Making a Comeback with Cookies

Master of Disguise

“The carpets here are…nice.”

Eunji resisted the urge to slap herself across the face. Carpets? Seriously is that what we’re going to talk about now? Stinking carpets that you stomp all over them with your muddy boots.

“Yeah, they’re so…fuzzy and…soft.” L.Joe murmured in a polite tone, not wanting to embarrass Jihyun.

The four of them sat on black leather chairs, facing each other. Grandmother had somehow disappeared out the door and the awkwardness in the room was unbearable.

“They are aren’t they?” Jihyun’s face lite up as some sort of conversation was initiated. “The red color makes them look especially cozy.”

L.Joe winced at her enthusiasm. “I guess so—”

Onew’s eyes, which were focused on Eunji, were grim. He had no idea why Eunji was pretending that she was going to marry L.Joe. He was sure that Eunji liked him NOT L.Joe. L.Joe didn’t mean anything to her…right?

“Oppa, let’s get fuzzy carpets like these in our house!”

Onew snapped out of his daze and sent Jihyun a startled look, completely unaware of what they were talking about.

“Sorry what?”

Jihyun’s face dropped for a second. “Oppa, the carpets!”

Onew glanced at the carpets for a moment before turning his gaze to Jihyun. “What about them?”

“I like them,” mumbled Jihyun, fiddling with her hands.

Onew cocked his head to the side, not comprehending. “But they’re just carpets.”

Eunji stifled a laugh as a flustered look crossed Jihyun’s face. “I-I know, but they’re—fuzzy—and warm—and—”

“Who wants cookies?” Eunji interrupted, bored by Jihyun’s babble.

Onew’s face lit up and he turned to her with a bright smile, almost forgetting about Jihyun and L.Joe’s presence. “Raisin?”

Eunji cracked a smile as she stood up, amused by his excitement. “Yup.”

Onew eagerly nodded his head as Jihyun puckered her lips in distaste. “Aish, I hate raisin cookies, do you have chocolate chip?”

Eunji glared at her in annoyance. “No, I only have raisin.”

Jihyun shuddered in repulsion and Onew sent her a slightly offended look. “What’s wrong with raisin cookies?”

Jihyun raised her eyebrows in distaste. “No offense Oppa, but it looks like a mouse pooped—forgive my language—on the cookie.”

Eunji snorted. “Well chocolate chip cookies looks like someone had a really bad case of watery diarrhoea.”

Jihyun flinched as L.Joe broke into laughter and immediately clamped a hand over his mouth, trying to—but failing—to contain his laughter. “That’s it; I am never eating a cookie ever again.”

Eunji smiled in satisfaction, and started walking to the kitchen. “I need help carrying the plates.”

Two voices immediately spoke up. “I’ll help.”

Eunji stiffened and slowly turned around, watching L.Joe and Onew, both of whom where half out of their seats, glance at each other in shock.

The two men laughed awkwardly and gestured for the other to sit down. “I can help her.”

“No, no.  She’s my fiancée, I’ll help her.”

“It’s no problem I can—”

“I’LL HELP HER.”

“I CAN DO IT.”

“I DON’T WANT EITHER OF YOUR HELP!” Hissed Eunji, silencing them.

Both men cowered in their seats in surprise.

Eunji smiled sweetly as she gestured to Jihyun. “I think Jihyun can help me.”

Jihyun’s eyes doubled in size and she piped up in a small voice. “M-Me?”

Eunji laughed darkly. “Yes, we girls need to bond together.”

Jihyun exchanged frightened looks with Onew and L.Joe before following Eunji in the kitchen.

Onew’s eyes tightened as he glared at L.Joe, “Buddy you lay on finger on her…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So what did you want to talk about?”

Jihyun pulled out four white, golden trimmed plates from the dishwasher, an uncertain look on her face.

Eunji probed herself, in a very un-lady like manner, onto the kitchen counter and smirked at Jihyun. “Did you buy your wedding dress yet?”

Jihyun shook her head and leaned exhaustedly against the wall. “I’ve been shopping for one all month, and I just can’t seem to find one.”

Eunji tried to look sympathetic. “Yeah, grandmother had to buy mine from Paris.” And it’s ugly as hell.

Jihyun smiled genuinely. “Congratulations!”

“You know,” Eunji pretended to consider something. “I have a friend who is an expert at finding dresses. God gave him a gift at knowing exactly where to go for dresses.”

Jihyun’s face lit up. “No way? Do you think he could help me?”

“Of course he will; he loves doing this sort of thing. Give me your phone and I’ll give you his phone number.”

Jihyun eagerly handed Eunji her pink, sparkly Samsung. “Thank you so much!”

Eunji bit back a dark chuckle as she wrote punched in her friend’s number.

Jihyun took back her phone, an eager smile on her face.

“Kim Jonghyun?” she read aloud.

Eunji cleared , “Yup, that’s him. But do NOT call him until I text you saying it’s okay. I need to explain this to him first.”

Jihyun nodded her head obediently.

Eunji smiled in satisfaction and pulled out a pack of cookies from the counter. “Here, go give this to the boys to munch on, while I make a quick phone call.”

Jihyun cocked her head in confusion. “Who are you…?”

Eunji waved her hand dismissively. “Nobody important, now go.”

Eunji watched Jihyun pick up the box of cookies and the plates and walk out the kitchen a dazed look on her face.

“Perfect,” whispered Eunji, pulling out her phone and dialling a number.

“Seohyun-issi? It’s me Kim Eunji, you know my grandmother right?”

The response on the other end was cold and distant. “Yes, congratulations on getting married.”

Eunji chuckled darkly. “Oh, I’m not married yet, my fiancé L.JOE and I are will be getting married in two weeks.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

Eunji innocently twirled a hair strand around her finger. “Because it seemed important to let you know.”

“What do you—?”

“ANYWAYS,” interrupted Eunji. “As you may have guessed, I don’t have that many girlfriends, and I need a bridesmaid.”

“You want me to be your bridesmaid?” the voice on the other end was flabbergasted.

“Aren’t you a smart cookie?” Eunji chuckled at the cookie reference.

“B-But—”

“Perfect, I knew you’d say yes.” Eunji smiled wickedly. “Meet me at Kleinfeld Bridal next Saturday at five. You need to help me pick out my wedding dress.”

“But isn’t that only five days before your wedding day—”

“Perfect, see you then!”

Eunji hung up, a delighted smile on her face. Looks like I’m making a comeback.

“EUNJI-AH!!!!”

Jihyun ran into the kitchen, her perfectly straight hair, sticking out in different directions.

“What now?” Eunji pushed herself off the counter, a lazy look on her face.

“I-It’s O-Onew and L-L.Joe they—”

Eunji watched Jihyun pant heavily, unable to continue talking.

“What’s her problem?” mumbled Eunji, walking past her and into a very chaotic living room.

“Yah Jihyun, what were you trying to—HOLY CRAP!”

The words died in Eunji’s throat as she took notice of the two men sprawled on the floor, wresting each other.

Onew’s arm was wrapped tightly around L.Joe’s neck , holding him in a head lock. While L.Joe twisted Onew’s other arm behind his back.

“What are you guys doing?” she hissed, starting in awe at the messed up room.

“HE STARTED IT,” they both yelled out, refusing to let go of their grip.

“If you guys don’t stop fighting like sissies this instance I will—”

“Eunji, honey, I’m home.” Crooned Grandmother stepping into the house.

“—Crap.”

Heeeeey >< looks like Onew got a bit too agitated maybe. Any thoughts to WHY L.Joe and him are wrestling? Perhaps that's how...they show affection? OR DID ONEW GET JEALOUS?! *gasp*

I almost burst out into laughter when Eunji acted 'helpful' by giving Jihyun Jonghyun's phone number. Oh my, I WONDER HOW THAT'S GOING TO TURN OUT O.o

And then there is that part with Seohyun. WHY ON EARTH WOULD EUNJI WANT HER AS A BRIDE'S MAID?

Aigoo, so much to think about and so little time ><

-I apologize if you like chocolate chip or raisin cookies xD


 

(BY the way, I will NOT be updating next week-I apologize- because I have three exams TT_TT *sobs* have an awesome week guys <333)