Matchmaking Geniuses

Master of Disguise

“Well?”

Jihyun stepped out of the fitting room in a yet another wedding dress. This dress was, just like the others, strapless—Tiffany was determined not to put Jihyun’s “beautiful” collarbones to waste. This dress, however, wasn’t flattering Jihyun’s figure at all. It was one of those princess dresses that were puffy on the top and very puffy on the bottom.

Jonghyun and Tiffany stopped talking and ran their eyes critically over Jihyun.

“D-Do you like it?” Jihyun awkwardly shifted from one foot to the other, clearly uncomfortable.

“It’s a beautiful dress,” started Tiffany, causing Jihyun’s face to light up.

“Just not beautiful on you,” finished Jonghyun, shaking his head in disapproval.

Jihyun’s shoulder’s dropped in exhaustion. “Oh, okay.”

Tiffany cocked her head to the side, a bemused look on her face. “You know what? I think I might have the perfect dress for you.”

Jonghyun snorted. “That’s what you said an hour ago.”

Tiffany threw him an annoyed look, “don’t you have some girls to run after?”

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows in disbelief. “Sweetie they run after me.”

Jihyun loudly cleared . “Sorry to interrupt, but could we go back to finding me a dress?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes as she strolled over to Jihyun and dragged her to the fitting room, “Believe me this one is gonna be the one.”

Quickly turning around, Tiffany winked at Jonghyun and mouthed “Go get him.”

Jonghyun chuckled as he slowly got up from his seat—waiting for the two ladies to disappear into the fitting room—and walked to the outside of the store, his eyes scanning the crowd for one particular person.

“Minho, over here!”

Minho was walking uncomfortably through the mall, his muddy soccer cleats leaving tracks behind him. He glanced up, locking eyes with Jonghyun, and a look of relief immediately flitted across his face.

“Dude, what the heck are you wearing?” demanded Jonghyun glaring at Minho’s muddy soccer shorts and tacky team jersey.

“Nice to see you too,” murmured Minho sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Jonghyun ignored his snipe and pointed, in utter disgust, at Minho’s outfit. “Why didn’t you change into something decent?”

“Well it’s not like you gave me enough time to change,” snapped Minho, clearly annoyed with Jonghyun’s behaviour. “Besides, there is nothing wrong with what I’m wearing.”

Jonghyun’s right eye twitched. “I can’t believe a friend of mine would dress like that in public.”

Minho sighed in exhaustion as he wearily glanced around him, “So what’s your emergency?”

A sudden light appeared in Jonghyun’s eyes and he scanned Minho. “Hyung what size clothing do you wear?”

Minho blanched, startled by the question. “Size? Why are you—?”

Jonghyun glanced at his silver-plated wrist watch in frustration, “No time to explain, just trust me.”

Jonghyun grabbed Minho’s hand and started dragging him towards the men’s room.

“What going on? Jonghyun what the heck?”

Jonghyun yanked a pair of black jeans and a white button-down shirt from his bag and handed them to Minho, “Change into these.”

Minho did a double take, “Jonghyun I came here to help you, not play dress up.”

Jonghyun scoffed, “You’re going to help me by making that hideous soccer outfit disappear from my sight.”

“Then why did you tell m—”

“Minho-ah,” Jonghyun eyes fixed solemnly on Minho’s. “Please.”

Minho groaned as he buried his head into his hands in frustration, “Why are you doing this to me?”

Jonghyun smiled innocently as Minho reluctantly accepted the outfit. “Believe me; this is for your own benefit.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hurry up in there, we don’t have all day.” Exclaimed Eunji, feeling tremendously bored as she sat on an extremely uncomfortable wooden chair in front of the dressing room.

“I-I’m almost out,” mumbled Seohyun struggling to get her third dress on.

“Aigoo,” grumbled Eunji folding her arms over her chest. How long does it take this chick to put on a dress?

“Yah Kim Eunji,” hissed L.Joe, his eyes tightening suspiciously. “What the heck are you planning?”

Eunji raised her eyebrows, an amused expression on her face. “Yah L.Joe what are you talking about?”

L.Joe cast a fleeting look towards the dressing room before lowering his voice, “Why did you invite me along?”

Eunji rolled her eyes and sarcastically mumbled, “Because you’re my fiancé.”

L.Joe snorted and leaned back against his chair, folding his arms over his chest. “Eunji I’m not an idiot, I know you don’t plan on marrying me.”

Eunji smiled slyly, “You’re right about that. I don’t plan on marrying a man who’s already in love with someone else.”

L.Joe flushed red, his eyes doubling in size. “W-What are you talking—?”

“Yah Seohyun, are you almost done?” snapped Eunji, causing a soft squeal to emerge from the dressing room.

“Y-Yeah, I’m coming out.”

Eunji’s lower lip twitched into a smile; looks like someone was eavesdropping on our conversation.

Seohyun stepped out of the dressing room in a beautiful peach-coloured dress that came all the way down to her feet. The dress was layered with a heap of ruffles and a diamond coated belt, emphasizing Seohyun’s lean figure. Although her hair was pulled up in a messy bun, she still looked stunning; and the look on L.Joe’s face proved just that.

L.Joe jumped out of his seat, a million emotions passing through his eyes as he stared wordlessly, at Seohyun.

“Well,” Eunji cleared , causing the two to gasp and break eye contact, their faces flushing red.

Eunji her lower lip, trying hard not to burst into laughter. “My dad just texted me and I need to get back home.”

Seohyun was the first to recover her voice, “B-But what about the dress—?”

“The one you’re wearing looks perfect to me,” chuckled Eunji gesturing towards L.Joe. “Just look how L.Joe reacted to it.”

As expected L.Joe turned several shades darker and he’s eyes doubled in size. “I-I—”

“Okay, I’ll see you guys tonight.” Declared Eunji, slipping her phone out of her purse.

“What’s happening tonight?” demanded Seohyun.

“Family dinner before the wedding on the weekend, you’re invited.”

“B-but—”

“I can count on you to make sure L.Joe comes right?” interrupted Eunji, smiling teasingly. “He seems…distracted; don’t you think?”

Seohyun blushed and Eunji chuckled as she her heel and stalked out of the shop, a satisfied smile forming on her lips. Mission accomplished; I wonder how Jonghyun is doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“There is no way in hell that I’m walking out of this store in this outfit.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and folded his arms over his chest. “And why not? You look good.”

Minho snorted as he gestured towards his legs. “These pants barely make it past my calves, and this shirt is so tight.”

Jonghyun sighed in annoyance. “It’s not my fault you’re such a giant. Those pants look like capris and that shirt makes you look muscular, so all in all, you look good.”

Minho cast a doubtful look at his reflection in the mirror, “I look ridiculous.”

“No,” corrected Jonghyun. “You look less ridiculous than you did with that soccer outfit.”

Minho let out a small cry as he buried his head in his hands. “Why am I doing this?”

“Because if you don’t, I’ll tell Taemin that you stole his last bottle of banana milk.”

Minho’s head snapped up in disbelief. “But I didn’t steal his milk.”

“Oh really, than what does THIS look like?” Jonghyun smiled darkly as he shoved his phone in Minho’s face.

Minho stared, eyes wide, at a picture of him posing beside Taemin’s last bottle of banana milk.

“That can’t be me, I didn’t steal his—”

“It’s Photoshop, get over it,” chuckled Jonghyun, sliding his phone back into his pocket.

“Come on Jonghyun, don’t be like that.”

Jonghyun sighed dramatically as he started walking out the washroom. “If you’re not going to come along then I’ll just have to show Taemin this very realistic looking picture of yours.”

Minho’s right eye twitched and his shoulders slumped in defeat. “You’re despicable.”

Jonghyun’s face lit up and he quickly ran towards Minho linking arms with him. “I knew I could count on you. Let’s hurry up, she’s waiting for us.”

A confused look passed Minho’s face. “She?”

Dodging the question, Jonghyun grabbed Minho’s hand, dragged him out the washroom and towards Enchantee.

“You’re taking me to a store that sells wedding dresses?” Minho’s eyes scanned the place before wearily focusing on Jonghyun.

“Is there something you would like to tell me Hyung?”

Jonghyun waved his hand dismissively and called aloud, “Tiffany darling, we’re here.”

“What the heck is going—?”

Minho’s suddenly broke off, his eyes locked on the figure walking out of the dressing room.

“M-Minho?” Jihyun’s face flushed bright red, startled by the sudden appearance of her old friend.

Minho’s eyes were focused solemnly on Jihyun. His eyes slowly ran down her figure and back up again, perplexed at how good she looked. He didn’t understand how a dress could bring out so many hidden things in a person. Like how the ruffles on the dress made her legs look longer, or how the tight patterned fabric clung to her body, emphasizing her lean figure and finally, how the strapless dress showed off her flawless neck and collarbone. So many things that he didn’t notice before. She was just so beautiful.

 “J-Jihyun, you look—”

Minho broke off, not knowing how to finish his sentence.

“Beautiful? Attractive? y? Gorgeous?” Whispered Jonghyun, providing his friend with a list of “suitable” adjectives.

“—nice.” Minho finished lamely.

Jonghyun slapped his hand over his forehead. Nice? My shirt is nice, my hair is nice; but a person does not LOOK nice.

Jihyun, however, looked thrilled and maybe even giddy to be called that by Minho. “Really? Do you like it?” Jihyun did a little twirl, showing off the rest of the dress.

“Yah,” Minho cleared his throat. “It’s pretty nice.”

There’s that word again. Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “You look lovely in that beautiful dress Jihyun. Good job Tiffany.”

Tiffany appeared from behind Jihyun, a bright smile on her face. “So the fiancé likes the dress?”

Now it was Jihyun’s turn to blush and become very flustered. “H-He’s not my fiancé.”

Tiffany waved her hand dismissively, “He soon will be.”

Jihyun flushed red, “W-What do you mean?”

Jonghyun quickly cut off Tiffany’s next words, “Since we found the dress, let’s celebrate by buying ice cream, my treat.”

Jihyun sent Minho a shy smile, “I would really like that.”

Jonghyun wiggled his eyebrows at Minho, who groaned and mumbled “Fine.”

Jihyun giggled excitedly as she her heel and headed into the changing room, eager to change back into her normal clothe.

Dude, what the heck was that?” hissed Minho, glaring at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “No need to thank me, just doing my job.”

Minho clenched his eyes shut, “Jonghyun, she’s marrying Onew.”

“She doesn’t have to, she could marry you.”

“I can’t do that to one of my best friends.”

“You know, he doesn’t really wanna marry her.”

Minho’s eyes flew wide open, shocked. “What do you mean by that?”

Jonghyun cast a quick glance towards the dressing room, before lowering his voice and mumbling, “Their marriage is for business reasons; they aren’t really in love with each other. Onew tried breaking up with Jihyun, but she refused because she wants to please her father.”

Minho pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “Why the heck didn’t you tell me this earlier?”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders, “I didn’t know you liked her.”

Minho blushed, “I don’t like—”

“What don’t you like?” piped Jihyun, appearing by Minho’s side.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened before gasping dramatically and placing his hand over his heart. “He doesn’t like me. Even after everything that I’ve done for him.”

Minho blanched. “What are you talking about? I never said—”

“You want me gone? Fine I’m leaving.” Yelped Jonghyun, turning on his heel and stomping off.

“J-Jonghyun?” Minho stared, mouth open at Jonghyun’s dramatic exit.

“What just happened?” murmured Jihyun, a dazed look on her face.

“I think Jonghyun just ditched us.”

Jihyun giggled, “Well I still want ice cream.”

Minho smiled in response, “Yeah me too, let’s go get—”

“Shh! Minho look!” Jihyun grabbed Minho’s arm, a frantic look on her face.

“What?” Minho glanced around him, searching for the cause of Jihyun’s unease.

“Over there” whispered Jihyun, pointing to a couple at the far end of the mall’s cafeteria holding hands.

Minho squinted, trying to make out the couple. “Is that L.Joe?”

Jihyun gasped in disbelief, “So it is him!”

Minho shot her a confused look, “Is there a problem?”

Jihyun’s eyes tightened, “He’s cheating on my friend.”

Minho cast a hesitant look towards L.Joe, who had leaned forwards and whispered something into the girl’s ear, causing her to giggle.

“I can’t believe he would cheat on Eun—OH MY GOD!”

Jihyun’s eyes early fell out of their socket when the girl stood on her tiptoes and kissed L.Joe.

“I can’t believe it!” Jihyun’s hands clenched into fists. I need to do something.

“Wait—Jihyun what are you doing?”

Minho grabbed Jihyun’s arm, stopping her advance, concern in his eyes.

“Minho I can’t just watch while this guy cheats on my—”

“Jihyun?”

Jihyun turned around and her heart almost stopped, because the last person she wanted here, had appeared.

Eunji cursed herself for talking out; then she cursed Jonghyun. I told that idiot NOT to bring her here!

“E-Eunji?” Jihyun’s face paled and she cast a frightened look towards Minho.

“What’s wrong?” Eunji wearily glanced at their sullen faces. “Don’t tell me Jonghyun ditched you guys? That bastard!”

Eunji pulled her phone out of her bag, “Don’t worry I’ll call him right now and make sure he gets his no good —”

The air was knocked out of Eunji’s lungs as Jihyun threw her arms around her and started sobbing uncontrollably.

“I’m so sorry Eunji-ah!” Tears fell down Jihyun’s face and her hold on Eunji’s neck tightened.

“W-What’s going on?” Eunji and Minho exchanged startled looks.


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE <333 I made this chappie extra long, filled with action, just for you guys <3 

*sigh* why did Santa fail to bring me this man? Maybe next year...

Okay back to reality ^^ A lot happens in this VERY long chapter; from Jonghyun's failure to listen to Eunji, to Eunji's successful matchmaking one. BUT looks like Eunji didn't take into account that Jihyun would have been VERY upset at seeing L.Joe "cheating" on Eunji >.> This just keeps getting crazy, eh?