Surprise Guest

Master of Disguise

“Yah Kim Eunjin, stop giggling like a girl.”

 

Eunji snapped her locker shut, an annoyed look on her face. “For your information Jonghyun, I was not giggling, I was getting my science textbook for next week’s exam.”

 

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows in disbelief. “Yes you were. You had this idiotic smile on your face and you tried hiding it with the locker door, but I saw it all.”

 

Jonghyun placed both his hands on his cheeks and let out a high pitched giggle. “Ommo, Onew is so cute, he is so dreamy. Kyahhh!”

 

Eunji’s face flushed red as students walking past him in the hallway stopped and exchanged startled looks.

 

Jonghyun turned to them with and unleashed some of his cute—yet very disturbing— agyeo. “Onew is such a cute goofball, I love hiding my head in my locker and giggling about how cute he—OW!”

 

“You idiot!” hissed Eunji, smacking him on the head with her textbook, a red flush creeping up her neck.

 

“Fine, fine.” Jonghyun rubbed his head, a sheepish look on his face. “Back to the plan…”

 

Eunji picked her bag off the floor and slung it over her shoulder. “Did you call Jihyun yet?”

 

Jonghyun winced. “I knew I was forgetting something.”

 

Eunji gave him a dirty look, “Call her and make plans to go shopping tomorrow,”

 

Jonghyun gave her a looped smile. “Don’t worry. The moment she sees me, she’s going to forget Onew ever existed.”

 

Eunji rubbed her temples in frustration, “You’re supposed to distract her Jonghyun, not seduce her.”

 

Jonghyun waved his hand dismissively, a confident smile on his face. “Same thing,”

 

“Why do I even bother?” mumbled Eunji starting to walk away when something popped in her head.

 

“Ah, Jonghyun.” Eunji turned around, giving Jonghyun a serious look. “You need to make sure that you don’t go to the same mall that I’m going to tomorrow.”

 

Jonghyun took his phone out and started texting someone, a distracted look on his face. “Sure thing, have fun.”

 

“Yah Jonghyun this is important,” snapped Eunji, yanking the phone out of his hands.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he snatched his phone back. “I get it. I won’t go to the mall in Gangnam.”

 

Eunji slowly nodded her head, “I’m counting on you Jonghyun.”

 

Jonghyun sighed dramatically as he stalked past her. “Isn’t everyone?”

 

“What am I getting myself into?” mumbled Eunji walking in the opposite direction to the detention room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello?” Jihyun answered her phone in a hushed voice, glancing around the empty washroom stalls.

 

“Hello there darling, you’re day just got a whole lot better.”

 

Jihyun pulled the phone off her ear, checked the number and whispered, “Who is this?”

 

“A genie. Your wish is my command.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

A sigh was heard, followed by a crisp, “She really is an idiot.”

 

What?”

 

“I’m Jonghyun? Kim Jonghyun? We’re supposed to go shopping tomorrow.”

 

“Oh!” realization dawned on Jihyun and she slowly smiled. “Hey, thank you so much, you don’t know how much I appreciate th—”

 

“Actually I do,” interrupted Jonghyun, sounding exceptionally bored.

 

“Alright,” Excitement pulsed through Jihyun. “Which mall should we go to?”

 

There was a slight pause on the other end where Jonghyun scrunched his eyebrows together. Did Eunjin say that I was supposed to go to Gangnam mall or that I wasn’t supposed to?

 

“Hello? Are you still there?”

 

 “How about Gangnam mall?” I’m pretty sure that’s right.

 

Jihyun nodded her head, “Sure thing. Do you want to meet up at 12?”

 

Jonghyun snickered. “There is no way in hell I’m waking up THAT early, make it 4.”

 

“Oh-Okay,” Jihyun awkwardly scratched her head. “Text me what you’ll be wearing so that I can tell it’s you.”

 

“So I can ruin the surprise? Heck no.”

 

“But how will I be able to tell it’s y—?”

 

Jonghyun chuckled darkly, “oh you’ll know” and hung up.

 

“Hello?” Jihyun stared at the phone in shock. That was exceptionally rude.

 

A sharp knock on the washroom door brought Jihyun back to reality. “Miss Jihyun is everything alright?”

 

“Y-Yes,” Jihyun quickly rearranged her black dress, picked her pink flashy purse off the table and walked towards the door.

 

“Miss,” bowed the overdressed elderly butler in the black suit as Jihyun existed the washroom, “The Mister and the Misses are awaiting your presence.”

 

Jihyun gnawed on her lower lip, debating how to tell them that Onew wasn’t going to be coming to dinner.

 

“They’re not going to be too happy about that,” she mumbled as she took small, reluctant steps towards the dining room.

 

“Oh and the young mister,” announced the waiter as he escorted Jihyun to the dining room. “Is quite charming.”

 

Jihyun’s head snapped up in shock. “He came?”

 

The waiter raised his eyebrows. “But of course, and I must say, you do have exquisite taste.”

 

Jihyun waited for a surge of happiness to fill her, but nothing came.

 

“Aren’t you glad?”

 

“I…I guess so,” murmured Jihyun feeling anything but happy; in fact she even felt a tad bit disappointed.

 

Jihyun slowly made her way to the table, a confused look on her face, and that confusion grew even more when she made eye contact with a pair of very amused brown eyes.

 

“M-Minho?”

 

Minho glanced up, a naturally joyful smile on his face. “Hey.”

 

Jihyun sent her parents a startled look, “Why is he—?”

 

Her mother smiled gently. “Onew couldn’t make it today sweetie, so he sent Minho here to keep you company, wasn’t that thoughtful?”

 

“I-I guess so.” No, not at all actually.

 

“Well don’t just stand there, sit down!” chuckled her father, an amused look on his face.

 

Jihyun numbly made her way to the seat beside Minho, a dazed look on her face.

 

“Allow me.”

 

Minho stood up from his chair and gently pulled Jihyun’s chair out for her, causing a dark red scarlet to appear on her cheeks.

 

“I-I can do that!”

 

Her father raised his eyebrows in concern at his daughter’s odd behaviour, “What’s the matter princess?”

 

Jihyun dropped her gaze and grumbled, “I don’t need his help.”

 

Her mother, not wanting to hurt Minho’s feelings, quickly sent him a reassuring smile. “Don’t take it personally sweetie, but Jihyun here only likes it when Onew does things for her. She’s quite attached to him.”

 

Jihyun resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

 

Minho nodded his head as he sent Jihyun an amused smile, “Will you be able to survive one day without him?”

 

Jihyun’s jaw tightened and, deciding not to make a scene, stomped to her chair and sat down on it.

 

A chuckle escaped Minho’s lips and he quickly covered it with a fake cough.

 

Jihyun turned in her seat and gave him an expectant look, “Well? Aren’t you going to push me in?”

 

Minho’s lower lip twitched upwards and he bowed extravagantly, “I would be honored your highness.”

 

Jihyun let out an impatient sigh as her parents both laughed in amusement. “Whatever.”

 

Minho gently placed his hands on Jihyun’s chair, and leaned forwards whispering in her ear, “Ease up Jihyun, try to have some fun.”

 

Jihyun stiffened.

 

Minho pushed the chair in and whispered, “I know you’re a bit upset that Onew isn’t here—”

 

Not at all actually, I’m upset that YOU’RE here.

 

“—but just for tonight, forget about his royal highness and have some fun.”

 

Jihyun gnawed on her lower lip, debating what he just said. He has a point, I need to relax and stop thinking about this stupid marriage.

 

She suddenly turned in her seat and gave him a once over. “I guess hanging out with you will have to do.”

 

Minho’s lips pulled into a smile, and Jihyun felt hers doing the same.

 

“Just like old times?”

 

“Just like old time.”

 

 


 

Oh god, Jonghyun can you ever NOT screw things up??

Jonghyun cackling evilly in the corner...he does this on purpose I tell you...

And is Eunji going to go check up on Onew in the detention room? Aigooo

Don't get too excited Onew, once she realizes what you've done...you're toast.

That's right you two, be scared...be VERY scared!

And then there's a whole lot of stuff going on with Jihyun and Minho O.O (MINHO KEEP HER AWAY FROM ONEW!!!)