Childhood Friends

Master of Disguise

Why is HE here?

Jihyun stared wide-eyed at Minho, becoming unusually dry.  It’s been four years since she last saw him. Seeing him now, all smiles and charms, brought back some of the feelings that she had worked so hard to bury deep down within her.

“Ji, is that really you?”

Minho peered at Jihyun with a soft smile on his face, memories of his childhood running through his mind.

Jihyun fiddled with the hem of her skirt and repeatedly cleared before bowing slightly, “Y-Yeah, it’s nice to see you again.”

Minho scoffed and waved his hand dismissively over his face. “Yah Ji, don’t be so formal, it’s just me.”

That’s the problem thought Jihyun gnawing on her lower lip. “Sorry.”

Minho flashed a quick smile, causing Jihyun’s heart to skip a beat. “Cute. By the way, did you just come back from Switzerland?”

Jihyun’s eyes widened and she averted her gaze. “Umm…well…”

“Actually,” drawled Eunji grinning evilly. “She came back last year.”

Minho’s eyes flew open and he gave her a startled look. “Is that true?”

Jihyun winced and reluctantly nodded her head. “Y-Yes.”

Onew shot Eunji a startled look. “How did you…?”

Eunji rolled her eyes. “I have my ways.”

Minho scratched his head in confusion. “If you were here all this time, why didn’t you tell me?”

Jihyun cleared . “I—I”

“She didn’t want to see you.” Interrupted Eunji, sighing dramatically.

Minho’s eyes snapped towards her, a hurt look on his face. “What?”

Eunji raised her eyebrows in amusement as Jihyun turned scarlet and furiously shook her head.

“N-no I was just so busy that I didn’t—”

“You were too busy to see him ehh?” Eunji sarcastically shook her head. “Or do you just hate him?”

“I don’t hate him!” Blurted Jihyun, sending Onew a flustered look.

“Eunji-ah maybe you shouldn’t—ow!”

Eunji stomped on Onew’s foot as she innocently smiled at Jihyun. “Well then the two of you should go get some coffee or something and catch up on the past.”

Just as Eunji had predicted Jihyun paled and started furiously stuttering. She smiled wickedly as Jihyun came up with a terrible excuse—something about forgetting to feed her cat—and scurried out the room, her face flaming red.

Onew smiled obliviously. “I didn’t know she had a cat.”

Eunji’s lower lip curved upwards when she heard Minho dejectedly whisper. “She doesn’t. She’s allergic to them.”

Eunji’s phone vibrated in pocket and her smile fell when she read the message.

Prosperity dinner in 1 hour, come or you will regret it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jihyun tiredly slumped against the leather seat in her father’s black BMW. She placed a quivering hand over her heart trying to calm it down.

I can’t believe I saw him again. It’s been so long.

Jihyun absentmindedly twirled the engagement ring on her finger as a piece from the past came flittering through her mind.

“Hey Ji did you see me score that awesome goal back there? It was perfect!”

Minho, at the age of fifteen with his long curly hair ran towards Jihyun, sweat drizzling down his face.

Jihyun numbly stood near the sidelines, her heart nearly jumping out of her chest when he picked her off the floor and excitedly spun her around. “We’re going to the finals!”

“T-That’s…great!” Jihyun’s pathetic attempt at sounding excited didn’t go unnoticed by Minho.

Minho stopped twirling her around and gently lowered her onto the floor, a worried expression on his face. “What’s wrong Ji? Didn’t you like the game?”

“N-No, the thing is that—that—” Jihyun’s voice broke and she dropped her gaze, tears welling up in her eyes.

“Hey what’s wrong? Did someone hurt you? Tell me!” Minho placed his hand under Jihyun’s chin and forced her to look at him.

Jihyun took a deep breath in, steadying herself, and stared Minho straight in the eyes. “I’m moving to Switzerland.”

Minho blanched. “What do you mean you’re moving to Switzerland?”

“I found out about this yesterday,” whispered Jihyun, trying to hide the tremor in her voice. “D-Dad opened a new business there and I have to—.”

“No, no!” Minho shook his head, denial clear in his eyes. “You can’t move away, there has to be another way.”

“Minho there isn’t anything we can—”

“That’s it!” Minho snapped his fingers. You can live at my house, my parents won’t mind, in fact they love you. You can sleep in my room and I’ll move to the attic or to the basemen—”

“Minho,” Jihyun stared levelly at Minho and took a deep breath in, forcing herself to tell the ultimate lie. “I-I want to go to Switzerland,”

Minho’s eyes softened. “Yah Jihyun don’t lie to me, I know you hate it when your father forces you to do things.”

Anger flashed in Jihyun’s eyes and her hands clenched into fists. “No, you don’t know anything about me!”

Minho flinched, startled by her outburst. “But Ji—”

Jihyun stamped her foot childishly on the floor. “I WANT to study abroad. I HATE this city, and I HATE this school.”

It took Minho a minute to compose himself before softly replying. “If that’s what you really want Ji...”

“Yes it is.”

Minho smiled forcedly. “Fine, but you’d better not be a chocolate addict when you come back.”

Jihyun nodded her head knowing for sure that she wouldn’t be coming back.

Jihyun clenched her eyes tightly shut, trying to rid her herself of that memory, of that lie.

“Miss Jihyun, would you like me to start the car?”

The voice of her driver coming from the speaker snapped Jihyun out of her haze.

“Eric?” She weakly called out, pressing the bottom to talk to her driver. “Take me home.”

“I’m sorry Miss, but your father wants you to attend the prosperity dinner.”

Jihyun straightened up and let out a sigh. “Fine, but drop me off at GUCCI first, I need to change.”

She tiredly took her phone out and texted her fiancé.

Oppa, dinner in an hour don’t forget >.<


^.^ ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER?

Will update next chapter when I get home <33