Kicked Out

Master of Disguise

“Your ­­Ice Cap and Americano.”

Eunji ignored the waitress as she placed their drinks on the table, her eyes focused on the blonde man sitting in front of her. After their little incident in the parking lot, Onew had coolly suggested they catch up over a cup of coffee.

“So,” Onew took a sip from his Ice Cap, his eyes locked on Eunji. “How have you been?”

“Good,” answered Eunji, started by how formal he was being. “I’m a bodyguard now.”

Onew’s lips twitched into a soft smile, “I’m not surprised, that job really suits you.”

“Yeah I was born with the ability to beat people up,” Eunji joked.

Onew didn’t laugh, he just smiled. His eyes were trained on Eunji’s face—as if mesmerized by it.

“Um,” Eunji cleared . “How about you Mr. Youngest Doctor in all of Korea, how have you been?”

Onew rolled his eyes, “It’s harder than I thought it would be. Early mornings, late nights; the job is never don—oh excuse me.”

Onew picked up his phone—which had been vibrating on the table—and answered it. “Hello?”

Eunji—who felt like suffocating from how awkward the atmosphere was—was suddenly very distracted when she noticed Onew’s finger. Or more like when she noticed what wasn’t on his finger. The grass ring.

It was stupid, and she knew it was, but she still couldn’t help the wave of disappointment that surged through her. It’s stupid, why would he keep it for five whole years? Feeling suddenly self-conscious Eunji quickly tucked her necklace under her shirt—the necklace which had a thin grass ring attached to it.

“I’m so sorry,” started Onew, practically throwing his phone on the table. “A nurse called me to ask about a patient.”

I bet she did. Eunji cynically raised her eyebrows before glancing down at her watch, and letting out a curse when she noticed the time. “Crap, I have to go.”

Onew’s eyes widened as he watched Eunji get up for her seat, his cool façade slipping. “Where are you going right now?” Don’t leave!

Eunji smiled apologetically, “I have to get to my employer’s house, well it was nice seeing you Onew, maybe I’ll bump into  you—Yah what are you doing?”

Onew got up from his seat and picked up his Ice Cap. “Let me give you a ride.”

“Honestly Onew I don’t need a ride—”

“Just tell me,” Onew was just as stubborn. “It’ll be faster than the subway.”

Eunji blew out an annoyed breath. “Fine, take me to Jihyun’s house.”

Onew’s eyebrows rose, “You’re her bodyguard?”

Eunji mimicked his expression as she followed him to his car. “Is there something wrong with that?”

Onew gave Eunji a soft look. “No it just means that she’ll be very safe with you.”

Eunji flushed red and managed to mutter an, “Of course she will.”

Onew smiled at Eunji’s reaction and when they reached his car, he immediately walked over to the passenger seat and opened it for Eunji.

Eunji glared at him, but got in, not before mumbling, “Stupid gentleman.”

“Oh I forgot to ask you this,” After walking over to his side and siting in his seat, Onew turned to Eunji with a concerned look on his face. “Are you hurt?”

Eunji blinked twice. “What?”

Onew gestured to her hip as he backed out the parking space and headed onto the road. “You were bent over in pain when I found you, is everything okay?”

Eunji shrugged her shoulders, watching the road in front of her. “It’s nothing really.”

“Are you sure?” the concern in Onew’s voice managed to get to Eunji and she puffed out in annoyance.

“I got stabbed.”

WHAT?!”

Onew hit the brakes so hard Eunji was thrown forwards, and if it hadn’t been for her seatbelt she would have shot out the window and straight onto the road ahead.

Onew turned to her, shocked. “What?”

Eunji flinched at the loud horns coming from behind them. “Yah Onew move the car, before we get in an accident.”

Onew firmly shook his head. “Not before you tell me what happened.”

Eunji glanced in the rear-view mirror and noticed a bunch of people angrily lined up behind them, so she hurriedly explained. “I was protecting my employer and some two punks attacked her. I kicked one kid’s but the other had a knife and he managed to stab me when I wasn’t looking. That’s all.”

“That’s all?” Onew’s tone was incredulous. “You got stabbed and that’s all?”

“Yes,” Eunji’s eyes suddenly tightened. “Now start driving before I’m forced to beat up the drivers behind us.”

Onew reluctantly started driving, his eyes –which were filled with concern—kept darting nervously to Eunji’s hip.

“Are you okay now?” he asked softly after a minute of silence.

Eunji paused or a moment, deliberating on what to say, before settling on the truth. “It hurts occasionally, but nothing I can’t deal with.”

Onew’s lips were pursed, not liking what he heard. “If you want, I could take a look at it.”

Eunji rolled her eyes, “Why does that sound not so very innocent Onew?”

“What do you mean? I’m serious, I really want to check on your wound.”

Eunji’s eyes tightened. “I bet you would.”

Onew raised his eyebrow, “I don’t understand wh—OH!” Onew broke off, his face flushing red. “I didn’t mean it THAT way, from a medical perspective—”

“Oh I bet you say that to all your female patients.” Snipped Eunji folding her arms over her chest.

“I do NOT,” Onew’s face was bright red. “Besides I’m a doctor for children, not women.”

Eunji scoffed. “You do realize that makes it way worse? Being a pedo-doc is not cool Onew.”

Onew’s face started turning purple and he flusteredly ruffled his hair. “YAH! IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!”

Unable to hold in her façade, Eunji burst into laughter, tears welled up in her eyes from how hard she was laughing and she wiped them away.

“God you’re still so—”

Eunji suddenly broke off when she noticed that Onew had stopped driving and that he was staring intently at her with soft eyes.

“What?”

Onew blinked out of his daze and cleared his throat, his cheeks burning red. “We’re here.”

Eunji glanced out her window in surprise—and disappointment—at the large mansion in front of her and back at Onew. “Well I guess I’ll be going then.”

Onew bit his lower lip, “I’ll see you tomorrow at Minho’s soccer game right?”

Eunji unbuckled her seat belt and nodded her head. “Yup, that’s the whole reason why I’m here.”

Onew’s lower lip jutted out as Eunji opened the door and slide out of the car. “Thanks for the ride.”

“See you tomorrow.”

When Eunji disappeared into the house, Onew leaned against his seat and clenched his eyes tightly shut. It feels like she never disappeared; like she was here the whole time.

“I’m going crazy,” whispered Onew opening his eyes and slowly backing out of Jihyun’s driveway and speeding off towards his house.

The ride back home wasn’t long, heck Onew sometimes walked to Minho’s house, but in Onew’s mind it felt like it had taken an eternity.

His mind clouded with thoughts of Eunji and what he should do suddenly froze when he noticed an all too familiar red car parked in his driveway. Oh no, she’s home.

Onew quickly parked his car by the red one and hesitantly slipped out of his car and towards his front door.

“I hope she’s aslee—AH!”

The door was thrown open and a very angry old lady, holding a broom, glared fiercely at Onew.

“Hey mom,” Onew smiled ruefully. “I didn’t expect you to visi—”

“Of course you didn’t,” snapped his mother. “Your house wouldn’t be this dirty if you had.”

Onew rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. “I had no time to—”

“What kind of doctor are you?” grumbled his mother, shaking her head in disgrace. “You should know how dangerous it is to live in a filthy place.”

“Mom—”

“Enough,” his mother took a deep breath in, picked a bag off the floor and shoved it in Onew’s arms. “Leave.”

Onew blinked at his mother, not comprehending her words. “Pardon?”

“I need to clean this junkyard, and I can’t do it with you here.”

“But Mom—”

“No buts,” his mother smiled slightly. “Go sleep over at Key’s house for the night.”

“Mom I can’t just—”

*SLAM*

Much to Onew’s surprise, the front door was slammed shut in his face and he was left stranded in front of his own house with nothing but a sleeping bag in his hand.

Onew stared up at the darkening cloudy sky and sighed exhaustedly. “I really hope it doesn’t rain today.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunji pulled out the yellow umbrella that Jihyun had lent her and opened it as she walked out of the subway station and towards her house.

“It’s a good thing I live beside the subway,” muttered Eunji, her boots splashing through the massive puddles formed by the endless raining.

Glancing up at her umbrella Eunji recalled Jihyun’s previous words to her.

“Unnie I need to watch that soccer game. I need to be on that field screaming Minho’s name when he scores the winning goal.”

Eunji snorted and rolled her eyes as she ducked under the entrance of her house and closed her umbrella. Crazy girl, what difference will it make if you just watch him from TV?

Shaking her head, Eunji walked into her house, laid the umbrella by the door and slid her boots off.

“Ugh, that’s just nasty.” Eunji shuddered at the sight of her soggy socks.

After taking her socks off and throwing them into her laundry basket, Eunji strolled to the kitchen and started boiling some water; there’s nothing better than eating noodles after a long and cold day of work.

“Where did I put those packages of noodles?” mumbled Eunji, standing on her tiptoes as she searched through her almost empty cupboards.

The doorbell rang, interrupting Eunji’s hunt for her food; something she found very displeasing.

Not bothering to glance at the monitor, Eunji yanked the door open. (One of the many advantages of being a fearless bodyguard was that it didn’t matter who was at the door).

“Hey do you realize what time it—Onew?

Onew drenched with rain, his clothing dripping with water, smiled softly at Eunji. His arms where tightly wrapped around a sleeping bag and his shoulders trembled from the cold.

“Onew what the hell are  you doing out in the rain? You’ll catch a cold you idiot.”

Onew cleared his throat, his blue lips trembling. “Can I sleep over?”

 


 

*SQEEEEEEAAAAL* 

Oh my goodness, just the image of Onew, cold, wet and standing in front of my house with a sleeping bag makes me go crazy >///<

Onew trying to act cool and cold, but failing miserably U__U Sorry Onew, you’re just not a mean guy.

BUT BACK TO THE MAIN POINT -> HE'S SLEEPNG OVER AT EUNJI'S HOUSE O.o GYAHHHHHHH~!