Brainstorming A Plan

Master of Disguise

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING?”

Eujin’s hand froze over the door’s handle and her eyes tightened into slits. “Is there a problem Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun shot out of his seat and scurried to where Eunjin stood by the door. “Y-You’re not going to leave me again, are you?”

Eunji snorted in response. “Kim Jonghyun I do NOT need to tell you where I’m going.”

Jonghyun sniffed dramatically. “You ARE leaving me. You don’t even care about me, or about Key, or about Onew, or—or—”

Eunji grabbed the front of Jonghyun’s shirt and hissed, “I’m going to go to the washroom.”

Jonghyun froze and cleared his throat. “Well, I'm gonna join you, just to make sure—”

“Jonghyun you will go to the cafeteria and wait there like a good little boy, or I’ll really disappear,” threatened Eunji, glaring at Jonghyun.

Pursing his lips thoughtfully, Jonghyun nodded his head. “I don’t think you’ll try escaping right now.”

Rolling her eyes, Eunjin walked out the door.

“Yah Kim Eunjin,” Jonghyun yelled after her. “I'm watching you.”

Eunji froze and threw him a disgusted look.

Jonghyun winced and scratched his head thoughtfully. "Erm, I mean YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM ME!"

"You don’t know how much I hate you," mumbled Key rushing after Eunji, one hand tightly wrapped around his stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Where is he?” Grumbled Jonghyun, tapping his finger impatiently on the cafeteria table.

“Where is who?” Mumbled Taemin, taking a large bite out of his egg salad sandwich.

Jonghyun glanced at Onew—who was staring blankly at his soup—and then back at Taemin. “You know. He-who-can’t-be-named.

Taemin raised his brows. “You’re looking for Voldermort?”

Minho’s eyes widened and he clamped his hand over Taemin’s mouth. “Yah, you’re not supposed to say his name.”

Key weakly rolled his eyes.

Jonghyun groaned, and rubbed his temples. Lord help me.

 “Yah Taemin, you know who—”

“Hey isn’t that Eunjin?” Blurted Taemin, shaking off Minho’s hand.

Onew’s head snapped up, a startled look on his face. “What?”

Jonghyun face palmed himself. Aww crap.

Onew straightened up in his seat; his eyes furiously scanning the cafeteria for her.

“Taemin, where did you see—”

Onew’s words died in his throat as a figure stepped in front of him, blocking his view.

“Eunji-ah,” Onew shot out of his seat, his eyes wide with disbelief. You came back.

Eunji’s stared back at him impassively, no emotion showing on her face.

“You got hurt,” Onew whispered softly, his eyes trailing the bruises on her face.

Completely ignoring him, Eunji turned to the man standing behind her and smiled. “Let’s sit outside.”

L.Joe glanced at Onew’s stricken expression before nodding his head and following after her.

Onew sank down in his seat, his face pale.

 “H-He ditched me,” whispered Jonghyun awe struck.

“Jonghyun…” Warned Key.

“No, he left me for him,” hissed Jonghyun shooting daggers at L.Joe’s back.

Key pinched Jonghyun. “Pabo.”

“Ow what the—?”

“He’s in pain.” Interrupted Key, gazing sadly at Onew.

Jonghyun glanced at Onew and flinched.

Onew gazed blankly at the ground, his lower lip trembled painfully and his fisted hand rested numbly over his chest.

Why does my chest hurt so much?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Is everything okay with Onew?”

Eunji rolled her eyes as she sat on the bench. “Yeah, why wouldn’t it?”

L.Joe shrugged. “He just seemed really pale back there.”

Eunjin shrugged and plopped a cherry into . “Could be the flu.”

L.Joe raised his eyebrows before hitting her lightly on the head. “Yah Kim Eunji, stop acting around me. I know you care about him.”

Eunji’s hands turned into fists but her face remained impassive.

Chuckling slightly L.Joe poked her cheek. “Aigoo, Eunji’s hiding something from me.”

Eunji’s lips twitched into a smile. “Yah L.Joe don’t you ever give up?”

L.Joe gazed at her seriously. “Giving up is for people who have something to lose. Since I don’t have anything to lose, I won’t give up.”

Rolling her eyes slightly, Eunji smirked. “That’s what you think.”

“What do you mean?”

Smiling deviously, Eunji tapped her head, “I’m about to give you something that you won’t ever want to lose.”

L.Joe raised an eyebrow, amusement shining in his eyes. “You’re sure about that?”

“Oh yes,” nodding her head, Eunji pulled out her notebook. “You just don’t know it yet.”

Feeling intrigued, L.Joe leaned forward, his eyes landing on the map that Eunji had drawn in her book.

Eunji’s eyes twinkled mischievously. “This is what’s going to happen…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“He’s trying to seduce Eunjin!” growled Jonghyun, starting down at the two men through his binoculars.

“Jonghyun…” The warning in Key’s voice went unnoticed by Jonghyun.

“He—He’s touching Eunjin’s cheek!”

Key pinched the bridge of his nose. “Yah Kim Jonghyun, you’re acting like Eunjin’s your boyfriend.”

Jonghyun flushed and lowered his binoculars. “No, I'm just making sure Eunjin doesn’t cheat on Hyung.”

“Technically Eunjin isn’t cheating on Onew,” stated Key, picking at his nails. “Because they’re no longer together.”

Jonghyun lower lip jutted out and he dejectedly slumped down on his bed. “Bummie, I’m sick of this.”

Key distractedly nodded his head. “Yeah, I’m sick of you too.”

Jonghyun’s eyebrows scrunched together. “I wish we could force them to talk things through.”

Key snorted. “What are you going to do? Lock them up in a room together?”

Jonghyun’s face lit up and he snapped his finger. “That’s it!”

Key glanced at him in astonishment. “I was only joking.”

Jonghyun, who was giddy with excitement, grabbed a pencil and paper and jotted down a series of ideas.

“You look crazy,” commented Key, watching Jonghyun scribble a bunch of things down.

“Behind every crazy man,” muttered Jonghyun. “Is a genius.”

Getting slightly impatient, Key blurted. “Yah Jonghyun what are you—?”

“This is what we’re going to do.” Interrupted Jonghyun, holding up a paper with a large heart drawn on it.

Key raised his eyebrows skeptically, “It took you that long to draw a heart?”

Smiling patiently Jonghyun shook his head. “No, this is my plan to get those love-birds back together again.”

“And that is…?”

Rolling his eyes, Jonghyun pointed toward his sketch. “We’re going to…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you sure this will work?” Blurted L.Joe when Eunjin finished explaining her plan.

“Positive.”

L.Joe stared at her doubtfully. “And this is going to help me, how?”

“Just do it!”

L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Fine, fine!”

Taking a deep breath in L.Joe took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Mom? Yeah, it’s me Byunghyun. Could you please come to Le Merci restaurant today at 6? It’s a surprise. Okay? See you then. Love you. Bye.”

L.Joe hung up, an exasperated look on his face. “I don’t know how any of this is gonna help.”

“Don’t be such a cry baby,” teased Eunji, pulling out her phone and dialing a number.

 “Oh Grandmother, it’s me.”

“Of course I know it’s you. I have caller ID.”

Eunji winced at her Grandmother’s sharp tone.

“Grandmother there’s something I need to tell you.”

“Well honey spit it out, we don’t have all day.”

Tonight,” stressed Eunji. “I need you to come to the Le Merci restaurant at 6.”

“Le Merci? Whatever for?”

Clenching her teeth, Eunji forcedly relied. “Because there is someone I want you to meet.”

There was a slight pause at the other end, followed by a crisp, “Fine.”

“Okay, see you then.”

Eunji hung up, a victorious smile spreading on her face.

“Phase one, complete.”

 

 

I know, I know—Eunji was TOO cruel to Onew *sigh* but it’s out of my hands, apparently she has a ‘plan’ to fix things up; a plan that involves introducing L.Joe to her grandmother? Hmmm…