Trying to Help

Master of Disguise

“Thanks Eunji-ah,” Onew smiled sweetly as Eunji walked into the kitchen, his heart fluttering happily.

“Aish,” Jihyun had a troubled look on her face as she quickly scurried after her.

Onew’s smile vanished as he locked eyes with the man sitting in front of him.

His eyes tightened dangerously as he sent L.Joe a dark look. “Buddy you lay on hand on her…”

L.Joe’s eyebrows rose in amusement. “Are you threatening me now Onew?”

Onew crossed his arms over his chest. “What if I am?”

L.Joe chuckled quietly as he leaned back in his chair. “Eunji’s rubbing off on you.”

Onew’s shoulder’s fell and he slumped in his seat. “At least she knows how to be intimidating.”

“Yeah,” L.Joe’s smile softened. “That’s what I like about her.”

Onew went rigid, and he sent L.Joe a weary look. “You don’t actually like like her, right?”

L.Joe sighed dramatically and glanced at the ceiling. “What if I do like her? What are you going to do about it?”

Onew’s eyebrows scrunched together as he searched his blank mind for something to say.

L.Joe caught his frustrated look and started laughing. “Aigoo, Eunji wasn’t kidding about how fun it is to tease you.”

All the air escaped Onew’s lips. “Yah! I actually believed you for a second there.”

L.Joe’s face sobered up. “Sorry, but it’s pretty obvious that Eunji forced me into this.”

Onew’s eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. “What do you mean she forced—?”

L.Joe sighed. “I guess I’m over exaggerating a bit, aren’t I? She asked me to help out and I said yes.”

“With what?”

“She wanted me to pretend to be her fiancée.”

Onew’s eyebrows rose in surprised. “And you said yes? Just like that?”

L.Joe dropped his gaze. “Yup, Eunji has that effect on people.”

Onew awkwardly glanced away, his mind spinning with thoughts.

“She has some sort of crazy plan to break off your marriage with Jihyun, crazy girl.”

Onew glanced up in surprise. “She’s trying to break it off?”

L.Joe nodded his head bitterly. “She’s trying hard not to show it, but it’s really bothering her.”

Onew frustrated ran his hand through his hair. I should have known it would hurt her, I’m such an idiot.

“There has to be something that I can do,” he whispered in agitation.

“Can’t you just tell Jihyun that you love someone else?”

Onew slumped in his chair. “It’s not that easy, I tried.”

“Why don’t you just make Jihyun break up with you?”

An idea, so clever yet so crazy, popped into Onew’s mind.

Onew’s eyes widened and he started at L.Joe in astonishment. “That’s it!”

L.Joe glanced at him quizzing. “What’s it?”

And Onew tackled him to the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you crazy?” Hissed Eunji, pressing the cold ice pack against Onew’s bruised black eye.

“Ow! That hurts,” whimpered Onew, squirming on his bed.

“Good!” Grumbled Eunji in annoyance as she removed the ice pack and gently started to dab a wet cloth over his black eye.

Their room, as usual, was quiet. After Grandmother had walked in on the two boys tackling each other, she nearly fainted. Eunji had to take her upstairs to her room, promising to get rid of those two horrid cavemen immediately.

“Thank you Eunji-ah,” Cooed Onew smiling sweetly at her.

Eunji threw him a hateful look. “Why on earth did you tackle L.Joe? I mean, I’m not at annoyed that Grandmother was pissed, heck her face expression was priceless, but what did L.Joe do?”

Onew’s smile disappeared and he nodded his head as if having deciding on something.

“Eunji-ah,” Onew winced as he started to sit up.

“What do you think you’re doing?” snapped Eunji, placing her hands on his chest and gently pushing him back onto his bed. “You’re hurt.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Onew’s eyes flashed in defiance as he placed his hands over Eunji’s and held them tightly. “Because you have been hurting this whole entire time, and I was too stupid to notice it”

Eunji snorted aloud. “What are you talking about? You’re the one with bruises all over.”

Onew heaved himself into sitting position and started Eunji in the eyes. “I’m talking about my marriage with Jihyun.”

Eunji averted her gaze as she yanked her hand out of his grip and picked up the discarded ice pack off the ground. “I told you not to worry about that, I’ll deal with it.”

Onew let out a frustrated sigh. “That’s the problem, you can’t solve this on your own; you need help.”

Eunji raised her eyebrows. “How is tackling L.Joe and getting hurt, supposed to help me?”

Onew adorably crossed his hand over his chest and held his head up high. “It is.”

“Amuse me.”

Onew flushed as Eunji sat on the edge of his bed, arms folded over her chest.

“Well you see, by tackling L.Joe to the floor I had accomplished two things. The first thing was that your grandmother was annoyed by L.Joe and called him a “cave man”, the second—”

“She called you a caveman too.” Interrupted Eunji, her lower lip twitching into a smile.

Onew pouted, “Yah, let me finish! The second thing that I accomplished was that I made myself look like a violent guy in front of Jihyun and that will make not want to marry me.”

Eunji blinked twice, letting his words sink in.

“So,” Onew nervously peered at her. “What do you think?”

Eunji, not being able to hold it in, burst into laughter.

“HAHAHA, oh Onew, you are just so—” Eunji whipped some tears off her face. “That was the craziest plan I have ever heard.”

Onew’s lower lip jutted out and his shoulders slumped in dejection.

Eunji’s laughter faded and she pulled Onew into a light hug. “Sorry, I wasn’t laughing at your plan Onew. It’s just that it was so—”

“Stupid?” Mumbled Onew.

“—Cute.” Finished Eunji, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

Onew blushed and shyly fiddled with his hands. “But was it helpful?”

Eunji pursed her lips in thought. “Hmm, it could be.”

Onew’s face lite up, so Eunji quickly added. “But I think you should leave the planning to me, just so we avert these problems.”

Onew cocked his head to the side. “What problems?”

Eunji tapped him lightly on the nose. “You being clumsy and hurting yourself.”

Onew laughed aloud and yanked Eunji into his arms, holding her in a tight hug.

“Y-Yah, I thought you were hurt.”

“I am,” mumbled Onew, pressing his lips against her forehead. “That’s why I’m hugging you. If I were to hug you at any other time, you would hit me.”

Eunji’s laughter filled the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunji slowly slid off Onew’s bed, making sure not to wake him up. She reached for his blanket and covered him, a soft smile on her face. How can a guy be so cute?

With a gentle smile on her face, she slipped out of the room, feeling more determined than ever to make things work with Onew.

A quick glance at her watch told her that it was 11:30 PM.

Good, he shouldn’t be asleep.

Without knocking, she walked into her friend’s room, and smiled when she saw him sitting on his bed, sketching things down onto his notebook.

“You’re finally here?” he said, not looking up from his notebook.

“You got my text?”

 

Jonghyun glanced up, a wicked look in his eyes. “This is going to be one crazy week.”


HE’S BACK >.<

I honestly missed my Jjongie <33 he’s just a big part of my story (was going to say life, but oh well)

I also REALLY missed you guys, no seriously I did. Thanks to all of your support, I managed to survive my exam season ^.^ I’m still alive, right? <333

So back to the story, ONEW IS THE CUTEST FUR-BALL OUT THERE. (Why am I calling him a fur-ball? Because fur is fluffy, and so is he).

Things will progress more in the following chapters, this one was more of an intro to the upcoming ones.

So yeah a bit more OnewxEunji fluff before hell freezes over >.>

 I love these idiots xD


Thanks again guys <33

Xoxoxo