded curtly and gently placed his hand onto Eunji’s back, guiding her into the fancy restaurant.

 

Eunji, unable to resist, flashed the security a smug smile, before being dragged away by L.Joe.

 

“Ommo, isn’t that Lee Byunghyun?”

 

“Aigoo, he’s rich and good looking.”

 

“Who is SHE?”

 

“It’s the first time I see him here with a woman.”

 

Whispers filled the restaurant; all eyes trained on the two couple.

 

“You’re late.” Whispered Eunji; aware of everyone’s eyes on her.

 

Gracefully rolling his eyes, L.Joe guided her to their table. “I thought it would take you more time to get dressed.”

 

“You look good though,” she complimented good-naturedly. She meant it too.

 

Dressed in black dress pants, a white dress shirt and a black tux—with a red rose in the front pocket—L.Joe looked distinguished.

 

Smiling slyly L.Joe winked at her. “Enough to make you change your mind?”

 

Eunji snorted and slapped him lightly on the shoulder. “You wish.”

 

“Oh my, don’t they look cute together?” Cooed a soft, giddy woman’s voice.

 

“They look mature.” Corrected Grandmother.

 

Coolly turning around, Eunji was welcomed by a short-petit woman who stood beside her grandmother. The smaller woman had to be L.Joe’s mother. The resemblance was just so obvious.

 

“You must be L.Joe’s mother?” Eunji stood up and held her hand out to the woman.

 

The woman brightly smiled back and shook the latter’s hand. “You must be Seohy—”

 

“Omma,” interrupted L.Joe smoothly, standing up. “This is Kim Eunji.”

 

A confused look crossed his mother’s face. “O-Oh my bad, you’re right she doesn’t quiet look like the other one. Hello there Eunji-ah.”

 

“Hello Mrs. Lee, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

Bowing her head politely, Eunji heard a person deliberately clearing their throat.

 

She glanced up, and met her grandmother’s expectant gaze.

 

“L.Joe, Mrs. Lee; this is my grandmother.”

 

Putting on her charming smile, Grandmother shook hands with L.Joe and his mother. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.”

 

“Why don’t we sit down?” Suggested L.Joe pulling Eunji’s chair out for her.

 

“What a gentleman,” Mused Grandmother, elegantly sitting down on her chair.

 

“Care for some wine?” asked the waiter once they were all seated.

 

“White wine for me,” answered Grandmother briskly.

 

“I’ll pass,” muttered Eunji.

 

L.Joe smiled in agreement. “None for me thank you.”

 

“I’ll have the usual,” declared Mrs. Lee, smiling dismissively at the waiter.

 

“Lee Byunghyun, I’ve heard a lot about you from my granddaughter.” Started Grandmother, clasping her hands together.

 

Eunji raised her eyebrows. I’ve never even mentioned him.

 

“Good words I hope?” replied L.Joe a twinkle in his eye.

 

Grandmother laughed. “Oh but of course. She thinks very highly of you.”

 

Eunji rolled her eyes. I do?

 

L.Joe sent Eunji a humor filled look. “Does she now?”

 

Grandmother’s smile wavered. “Why do you seem shocked by that?”

 

L.Joe cleared his throat and quickly rearranged his expression so that it was more controlled. “Eunji-ah is very…reserved about these things.”

 

To keep herself from laughing, Eunji bit the inside of her cheek. “Am I now?”

 

“Excuse me for interrupting,” piped in Mrs. Lee, a confused look on her face. “But I just need to clarify something.”

 

“Of course,” Eunji smiled expecting the next question.

 

“Are you two dating?”

 

Silence enveloped the table; a different thought going through each person’s head.

 

Mrs. Lee who had a concerned look on her face. I could have sworn the girl he told me he loved was called Seohyun.

 

Grandmother who starting fixedly at Eunji. You’d better be dating this man.

 

L.Joe who was trying hard not to roll his eyes. Why am I doing this again?

 

And finally Eunji, who was biting the inside of her cheeks, trying hard not to burst into laughter. This situation is just too hilarious.

 

“A-Are you two dating?” repeated his mother, when the silence stretched on far too long.

 

“That’s what we,” Eunji sent L.Joe a look. “Wanted to speak to you about.”

 

L.Joe cleared his throat before staring straight into his mother’s eyes. “Omma, I love this woman and I plan on marrying her.”

 

The bomb has been dropped.

 

“W-What?” repeated Mrs. Lee sharing a dumbfounded look with Grandmother.

 

L.Joe placed his hand over Eunji’s. “I said that we’re going to get married.”

 

“B-But you guys are far too young.” Blurted Grandmother.

 

“Are you sure about this sweetie?”

 

Eunji cleared , regaining their attention. “Regardless of what you guys think, we will still proceed with the marriage. We just thought we should let you guys know.”

 

“You—” Grandmother’s eyes tightened suspiciously. “You’re not pregnant, are you?”

 

Rolling her eyes Eunji sighed. Why does everyone always come to that conclusion?

 

“Umm, NO.”

 

Sighing in relief, both Grandmother and Mrs. Lee leaned back in their chairs.

 

“Well, if the kids are determined,” started Mrs. Lee. “And they both love each other, then I see no reason not to let them get married.”

 

Grandmother nodded her head a smile forming on her lips. “I have no objections.”

 

Numbly nodding her head Mrs. Lee turned to us with a strained smile on her face. “D-did you guys decide on the date?”

 

“June 8th.”

 

Eyes widened. “B-But that’s just next month.”

 

“And you guys won’t have graduated by then.” Scolded Grandmother.

 

“It’s our decision.” Declared L.Joe, keeping a straight face.

 

“It’s either we have a wedding, or we’ll elope.” Threatened Eunji, smiling wickedly.

 

Grandmother sighed and turned to Mrs. Lee with a smile. “Looks like the kids really want to marry. I see no reason to prevent them from declaring their love to each other.”

 

Eunji made a barfing gesture, causing L.Joe to hold in his laughter.

 

“I—I—”

 

“Omma,” L.Joe placed his hand on his mother’s hand, a gentle look in his eyes. “I know what I’m doing.”

 

Letting out a strained sigh, Mrs. Lee nodded her head. “Fine, you have my approval.”

 

Eunji’s lips curled up into a smile. Phase two, complete.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Don’t think I don’t know.”

 

Eunji turned towards her Grandmother, who was reapplying her lipstick in front of the bathroom mirror.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“The date of your wedding,” hedged Grandmother. “It’s the same as that Baker’s son’s wedding.”

 

Casually shrugging her shoulder, Eunji dried her hands on the towel. “I didn’t realize that.”

 

“It’s a good plan you have there.”

 

Eunji stiffened and averted her Grandmother’s gaze. “What plan?”

 

Snorting slightly her Grandmother shook her head. “You’re forgetting that I used to be a teenager.”

 

Eunji rolled her eyes. You were never a teenager.

 

“Make him regret that he left you,” Grandmother nodded her head in approval. “Once he sees you in another man’s arms he’ll surely regret hurting you.”

 

Eunji met her Grandmother’s gaze. “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” before coolly walking out the door.


 

LET ME JUST CLARIFY THAT EUNJI IS NOT USING L.JOE TO MAKE ONEW JEALOUS.

Onew might get jealous, but that’s not Eunji’s intention—Just thought I should clarify that ^__^