Surprise, Surprise

Master of Disguise

"I'm here!" I stood in front of my new dorm room...

At an all-boys school.

Where I was dressed like a guy.

Confused?

Well let me take you back exactly one week ago.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Dad, this is my senior year. I should get more freedom." I whined.

 

"Eunji, do you realize how many strings I had to pull just for you? For the past three years I've given you your “freedom”, but you've abused that privilege. Eunji, if you're going to do something stupid then simply don't get caught!"

 

I glared at him. "So do you want me to call you daddy or is it going to be Headmaster now?" I muttered sarcastically.

 

He cocked his head thoughtfully. "Headmaster will be fine.” He then quickly added. “You know Eunji it’s not a bad school, I graduated from it. At Kangshin Academy we were taught and disciplined on how to become real men!"

 

"But I'm a girl! Why on earth would I need to learn how to become a man?"

 

He scratched his head thoughtfully. "That's not the point sweetie. The point is that I don't trust you. You've gotten into too much trouble, and Kangshin academy will definitely straighten that up!" and with that he was out the door.

 

"Dad," I called out, running after him. "I'm a girl, isn't it bad for me to be around so many guys? What if I lose my feminine identity?"

 

My dad sighed and turned around.

 

"Mulan survived, didn't she?"

 

"Are you seriously comparing me to a Disney character?"

 

"Come on, she's your favourite! You know what? I'll even buy you a sword, that way you'll be able to chop off your hair, just like she did!"

 

I rolled my eyes, "Stop being so dramatic! Do you really think grandma would want her only granddaughter to have short hair?" Ha! Take that dad!

 

He winced, scratching his head. Pfft-It's funny seeing a 40 year old man that’s scared of his mom. "Fine, wear a wig! As long as you look like a guy, I really don't care."

 

My eyed widened, "What about the guys there? Aren't you worried that one of them might...you know...harass me?"

 

"You’re probably right. You're skinny, short, have no muscles- you'd fit perfectly in a locker." He glanced at his watch and sighed impatiently. "Listen Eunji, I'm running late. I expect to see you settled in at your new dorm by 12:00 PM sharp. Hugs and kisses" he quickly got into his car and drove away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I hesitantly touched the wig that I wore, took a deep breath, this is it, and shoved the door to my room open.

 

Inside was a very shirtless guy. My eyes widened. I gasped and quickly turned around, covering my eyes. Eunji you're a man, so act like one.

 

I took a couple of deep breaths, and turned around forcing on a smile.

 

"Hey," he said nodding his head. His strawberry-blonde hair fell over his eyes, almost covering them.

 

"Hey," I squeaked out. He gave me a funny look. Dammit, I forgot to do the guy voice.

 

I tried again, but this time I deepened my voice, which only made things worse. "Hey."

 

He rolled his eyes, but smiled at me. "You must be Headmaster Kim's son right? I'm L.Joe. Our rooms got switched up, you live in 142 now."

 

"Oh..." I muttered feeling a sudden surge of disappointment. "Which way is that?"

 

"Up the stairs, and down the hall, you can't miss it." He instructed.

 

I sighed, picked up my luggage and followed his directions. I threw the door to my room open and glanced around.

 

There was nothing out of the ordinary. Two beds, a desk, yellow walls-the only thing that I liked- and a very large closet that had a huge Webcam installed it...?

 

"How are you liking your room?" Asked a voice coming from the Webcam.

 

I immediately recognized the voice and glared at the Webcam. "Do you always stalk your students father?"

 

He chuckled. "I prefer to call it visual observation-"

 

"Headmaster Kim's son?" interrupted a man, slamming the door to my room open.

 

The guy looked me up and down. "Your name?" he snapped.

 

My eyes widened and I blanked out, "Umm..."

 

"How about L.Joe?" Whispered dad.

 

"No, that's my ex-roommate's name!" I hissed.

 

"But it's a really nice name," argued dad.

 

"I don't want my name to be L.Joe!"

 

Secretary Dong raised his eyebrows, "I didn’t ask for your roommate’s name."

 

"No, I am L.Joe!" yelled my dad.

 

"So you are L.Joe?"

 

"No!" I practically yelled.

 

"I wonder what the“L” stands for. Lee, Lang, maybe Lou?" Muttered Dad.

 

"Aish, just shut up!"

 

"Excuse me?" Hissed Secretary Dong.

 

 "Achoo!" Sneezed dad.

 

"Achoo?"

 

"Gesund Heit!" Laughed dad, "ah, I kill myself!"

 

Secretary Dong huffed in frustration. "Headmaster Kim was right about you."

 

"Eh? What did he say?" Aish what did dad get me into?

 

Secretary Dong opened his mouth, ready to further humiliate me, but his cell phone rang.

 

"Hello, headmaster? Yes, I just met your son. His name is Eunjin? Why couldn’t he just say so?" Secretary Dong's voice trailed off as he left my room.

 

I collapsed on the bed that was close.

 

I sniffed my shirt, Ugh-Just because I look like a guy, doesn't mean I have to smell like one. I quickly took off my shirt and grabbed a new one.

 

"Ahg-" I yelled as the front door was thrown open.

 

I quickly used the shirt in my hands to cover myself.

 

"Agh!" yelled the intruder. "What the hell is your problem?"

 

"Sorry “man” you surprised me."

 

He gave me a disgusted look, "Sure whatever. What's wrong with your voice?"

 

I slowly inched away, trying to put my shirt on "Umm, going through puberty?"

 

He snorted "You're 18, and you just hit puberty?"

 

Yes! I got the shirt on. "Yeah...I'm late bloomer."

 

"A late what?" he asked in confusion. He then quickly shook his head and mumbled "whatever."

 

When he bent down to unpack his things, I quickly checked out his profile.

 

He had soft, honey coloured hair that matched well with his light complexion. His eyes were so small that if he smiled they would probably vanish. He had brown captivating eyes, a slim yet nice built, and a sharp well defined Adam's apple. This guy was a piece of art-

 

He turned around and caught me starting. I flushed red, but refused to look away.

 

"What are you staring at?" he snapped.

 

"You face," I chuckled deeply "It amuses me," Ha! Take that you-wait what's his name?

 

He sighed and went back to work.

 

"I'm Eunjin by the way...who are you?"

 

"Onew."

 

Right before I could ask him more the front door was, yet again, thrown open.

 

A cute guy, with golden curls quickly ran in, yelling in a cutesy voice, "Onew-issi" and jumped into Onew's arm.

 

Onew's arms tightened around the boy. "I missed you."

 

As the two men hugged deeply, I had a sinking feeling......is my roommate....gay?