Cinderella's Textbook

Master of Disguise

“WHAT?!” I shrieked, my voice disturbing the peaceful silence in the park.

 

“What now?” mumbled Key, folding his arms over his chest.

 

“What do you mean exams start tomorrow?”  Calm down Eunji, Key is just being a Jerk and fooling around…Right?

 

Jonghyun who was leaning against a tree, nodded his head. “We’ve known about this for about a month.”

 

“No, that can’t be true.” I shook my head in denial.

 

Taemin’s eyes widened. “Don’t tell me you didn’t study for tomorrow’s chemistry midterm?”

 

If it was possible, I paled even more. “C-chemistry? M-midterm.” Oh crap.

 

Onew gently placed his hand on my shoulder, his eyes filled with concern. “Don’t worry Eunjin. You and I have been studying together for a while now; you’re definitely ready for this mid-term.”

 

I shook his hand off and unsteadily stood up. “N-no. I am not ready.” Aish, why didn’t I think about this earlier?

 

I turned around and started running towards the Academy.

 

“Where are you going?” yelled Key frustration coating his voice.

 

“To study,” I yelled back, not stopping to explain.

 

“Poor guy, he’s going to fail.” Mumbled Minho shaking his head in pity.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I flung the door to my room open and ran to my desk. I frantically searched through the scattered pieces of paper for my calendar. This is why you shouldn’t be disorganized.

 

I caught sight of Onew’s blue calendar, which was neatly hung on the wall. Of course he’s organized.

 

I checked tomorrows date and winced when the inevitable was confirmed.

 

In large red print the word MID-TERM was written. You’d think I’d remember something that important.

 

I hung my head and mechanically picked up my chemistry textbook. Might as well start now.

 

As I began skimming through the pages my cell-phone vibrated.

 

I grumpily placed my hand in my pocket and roughly took that stinking piece of metal out. When I glanced at the screen I did a double take.

 

**CALENDAR ALERT: Party at Grandma’s. 6:00 PM sharp-don’t be late-or else!!!**

 

I glanced at my watch. 5:30. Oh crap.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I’m here! I’m here!” I yelled as soon as I threw the door to my grandma’s house open.

 

The look that she gave me sent chills down to my core. I glanced around and noticed that a couple of guests had arrived.

 

“Sweetie,” she said through clenched teeth, “Why don’t you go to the washroom and fix yourself up. The special outfit you wanted is there.”

 

I shook my head. “But I didn’t ask for-”

 

“Go!” she hissed.

 

I furiously nodded my head and ran to the washroom.

 

Once inside, I carefully slipped my chemistry textbook from under my sweater and into a large duffel purse that laid on the floor.

 

In the corner of the washroom I noticed a rather skimpy looking red ‘dress’. I disgustingly picked it up with two fingers and held it at an arm’s length away. There is no way in hell that I’m going to wear this.

 

Attached to it was a note that read You WILL wear this.”

 

Underneath the dress was a pair of black flats.

 

I winced and hesitantly brought the piece of red dress closer. I curiously turned it around. How do you wear this?

 

After a long ten minute fight with the dress, I finally had it on.

 

The dress was velvet red and made of silk. It was beaded around the neckline. It was long sleeved, but the fabric there was see through. It wasn’t too low cut, but there was a huge split that ran down the side of my thigh, revealing too much of my leg.

 

I quickly glanced at my reflection in the mirror and giggled when I saw how messy my hair looked. Grandma would faint if she saw me like this.

 

I grabbed a brush and hastily straightened it out my long hair.

 

I slowly pulled open the washroom door and took a hesitant step out. I glanced around and caught sight of my grandma talking to some guy in a suit. When she saw me, she signalled for me to come over. I can’t ever escape form her.

 

I slowly walked over towards her, a suspicious look forming on my face. Why does she want to introduce me to him?

 

“Aigoo here she is. Isn’t she lovely?” my grandma said proudly.

 

The guy stared at me appraisingly. “What a beauty. If my Byeonghyun wasn’t engaged I would have married him to her.”

 

My grandma grunted in annoyance.

 

I smiled forcefully. “Yeah, too bad.Don’t tell me she’s trying to set me up?

 

The guy smiled. “My name is Lee Jinyoung. Nice to meet you Eunji.”

 

I bowed respectfully.

 

After a quick chat my grandma excused us and started introducing me to variety of people. I noticed, with great distaste, that all the people she introduced me to had sons my age. She really does want to set me up with some guy!

 

“Omo! Han Jaehee is that you?” exclaimed grandma as we approached a woman with short coiffured hair.

 

The younger woman laughed superficially and touched her face. “Yes it’s me. Are you surprised?”

 

Grandma shook her head in distaste. “It’s a wonder what a couple thousand dollars can do to your appearance.”

 

I stifled a laugh. Score one for Grandma.

 

Jaehee cleared and she beamed at me. “Wow, Eunji you’ve grown into a woman.”

 

“I can assure she isn’t made of plastic.” Murmured grandma, pulling me away from the fuming woman.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I numbly sat down on the dinner table. I glanced around and noticed that everyone was talking animatedly. Now’s your chance, no one will notice.

 

I slowly slipped my textbook out of my bag and smoothly placed it on my lap. I glanced around and smiled victoriously. No one noticed.

 

I then spent the next 30 minutes going over the things that I was bad at. Onew was right, this doesn’t seem so bad. I smiled cheerfully.

 

“Eunji?”

 

“Eunji?”

 

“EUNJI?!”

 

My head snapped up, startled by the suddenly intrusive outburst.

 

My eyes met with a furious, fire-breathing grandma.

 

I gulped. Busted.

 

“Sweetie, why haven’t you touched your meal?” she growled through clenched teeth.

 

“I-I wasn’t hungry.”

 

“What’s this?” The gentlemen sitting beside me, who I was introduced to earlier, pointed towards the book lying on my lab.

 

“N-nothing.” I quickly slammed the textbook and stood up. That movement resulted in an awful screeching sound.

 

“How ungraceful.” Mumbled Jaehee, wrinkling her nose in distaste.

 

My Grandma’s face flushed in anger. Oh crap.

 

“Well this has been a lovely night, but I must go.” I didn’t have time to grab the duffel bag, so I hugged the textbook to my chest, bowed my head and rushed out of the room.

 

Adrenaline pumped through my veins and I hastily rushed out of the room, lowering my gaze so that I don’t make eye contact with anyone.

 

“Ow,” I bumped into someone and staggered back. My textbook dropped on the floor from the sudden impact.

 

The person’s hand shot out and steadied me. “Are you okay?” his voice soothed.

 

“I-I’m-”

 

“KIM EUNJI YOU GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANCE!” seethed the dragon.

 

I cursed and made a run for the door, forgetting completely about my abandoned textbook.

 

“Excuse you me, you dropped your-”

 

I hastily ran to the front door, threw it open, and disappeared out of sight.

 

“-textbook.” The person’s bent down and picked up the chemistry textbook off the floor, a thoughtful look on his face.

 

“She got away.” hissed Grandma, slamming the front door shut.

 

Grandma’s eyes briefly landed on the ‘handsome’ man in the hall. Her posture immediately changed and a charming smile formed on her lips.

 

“Ahh Mr. Lee Jinki, I’m glad that you can make it. You’re mother mentioned that you would be late because of your exams.”

 

“If you follow me, I’ll show you to the dining room.”

 

Grandma turned around and walked towards the living room, expecting him to follow.

 

Onew distractedly nodded his head. Shouldn’t I return this to its owner?

 

He curiously peeled off the front over. When he saw the name written on the inside he did a double take. So it really was true…?

 

Onew snickered and firmly snapped the book shut, an angry smile forming on his face.

 

Looks like Cinderella forgot her chemistry textbook.


 

Dun Dun Duuuuun~ Another Clumsy mistake by Eunji. Tsk tsk, what will Onew do? How much does he have figured out?

On a side note, the Grandma KILLS me xD She actually reminds me of my grandma *shudder* Now you guys know what I have to go through.

So yeah, Just like I promised------> Some ACTION!

Aigoo I'm over-flowing with fluff >///<

 ❤~~Comments are loved~~