Jonghyun's Expensive Cane

Master of Disguise


“BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-“

I groaned and rolled over on the bed, slamming my hand down on the snooze button.

“Aish,” I tiredly sat up and streatched my stiff arms. I’m so stiff.

I glanced around and noticed Onew peacefully sleeping on his bed, a soft expression on his face. Idiot, he made me clean the washroom all by myself.

I angrily pushed my covers off and marched to the washroom.

I quickly checked my reflection in the mirror and did a double take. The bruise on my face was starting to heal. I touched my cheek and made contact with something creamy. When did I put cream on it?

My eyes widened. Did Onew –?

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. Don’t be stupid Eunji, Onew hates you.

Still, I couldn’t stop my heart from fluttering happily; I smiled cheerfully and skipped to the breakfast room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Someone’s in a good mood.” Noted Key, sitting down at our usual table.

“What are you talking about? I’m like this every day.” I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

Jjong leaned closer in. “Actually no. You’re practically glowing today. Are you using a different cream?”

I pinked slightly. “No, I’m just happy that’s all.” Of all days, they choose today to analyze me?

Why are you happy?” Key folded his hands over his chest and stared at me suspiciously.

“Well excuse me. Can’t I be happy for once?”

“Did you finally get laid?” blurted Jjong, his eyes widening excitedly.

“W-WHAT?” I abruptly stood up, my face heating up.

Minho, who was weakly nibbling on an apple, smacked the back of Jjong’s head. “Idiot.”

 

Jjong pouted innocently. “What?”

I angrily picked up my tray of food, stomped to a nearby empty table and sat there.

That stupid Jjong- his mind is always in the gutter.

“Can I sit here?”

I looked up and met a familiar face, smiling down at me.

***Author’s POV***

Onew sighed and pushed himself off the bed. He lazily glanced at the clock that hung on the wall. I have 30 min before class starts to eat breakfast.

He glanced at Eunji’s unmade bed and grimaced when he didn’t find her in it. Guess she already left.

 His conversation with L.Joe from the previous night, popped into his head.

L.Joe smirked. “You can stop pretending, I know that Eunjin’s a girl.”

Onew took a step back, shock flitting across his face.  “Who told you?”

L.Joe raised his eyebrows. “A little bird told me.”

Onew’s jaw tightened. Was it Eunji who told him?

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because I want you to know that I’ll be protecting her from now on. I won’t let anything or anyone hurt her. Not even you.”

“You’re being an idiot.” Hissed Onew.

L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Just take good care of her. If someone finds out that she’s a girl– they might take advantage of her.”

Onew snickered. That idiot is pushing his limit. Who does he think he is? Her boyfriend?

Onew closed his eyes and a wave of nausea washed over him. For some reason, the thought of L.Joe and Eunji together, makes me sick.

He took a deep breath in, and pushed himself off the bed.

*************

“–so Niel then decided to add sugar to it–” 

While L.Joe was talking, Eunji’s eyes unintentionally wondered over to her previous table. Onew still hasn’t come? Is he sick? Did he sleep in?

 “Eunjin?”

L.Joe waved his hands in front of Eunjin’s blank face.

“Sorry I dazed off for a second there.”

L.Joe laughed lightly. “No problem. As I was saying–”

The cafeteria door was thrown open, and Eunji’s eyes visibly brightened, as Onew walked in.

Eunji placed a hand over her racing heart. Why am I acting so weird today?

L.Joe suddenly broke off and followed Eunji’s gaze.

“So that’s what’s been distracting you.” He whispered dejectedly.

“Eunjin how was your day yesterday?” asked L.Joe, trying to get her attention.

Eunji peeled her eyes off Onew and blushed at her bizarre behaviour. “Yesterday was awful! Onew left me all alone and I was forced to–”

L.Joe’ s shoulders slumped in defeat. If she isn’t staring at him, she’s talking about him.

****************

 

WHY IS SHE SITTING WITH HIM??

Onew’s eyes tightened into slits as Eunji happily chatted with L.Joe. She was making dramatic hand gestures as she animatedly told him a story. Why is she leaning so close to him?

Onew slumped down beside Key, his eyes still glued on Eunji.

“Morning sleeping beauty.” Teased Key, bumping his shoulder with Onew.

Onew grunted in response.

“Hyung what’s wrong?” pouted Taemin, taking a small sip from his banana milk.

“Why is Eunjin sitting with him?” he grumbled, throwing daggers at L.Joe’s back.

Minho chuckled. “Because Jonghyun scared him off.”

 

Onew bitterly watched Eunji giggle at something L.Joe had said.

“If you keep glaring like that, you’ll burn a whole in his back.” Teased Jjong, lightly punching Onew on the shoulder.

“I’m not glaring.” Grumbled Onew, jabbing a spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

Jjong raised his eyebrows. “Don’t tell me you’re jealous?”

Onew started choking on his cereal. W-what??

Jjong sighed sympathetically and patted Onew on the head. “I used to be like that. I’d get all upset when others tried befriending Minho. Don’t worry, I understand.”

Onew reached for the cup of water and drank it, rolling his eyes at his friend.

Jjong smiled wickedly as an idea popped into his head. “Hyung I have an idea, but you’re going to kill me afterwards."

Onew wiped his mouth with a napkin. “What are you talking abou–”

*BAM*

And everything went black.

~~~Eunji’s POV~~~

“Are you an idiot?” I hissed, glaring at Jjong. My voice echoed throughout the abandoned hallway.

Jjong winced and leaned against the nurse’s door.

“I didn’t think he’d be that hurt.”

I scoffed at him. “Jonghyun you hit him on the head with a cane. How’s that not supposed to hurt? Why the heck do you even have one?”

Jjong rolled his eyes. “It’s for my drama class, and I’ll have you know- it was very expensive! You don’t know how hard Onew’s head is. It could have ruined this–”

“YAH LEAVE!” I yelled, shoving him away.

“Fine be that way.” Grumbled Jjong, waking away.

 

I slumped against the wall in exhaustion. This school is filled with idiots! Jonghyun could have killed Onew.

The nurse peeked out of her room. “Eunjin?”

I straightened up, and my heart sped up. “Is he okay?”

She rolled her eyes. “Yeah he’s fine, just a little restless. He keeps asking me where you are.”

I blinked twice. “Me?”

The nurse sighed in annoyance. “Yes you.” She then added in a lower voice. “It’s not healthy how attached these boys are too each other.”

Eunji took a deep breath in and entered the room, her eyes immediately landed on Onew’s tired ones.

“Hey.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

“Did you do it?”

“Not yet.” Murmured L.Joe, slumping against the door to his room.

His hand tightened on his phone.

“Why not?” hissed the person on the other end.

L.Joe pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “She really likes him.”

The person on the other end snickered. “Then break them apart.”

L.Joe squeezed his eyes shut. “How?”

“Get rid of him.”

L.Joe’s eyes flew open. “W-what?”

“You heard me. Get rid of him. I won’t have my granddaughter date someone of his descent.”

“Will you keep your promise?” Whispered L.Joe, a wave of nausea hitting him.

Eunji’s grandmother scoffed “Don’t insult me. I never break a promise.”

And the line went dead.


 

"WOAH, WOAH! HOLD UP Author-nim, are you trying to tell me that L.Joe is evil?" “Ehhhhh? L.Joe is evil?” “WHY?” “How did the grandmother get involved in all of this?” “Author-nim, YOU ARE CRAZY” LOOL yes, yes I am ;)

AIGOOOO~

I’m sorry for this late update TT__TT *sigh*

I’ve been locked up in my room studying for my exams and it was NOT a pleasant sight *shudder*

My updates MIGHT slow down--> ONLY because I have finals coming up! I will try my best to squeeze some time for this! You guys have no idea how much I enjoy writing this fic! It helps me relax >_< So, thanks guys!

I’m looking forward to hearing reading your comments ^.^ 

I LOOOVE YOU GUYS!!