Jonghyun's plan: Three Steps to Success

Master of Disguise

STEP ONE: Get rid of L.Joe

Jonghyun cleared his throat and ruffled up his hair, trying to mess it up. He then took out his eyeliner, applied a thin layer under his eyes and smudged it-making it look as if he had dark circles under his eyes.

I’m ready.

Taking a deep breath in, Jonghyun barged into L.Joe’s room, his breath coming out in short pants.

“L.Joe—gasp—”

L.Joe glanced up, a startled look on his face. “What’s wrong? Did something happen to Eunji?”

Jonghyun bit back a sharp retort and shook his head. “No—no, there’s a girl—I think her name’s Seohyun—she asked for you—right before—right before she fainted!”

L.Joe shot out of his bed and grabbed Jonghyun arms fear evident in his eyes. “Where the heck is she?”

Jonghyun pointed towards the door. “I-In the garden by the front gate, she was—”

Before Jonghyun even finished his sentence, L.Joe had scrambled out the room and was rushing towards the place Jonghyun had described.

Jonghyun smirked and took out his phone. “Thanks baby, you were completely right about this Seohyun chic. How about a date on Thursday? It’s okay Taecyeon won’t know. Bye Yoona.”

Jonghyun hung up, a smug smile on his face. It’s like taking candy from a baby.

He took out his eye drops, applied a couple drops in each eye, and head straight for Eunji’s room.

STEP TWO: Trap Eunji

“E-Eunjin-ah,” Jonghyun burst into Eunji’s room, ‘tears’ streaming down his face.

Eunji, not bothering to look up from her laptop, mumbled. “Hmm, what is it?”

“I—I—” Jonghyun broke off and let out a series of sobs. “W—Why?”

Eunji, still not looking up, muttered noncommittally. “What do you want?”

Jonghyun’s eyes tightened angrily as he grabbed a pillow off the bed and chucked it at her. Look up!

Eunji glanced up in irritation. “What the hell do you—”

“WAHHHH! WHAT SHOULD I DO?” Jonghyun threw his arms around Eunji and started to ‘sob’ uncontrollably.

“Dude, watch it.” hissed Eunji carefully placing her laptop on the table.

Jonghyun pulled back and gazed miserably at Eunji. “E-Eunjin, please help me…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunji glanced cynically into the school’s cold storage room. “You’re sure your pet frog ran in here?”

Jonghyun sniffed. “Yes, he started hoping like crazy—and—and he started chasing a—umm—a fly! Yes he stared chasing a fly into the cold room.”

Eunji raised her eyebrows in disbelief. “He chased a fly into the cold room?”

Jonghyun glared at her. “Yes, now go get it!”

Eunji stared at him. “You want me to get the fly?”

“NO!” Burst Jonghyun, “The frog! Go get my frog.”

Eunji snorted. “You get it.”

Jonghyun pouted. “B-But I’m allergic to cold things.”

What?”

Jonghyun nodded innocently and took out a piece of paper. “See, my doctor even gave me a prescription for it.”

Eunji snickered. “Are you retarded? That’s medicine for the flu and NOT for your allergy.”

“But the cold makes you get the flu.” Jonghyun retorted sassily.

“But—”

“JUST GET IT!” Exploded Jonghyun, his patience wearing thin.

Eunji blew the bangs off her face. “Fine, but you owe me one.”

Eunji carefully limped into the dark room, her eyes darting back and forth. “Jonghyun, where did you say the frog leaped off—CRAP!”

With a loud BANG Jonghyun slammed the door to the cold cellar shut, effectively trapping Eunji inside.

“YAH JONGHYUN, GET ME OUT!”

Jonghyun smiled triumphantly and walked out the school’s kitchen. “Now all I have to do is get Onew…”

STEP THREE: Get Onew

“ONEW YOU NEED TO HELP!” Jonghyun burst into the library; his eyes landing on the man huddled in the corner, his head buried in his textbook.

“Shh!” hissed the elderly librarian sending Jonghyun a glare.

Onew glanced up, his eyes swollen and puffy. “What is it Jonghyun-ah?”

“It’s Eunjin,” he whispered breathlessly.

Onew’s face twisted at the sound of her name and he quickly averted his gaze. “What about Eunjin?”

“He’s trapped in the kitchen cellar!”

Onew’s head snapped up, concern flashing in his eyes. “The cold cellar?”

Jonghyun eagerly nodded his gaze. “He’s ankle is also twisted, so he can’t get out on his own.”

Onew shot out of seat, but a sudden thought popped into his mind and he stilled. “Why aren’t you asking L.Joe to help him?”

“I don’t know where L.Joe is!” Snapped Jonghyun, growing frustrated. “Are you gonna help Eunjin or not?”

Onew bit his lower lip, debating on what to do.

“I guess Eunjin doesn’t really mean anything to you.” Challenged Jonghyun, his eyes tightening into slits.

Onew’s eyes tightened and a determined look crossed his face. “She means everything to me.” Before turning on his heel and running out the library.

Jonghyun let out a relieved sigh. Thank god that worked.

Jonghyun started following after Onew when he suddenly stilled. She?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Eunji-ah?” Whispered Onew, walking into the dark—and cold—cellar.

The open cellar door provided just enough light for Onew to see what was in front of him. Did she get hurt? What if she fainted?

A sudden loud BANG interrupted his thoughts and without warning the entire room became pitch black.

“EUNJI?” Onew’s voice rose, his heart beating painfully fast. Where is she?

“Ugh.”

Onew’s ears perked as a small moan was heard.

Eunji!

Onew blindly rushed towards the sound, his eyes not yet adjusting to the darkness in the room and crashed straight into something—or someone.

“OW!”

“Ugh!”

Onew blinked twice, letting his eyes adjust. “Eunji-ah?”

A startled sound escaped the latter’s mouth and she peered at Onew. “Onew what the heck are you doing here?”

A look of relief flashed in Onew’s eyes. “You’re okay.”

Eunji looked taken back. “O-Of course I’m fine, why wouldn’t I be?”

Onew glanced around the dark room and then back at her. “Jonghyun said—”

Jonghyun!” She hissed, her eyes tightening into slits. “He’s behind this.”

Onew blinked twice. “You mean you’re not actually hurt?”

Eunji shook her head. “Nope.”

Onew groaned and rubbed the back of his head. “I can’t believe I fell for his trick. The moment he said that you were hurt I came rushing—”

Onew suddenly broke off and flushed a dark shade of red.

Eunji cleared and awkwardly glanced around. “We might as well start looking for a way—”

“Eunji-ah.” The intense look in Onew’s gaze stopped the words in Eunji’s mouth.

Onew slowly smiled and a gentle look filled his eyes. “I’m glad you’re not really hurt.”

Eunji averted her gaze and abruptly stood up. “I-I’m still not talking to you.”

Onew watched Eunji limp away, a tender smile on his face. She’s okay.

“Let’s look for a way out together.” Called Onew, following after her. 

 


 

 

GYAH >///< Jonghyun your plan worked~!

 

 

 

*giggle* Onew take care of Eunji, okay? Hehe ^^