Lies and Broken Hands

Master of Disguise

 

Onew,” I hissed, trying to get his attention.

Onew, who was sitting in the seat in front of me, stiffened. He was unusually engrossed in today’s calculus lecture.

Yeah, derivatives are such an interesting topic. I thought sarcastically.

Not being able to control myself, I grabbed my eraser and chucked it at Onew’s head. Bull’s eyes!

Onew winced and rubbed the back of his head; and to my great dissatisfaction he didn’t turn around.

My eyes tightened. This guy is hiding something from me.

I suddenly stood up, slamming my hands down on the desk, causing everyone in class to yelp in surprise. Twenty one pair of eyes, including Onew’s, started at me in shock.

“Onew what the heck is your problem?” I hissed, glaring at him.

Onew blinked twice, startled by my outburst.

“Mr. Kim,” growled Mr. Chan. “Please see me after class.”

I jutted my lip out and angrily sat back down, stubbornly folding my arms over my chest.

“As I was saying, to solve X you need to…”

I tuned Mr. Chan out and glared at the back of Onew’s head. “Thanks a lot.”

Onew’s lip twitched upwards, fighting a smile.

He slowly turned in his seat and flashed me an exasperated smile. “What was so important that you—”

“Mr. Jinki, please see me after class.” Snapped Mr. Chan, glaring our way.

Onew flushed red. “Sorry Mr. Chan.”

I giggled quietly. I guess my plan worked after all.

A piece of scrunched up paper was suddenly thrown onto my desk.

I glanced around and met Jonghyun’s amused eyes.

I picked up the paper and unfolded it. Inside Jonghyun wrote.

Trying to keep Onew with you at all time? Even in detention? ^.^ Keke”

When I looked back, Jonghyun was wiggling his eyebrows at me suggestively. 

I rolled my eyes at him, but smiled. I'm looking forward to talking with Onew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So where were you last night?” I asked, shuffling out of Mr. Chan’s office.

Onew’s lips tightened. “I honestly don’t want to talk about it.”

I raised an eyebrow. “It can’t be that bad. Besides I thought you liked hanging out with your dad.”

“I love my dad but—” Onew suddenly broke off and muttered. “It’s complicated.”

“Try me.”

Onew hesitantly bit his lower lip.

I smiled patiently. “You don’t have to tell me now, you could always—”

“A date.” Onew blurted out, blushing furiously.

“What?”

“I-I want to go on a date with you.” He mumbled, his face heating up.

I blinked twice, taken back and a little flustered by his bluntness. “Umm, sure but when—?”

“Now.”

I stared at Onew dumbfounded for a second. “O-Okay, but where do you want to go?”

A smile suddenly broke across Onew’s face. “Anywhere.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The beach?” I asked in surprised, staring at the beautiful dark-blue ocean in front of me. Too bad the sun is setting; the beach always looks nicer in the morning.

“I think the beach is better at sunset,” murmured Onew, answering my silent question. “When there isn’t anyone here.”

“Do you come here often?”

Onew smiled tenderly, a faraway look in his eyes. “I come here when I’m upset.”

“Then I hope you don’t come here often.” I mumbled, blushing.

Onew’s eyes softened and slowly he stepped out of his shoes, enjoying the feel of the warm sand on his bare foot.

“Enjoying yourself?” I teased, hurriedly taking my shoes off. Mmm, the sand is so warm.

Onew nudged me forwards as he started walking along the shoreline, the water brushing over his bare feet.

“Woow, the water feels so cool and refreshing compared to the hot sand.” I exclaimed, staring at my feet in wonder.

Onew let out a startled laugh. “I used to think so too. My mom used to being me here all the time when I was a kid.”

At the mention of his mom, Onew’s face suddenly darkened.

I looked away. How do I cheer this guy up? I’m terrible when it comes to talking about emotional things.

A sudden and very mischievous idea popped into my head.

I pretended to trip over my own feet and fall into the water. “AH!”

This better work, I didn’t get wet for nothing.

Onew abruptly turned around and stared at me in concern. “Are you okay?”

I laughed aloud and nodded my head. “Looks like your clumsiness is catching on.”

Onew smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. He stretched his hand out, offering to help me up. What a gentleman.

I smiled innocently in response and placed my hand into his.

Suddenly, and without hesitation, I yanked Onew forwards, causing him to land face-first into the water.

“Y-Yah!” Onew stared at me in shock.

I giggled and splashed him.

“Pabo,” I sang teasingly.

A predatory smile formed on Onew’s face and he wiggled his fingers at me. “You missy, are in big trouble.”

I let out a squeal as Onew started chasing me. “You can’t get me!”

 And for the time being, neither of us thought about the trouble that awaited us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ugh I’m soaked!” I stomped my foot on the ground, causing more water to gush out of my shoe.

 Onew chuckled. “That makes both of us.”

I causally glanced at Onew and did a double take. His red shirt clung to his body, emphasizing his structure. His hair was covered in tiny tiny pellets of water, which looked like crystals dangling from his hair. 

My face warmed up. How can someone look so good after rolling around in the sand?

Onew looked up, and caught my stare.

I blushed and ducked my head, trying to change the topic.

“Everyone here is giving us weird looks.” I mumbled, feeling self-conscious as Onew and I walked down the street.

“Let them look.” Onew shrugged a smile on his lips.

I rolled my eyes. Of course it doesn’t look weird; I just look like another guy hanging out with a friend.

“Thank you.”

I cocked my head in confusion. “For what?”

He smiled lightly. “For cheering me up.”

I rolled my eyes. “I was doing myself a favor. No one likes a grumpy Onew.”

Onew chuckled and leaned forwards, ruffling my hair affectionately.

I teasingly swatted his hand away. “Careful! We wouldn’t want the wig to fall off—”

“Eunjin?”

I stopped moving and twirled around, finding myself looking at a familiar face. “L.Joe?”

L.Joe’s face broke into a smile. “Hey, what brings you here?”

Onew raised an eyebrow. “Shouldn’t we be asking you that?”

L.Joe laughed lightly. “I was visiting an art exhibition.”

“Was Seohyun also at the art exhibition?” I blurted.

L.Joe’s face paled. “H-How did you know that she can draw?”

“She mentioned it last time,” I fibbed smoothly.

L.Joe let out an awkward laugh. “S-she wasn’t in this art show because she broke her arm.”

Onew winced, taking pity on the girl. “That’s too bad.”

“Yeah,” I mumbled distractedly. I saw Seohyun, just yesterday, and her arm looked fine to me. Did she break it today?

“Are you guys still dating?” asked Onew, filling in the awkward silence.

“No,” he murmured, a sad look crossing his face.

“Do you wanna walk back with us?” I asked, staring at L.Joe suspiciously.

Onew lightly jabbed me in the back, not happy with the idea of L.Joe joining us.

L.Joe slowly shook his head. “I have something that I—”

“L-Lee Byunghun?” exclaimed a voice from a distance.

L.Joe stiffened and cursed.

He sent me an apologetic look. “Sorry Eunjin, but I have to go.”

Without looking back, L.Joe quickly walked into a side road, vanishing from site.

“Lee Byunghun!” The girl called out again, running towards us.

As she came closer, her face became more visible. Seohyun!

I quickly turned around, hiding my face. She might recognize me from last night.

Seohyun’s steps slowed down and she glanced helplessly around.

Her shoulders slumped in defeat.

“Why does he keep avoiding me?” she whispered.

Dejectedly, Seohyun turned around and headed back the way that she had come from.

Onew and I glanced at each other, confusion evident on both of our faces.

“What just happened?” Mumbled Onew, staring quizzing around him.

“I’m not sure.” 

But I am sure of one thing.

Seohyun’s hand is NOT broken.

 


 

^.^ Tsk tsk tsk, looks like L.Joe was…lying? I wonder why? Hmmm…? Our L.Joe is acting awfully suspicious wouldn’t you say so?

LOL I can imagine Onew and Eunji casually strolling down the beach, like an old couple. So cute~ Aigoo so much will happen in the following chapters! Fun for me…but not so much fun for them.

 

Thanks for all the support guys >///< 

Have a great week~

Xoxoxo

Miss-Sweetheart