Only You

Master of Disguise

Jihyun stretched her hands out in front of her and smiled brightly, enjoying the warmth that summer brought with it.

Today is a good day to see Onew.

The moment Jihyun had woken up and cracked open her window she just knew that she had to see Onew. Not because she was madly in love with him, heavens no. It was because weather like this was made for couples like them.

Jihyun used to enviously watch couples walk past her on sunny days, holding hands and laughing. Now it was time for Jihyun to walk past them with a smile on her face.

Is it love?

Jihyun’s smile wavered as she tried sorting out her feelings for Onew. Yes, she’d always admired him. He was always happy, always positive, and always kind. When she was around him she felt…safe? Yes that was the word she was looking for.

Onew was safe. He didn’t make her mind spin in confusion, nor did he do things that made her heart beat wildly. Not like how he made her feel.

Jihyun fiercely shook her head, trying to get rid of that last lingering thought. She wasn’t here to think about him, she was here to see Onew.

Speaking of Onew, where was he?

Jihyun stood on her tiptoes and scanned the area in front of the dorms. Jihyun pouted and just as she was about to take out her phone and call him, a guy walked past her catching her attention.

“Excuse me.” Jihyun tentatively called out, causing the guy to stop in his tracks and turn around.

Jihyun gasped as she got a closer look at the guy’s face. The guy’s face was flawless, not a pimple in sight! His face was, dare she say, almost pretty. His cloths were a size too big for him and they fell loosely off his body. His hair was ruffled and messy, giving off a “bad boy” look.

The dark and uninterested look that the guy sent her had Jihyun fiddling with the hem of her short plaid skirt, “I’m kind of lost.”

The snort that came out of the guy’s mouth caught Jihyun off guard. “Can’t help you there.”

 Jihyun gnawed on her lower lip and tried again. “I-I’m looking for Onew.”

The guys suddenly stiffened, a startled look flashed crossed his face before he quickly put on a blank expression.

“I don’t know who you’re talking about.” He answered numbly and turned to go.

Jihyun’s eyes widened. “Wait, please help me. His last name is Lee and he’s this tall, he’s eyes are really small, and he trips over his feet a lot.”

The guy stiffly turned around, an irritated expression on his face. “Who the heck are you?”

Jihyun pinked under the guy’s gaze and rubbed her sweaty hands onto her lap. “Oh right. My name is Jihyun and Onew is my fiancé. If you don’t know where he is I could call him—but he might be busy, oh god I’m babbling now aren’t I? I do that when I’m nervous.”

The guy’s face darkened and he clenched his hands into fists. “You’re Jihyun?”

Jihyun’s face lite up. “You know me?”

The guy took a deep breath in as he massaged his temples. “I’m going to kill him.”

Jihyun cocked her head in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

The guy took a deep breath in, trying to calm himself down, when something moving behind Jihyun caught his attention.

“Well, lookie who we have here,” The guy smiled darkly before throwing his arm roughly around Jihyun’s shoulder and turning her around.

“What are you—?” Jihyun flushed at the intimacy of the move but she was even more surprised to see Onew running towards them, a flustered look on his face.

“Oppa!” Jihyun let out a startled squeal and tried running towards Onew, but the hand on her shoulder held her back.

“Onew,” hissed the guy, forcing a smile onto his face. “Look who dropped by to visit.”

Onew winced and scratched the back of his head. “J-Jihyun what are you doing here?”

Jihyun smiled brightly. “I really missed you Oppa, so I came to visit.”

The guy snorted, his eyes burring with anger and his hand on Jihyun’s shoulder tightened. “Isn’t that cute? She misses you Onew. Would you miss her if she SUDDENLY disappeared?”

Onew’s eyes widened as he heard the underling threat in Eunji’s words. “Eunji-ah please don’t do anything that will get you into trouble.”

Eunji bitterly rolled her eyes and pulled her hand off Jihyun’s shoulder. “What I WANT to do will land me in prison not trouble.”

Onew cracked a smile as Eunji and him shared a humour filled look.

That moment was obviously broken when Jihyun tugged on Onew’s sleeve. “Oppa what are you guys talking about?”

Onew dragged his eyes away from Eunji and gave Jihyun a weak smile. “Nothing you have to worry about.”

Jihyun giggled, “Aww! You’re so sweet; you don’t want me to upset, right?”

And then she did something she SHOULD’NT have done.

Jihyun stood on her tiptoes and planted a kiss on Onew’s cheek. A FIRGG’IN KISS!

THAT was Eunji’s limit; she could tolerate Jihyun pretending to be Onew’s girlfriend and say a bunch of idiotic lovey-dovey words but NO ONE touches Onew without Eunji’s permission. NO ONE.

Eunji angrily pounced on the non-suspecting girl and tackled her to the floor.

“AHH!”

Jihyun let out a startled yelp as she fell onto the hard ground. Eunji who fell on top of her roughly shoved Jihyun’s back against the floor.

“I-AM-GOING-TO-KILL-YOU.”

“Oppa!” Jihyun’s eyes widened in fear at Eunji’s hands started to collect around the girl’s neck.

Onew’s strong arms wrapped around Eunji’s quivering body and yanked her off of Jihyun, before hugging her tightly against his chest.

“LET ME GO! I NEED TO—”

“Shh! It’s okay Eunji-ah, everything is okay,” Onew tightened his hold on Eunji, drawing her firmly against his chest. “Calm down.”

Eunji fiercely shook her head, her eyes locked on Jihyun, who was sprawled on the floor.

“Don’t be angry. That kiss meant nothing to me,” whispered Onew, pressing his lips against Eunji’s ear. “I only love YOU. I only care about YOU. You are the only person who makes my heart go crazy. I don’t see Jihyun or Luna. I only see YOU.”

Somehow those words had a soothing effect on Eunji and she stopped shaking.

“Whatever,” she grumbled weakly shaking off Onew’s grip on her.

Her eyes shifted to Jihyun, who was slowly getting up.

“YOU,” she hissed, pointed at her. “Don’t do that EVER again; or I WILL find you—and that time Onew won’t be there to save your pretty little head.”

Eunji her heel and marched into the dorm room an angry cloud of anger swirling around her.

Onew felt a soft pull on his sleeve and he glanced at Jihyun’s fearful gaze.

“Oppa what the heck just happened?”

Onew let out a nervous laugh and blurted out the first thing that came to mind. “You see there—there was—a—a FROG! That’s right! Eunjin saw a frog on you and wanted to get it off, but that darn thing got away.”

Jihyun’s eyes doubled in size. “A FROG?? ON ME?”

Onew awkwardly scratched the back of his head. “Y-Yeah. He acted impulsively and immediately tackled you. Sorry about that.”

Jihyun slowly nodded her head. “It’s the thought that counts I guess.”

Onew winced; Eunji’s thoughts involved chopping you into tiny little pieces and feeding them to the sharks.

After a moment of silence Jihyun piped up, “Oppa I want to see your room!”

Onew tiredly shook his head. “Jihyun I don’t think that this is such a good time—”

“He’s your room mate right?” Jihyun ignored Onew’s protests and skipped into the building that Eunji had disappeared into.

Onew let out a pained whimper and took out his phone, warning his friends of the upcoming disaster.


 

WHY ONEW WHY?? WHY did you have to pull Eunji off Jihyun. Eunji would have smashed her pretty little head into tiny little pieces. WHHHY??!! But Onew has some skills though! I’m pretty sure if anyone else had tried to calm Eunji down they would have gotten badly hurt—that just goes to show that Eunji loves Onew ><

---On a side note: I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS UBER LATE UPDATE! I was going to update 5 days ago, BUT the computer shut down and MY ENTIRE chapter was unsaved TT__TT I was very upset about it, but to make it up to you guys, I’ll update again in 2-3 days!)

 

 

 

 

                         

 

 

^^Imagine HIM hugging you THAT tightly and telling you that YOU'RE his only special girl <333 *GYAAAAAAHHHH*