Here I Am

Master of Disguise

Walking out of the airport in her navy-blue trench coat, thick sunglasses and high heeled boots, Eunji was the reason why many men—and women—turned their heads and stared at her. There was nothing unusual about Eunji’s appearance; it was the handsome brunette leaning against his slick red Porsche waiting for her that caught the attention of many bystanders.

“You took your precious time in there,” Was how the handsome man greeted Eunji.

“Oh nice to see you too Jonghyun,” snapped Eunji sarcastically. “I really missed you.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes—but still being a gentleman, picked her luggage and threw it in his trunk—and coolly replied, “Wasn’t it last week when you said you hated my guts and never wanted to see me again?”

Eunji’s lips curved into a smile, “That’s because you threatened my employer.”

Jonghyun scoffed as he yanked the door to his Porsche open and jumped inside. “I only winked at her.”

Eunji chuckled at the memory and sat down in the seat beside Jonghyun. “Well it was a very traumatic experience for her.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, picked up a magazine with the headline “NO GIRLFRIENDS, NO LATE NIGHT CLUBBING—IS DR. ONEW EVEN STRAIGHT?” and handed it over to Eunji as he started up the car.

“Look how sad your poor boyfriend has been since you’ve left him. He’s even gotten the whole world to believe that he’s gay.”

Eunji sighed as she threw the magazine in the backseat and pulled out her cell phone, browsing for Taemin’s address. “He’s not my boyfriend anymore Jonghyun, if you don’t recall we broke up 5 years ago.”

Jonghyun shifted the car into drive and stepped on the gas pedal, “Oh I remember, you ripped Onew heart and abandoned him right in front of the entire school.”

Eunji winced. “I prefer to call it ‘forced’ to leave him and study abroad.”

Jonghyun shrugged, “It doesn’t matter, in the end Onew was heartbroken and it was all your fault.”

Eunji glowered. “Thanks for making me feel better.”

“Anytime,” Jonghyun smirked. “By the way WHEN are you going to visit Onew?”

“Who said I was even going to meet him?” Eunji briskly folded her arms over her chest.

“Oh I don’t know,” Jonghyun smiled airily. “Maybe because you’re googling his name right now?”

Eunji’s fingers froze over her phone and she bashfully shoved it into her bag. “Whatever, just take me to Taemin’s place.”

Jonghyun’s eyes twinkled, “Your wish is my command.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The name is Eunji. Kim Eunji.”

Taemin flipped through the papers on his desk and suddenly gestured to Eunji. “It says here you have a rib injury, will that keep you from doing your job?”

An “injury” you say? It’s more like I was stabbed by a psychopath, but yeah no problem.

Eunji raised her eyebrows. “Taemin I’m taking care of a pregnant woman, how hard could it be?”

Kai growled under his breath, “Sir Taemin.”

Taemin pursed his lips thoughtfully. “Minho is trusting me with making sure that his wife is safe.”

“And she will be.”

The steel in Eunji’s eyes could not be negotiated with and Taemin slowly nodded his head. “Then here’s her profile, she’ll be expecting you today around twelveish—don’t be late.”

Eunji curtly nodded her head, turned around and started heading out the door when Taemin called out. “Oh Eunji, one more thing.”

Eunji turned around, eyebrow raised expectantly.

Taemin’s lips stretched into a teasing smile, “Onew is Jihyun’s doctor.”

Eunji’s cheeks warmed and she deliberately cleared . “SO?”

Taemin chuckled aloud, “Oh nothing, just thought you’d like to know.”

Eunji flashed Taemin the middle finger and angrily stalked out of the room.

Taemin burst into laughter, his eyes starting to tear up as he eagerly reached for his phone.

“Hey hyung, you’ll never guess what I found out. Remember Eunji? Yeah I know I’m not allowed to say that name but just listen. She’s back in Korea! WHAT? No, I’m NOT on drugs. Don’t hang up! Y-YAH KEY!”

Kai snorted as Taemin stared at his phone in devastation. “You’re a complete failure.”

Taemin’s eyes tightened. “YAH!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Jihyun’s house?”

“Yeah, and step on it,” snapped Eunji, her annoyance at Taemin not wearing off.

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows in puzzlement before slowly smiling, “Oh but I have a meeting I need to get to right now.”

Eunji’s forehead creased. “I thought you took the day off.”

Jonghyun sighed dramatically, “The work of a director is never done.”

Eunji glanced down at her watch and pursed her lips thoughtfully, “I guess there is still time for me to take the subway.”

Jonghyun shuddered in disgust, “If you want to get Pneumonia, go right ahead. I – being the considerate friend that I am— called a taxi for you.”

Eunji’s eyebrows rose cynically. “Why don’t I believe you?”

“Because you’re misguided.” Something in the rear view mirror caught Jonghyun’s eyes and he quickly shooed Eunji out of his car. “Get out, get out. I-I need to visit a sick actor right now.”

Eunji’s eyes tightened but she complied and got out of the car. “You said you had a meeting to get to.”

Jonghyun smirked as she shut the door. “I lied.” And he pressed down on the gas pedal and zoomed out of the parking lot.

“Same old Jonghyun,” muttered Eunji, shaking her head. Honest to god she had missed the guy, and only when he visited her last week in Germany did she realize how lonely she really felt.

“What is he planning?” Mused Eunji as she started walking towards the subway station when a kid—probably twelve years old—accidently shoved her out the way, as he made a frantic dash for the bus.

“Crap,” pain shot through Eunji’s hip followed by a wave of nausea, which caught her off gaud and caused her to bend over and clutch her hip in pain. Painkillers, I need some painkillers.

“Are you okay?”

Warning bells went off in Eunji mind but she forced a smile on her face, straightened up, and without turning, around addressed the polite civilian, “I’m fine.”

Walking was definitely a wrong idea, because one step was all it took for the air to get knocked out of Eunji’s lungs and pain to spread throughout her body. The pain being too much, caused Eunji’s legs to give way and for her to fall.

In a split second the stranger reached forward and caught Eunji around the waist, saving her from smashing face-forward onto the concrete floor. “Eunji are you okay?”

Breathing rapidly, Eunji clenched her eyes tightly shut and waiting impatiently for the pain to subdue. And once it did, Eunji noted, with great disdain the arm wrapped around her waist.

“Hands off,” she hissed, weakly shrugging off the creeper’s hands.

The stranger let go and Eunji stumbled forwards. Although her hip still hurt like hell she managed to ignore the pain and turn to the stranger with furious eyes.

“I didn’t ask for your hel—oh.”

The air left Eunji’s lungs—this time from shock and not from the pain.

In front of her was none other than the very man whom she had “apparently” broken his heart in front of the entire school. The man she hadn't seen for five long years. The only person able to make her heart skip a beat.

Onew.

“I know you didn’t ask for my help,” Onew’s voice was like velvet, his soft brown eyes gazing longingly at Eunji. “But here I am.”

 

 

Jonghyun you brilliant ^.^ Still a match-making genius eh?

AND ONEW >< *SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAAL* He’s so cool, so flipping amazing GYAAHHHH >//<

AHAHAHA ^^ Anyways, I really wanted to wish you all a happy belated Valentine's day <33 

*sigh* I LOVE YOU ALL <33